WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bawtry, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at the hotel at the end of May. I cannot praise the staff and the hotel enough. We traveled with our 4 year old daughter who was treat like a princess, given her own bracelet for free ice cream throughout her stay and her own Ritz Robe and slippers. The pool area and bar were fantastic and Breakfast was superb. Disney was a 10 min drive away and it was great to have the contrast from the hustle. The joining Marriott has a great lazy river for children. We will be back. The only downside is this hotel has spoiled us for future holidays!

Room Tip: We had a pool view which was lovley
3 Thank mandrontour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

This is a classy Ritz-Carlton. Arrive and four staff members open the set of double doors for you into the grand lobby. The service is as smooth and professional as you would expect and wish. Rooms are plushly comfortabe, a chaise longue for reclining, a balcony with a view over the golf course or the Lake. Marble bathrooms and Asprey toiletries.
The hotel connects with the adjacent J W Marriott through the conference center area which is vast - acres of carpet in the break-out space. You could easily enjoy a substantial stroll without leaving the buildings. But you should - the grounds are beautifully landscaped into wetlands, with a profusion of wildlife, ibix, herons of various hues, rabbits and rumors of alligators.
The hotel enjoys a quiet, grown up feel - 'no blue jeans' says the dress code, but designer denim seems OK. Internet is $9.95 and shirts are only $7 to be laundered.
Note for Europeans: There is no way a pedestrian could access this hotel! You really need a car; self-park or valet-park.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at the Ritz during the Memorial Day weekend 2 weeks ago. We thought the hotel would be full of guests since it was a long holiday weekend. But it actually felt very comfortable and organized when checking in, at the valet, pool, restaurants etc. They even had a whole weekend of activities planned for the children such as scavenger hunts, sports, and arts/and crafts.
We had an early flight from NYC and arrived around 1pm and thought that we would not be able to check in til 4pm(check in time) but they saw that we have a toddler and immediately let us check in with out me asking. Sent a crib up with a bunch of goodies for the toddler including baby toiletries,outlet safety plugs, and a tub spout protector. These little attention to details make me want to go back to the Ritz again because they show that they care.
The room was immaculate and bedding and pillows were all down and comfortable.
We also enjoyed their sister hotel's pool/lazy river. It's just a 5 min walk over and we had a blast with our 2.5 yr old son. Staying at an upscale hotel like the Ritz made our first trip to Disney with our son even more memorable!
If you have the budget, i think staying at this hotel it's worth every penny.

2 Thank jersychen
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Ritz Carlton Grande Lakes. We arrived late after a long, tiring day at SeaWorld and got a very nice friendly welcome. We got two spacious and bright adjoining rooms with a balcony that overlooked the lakes.

The hotel is very accommodating to our children, ages 1 and 3. The staff is extremely friendly and would leave personalized messages for us and gifts for our boys.

This is a classy property with the lobby and rooms tastefully decorated. It is clean and it smells good. Very nice hotel - all you would expect from a Ritz Carlton.

3 Thank MJH2005
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I stayed at this property during a four day busienss meeting. Although the lcoation is a bit off the tourist map, it is a fantastic hotel with first class amenities. The fact that it shares facilites with the JW Marriott is even better. Ritz guesrts can use the lazy river pool next door. The staff was very attentive and the room was very clean and luxurious. We had a group rate that was crazy low and I would stay at this hotel during the off or shoulder seson without any concern over cost.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good. Some have golf views but candidly I could care less. i fyou are there fo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I will begin with the downside, Hotel is isolated, 25 minutes drive to theme parks and shopping malls. This is a minor problem( no problem at all if you are here for golf!) as the Hotel itself is magnificent. My husband and myself travel extensively throughout the world and I believe the staff here are the most helpful, courteous, and well trained I have ever had the pleasure to experience. Special note should be given to the house keepers I had the pleasure to meet several of them as I was in my room when they came to turn down. They were so friendly, cheerful and eager to please and gave me extra chocolates Thanks!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank carol a
Ormond Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights over Memorial weekend (5/24-5/27) for our anniversary. This is the fourth year in a row we have stayed here for Memorial weekend. Usually we stay on the Club floor which is great with the non-stop food and drinks. This year we opted to take a room on the 4th floor with a lake view so that we could catch the fireworks from our terrace. Plus my wife is pregnant, and we didn't think it was worth staying in the club if she couldn't take advantage of the open bar. Overall, the stay was fine with a few hiccups. In general, I would say that the hotel felt a bit "tired" and was not as crisp as my usual experience. I still feel that the hotel is the best in Orlando, but for the $2600 tab I paid upon checkout, I expected a bit more.

So on to the stay. Upon check-in, valet took the keys to my car and somehow didn't assign my name or room number to the vehicle. The next day, I called down to have the car ready so that my wife and I could go shopping. I was told the car would be ready. When I got down there, the car was no where in sight. I showed a valet person my car ticket, and they told me that the ticket was assigned to a "hot" car since they didn't know who the car belonged to. However they did park the car nearby so it didn't take long to get my vehicle. Still it was a little disconcerting that they didn't know who owned the car. Also, during check-in, my wife and I were given 2 keys that didn't work, so I had to return to the front desk for new keys. They did, however, know that it was our anniversary and were very nice about congratulating us and giving us champagne.

Our room was a decent size, with a comfortable terrace, and comfortable bed. There were only two issues. The shower was almost awkwardly small. I did not feel comfortable using the towel to dry off in the shower. Also, our toilet had a mind of its own. The handle had to be held down for a long time to ensure a complete flush, and even that didn't work half the time. We called housekeeping/engineering twice, who informed us that the toilet was fixed. But it was never sufficiently fixed and we continued to prefer using the bathrooms in the public areas.

For two of the evenings, we had dinner at Norman's which is probably our favorite restaurant in Orlando. As usual, the food was fantastic and the service was great. Our 3rd evening, we had dinner the Vineyard Grille and was pleasantly suprised with how good the food was. Our server, I think his name is Muneer, was EXCELLENT and remembered my wife and I coming in there last year. He really made our dinner there memorable.

My wife and I also used the spa a couple times. FYI, the spa and gym at the Ritz Carlton/JW complex is top notch. Even if you aren't in to the "spa thing", a $30 day pass can be purchased which allows you to use the facilities for the day - steam shower, sauna, jacuzzi, spa pool, and gym. I got her a massage catered to pregnant women, and she really enjoyed it.

Overall, this hotel has a special place in our heart since we got married here four years ago. We will still probably come here for our 5th anniversary. However, I hope they fix a few things before our next visit. Maybe the stay would have been better had we chosen the Club level room again?

Room Tip: The hotel has a great fireworks display several times a year. Make sure you get a lake view room for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple