“Service is never disappointing”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #21 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We spent a week at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando again this year! I can not saying anything but how wonderful the service is at this hotel! From the maids to the waiters, they go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need and want. The room was very nice and it helps to have maid service twice a day, especially if there are more than 2 sharing a room.
The weight room has a lot of equipment to work out on. I usually went there around 10:00am when it was less crowded. There is a paved trail between the lakes and the hotels (JW Marriott is connected to the Ritz), which measures about a 2 miles from the Ritz to the end and back.
Our favorite restaurant was the Vineyard Grill at the Ritz! We ate there 3 different nights. Ask for Mounir as your server, as he is fantastic! The Ritz also has a little coffee stand set up by the lounge in the morning. Two large cups of coffee will run you about $5.65. They also sells muffins.
There was entertainment in the lounge Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights.
Be sure to ask about any specials they have listed on the web site. We saw they have wine or special drink tastings on Friday's evenings, but when we showed up, we found out it had been cancelled for that evening.
Also, listed on the spa menu is a teenage massage, they no longer provide this treatment.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shelbyreneski
Write a ReviewReviews (2,995)

Reviewed March 18, 2013

At our stay at the Ritz grande lakes, hospitality and elegance were immediately the first things I thought of. A gorgeous main entrance with a warm atmosphere and breakaway back to the lounge with views of lush green hills are the first things you see. As our stay happened To fall on valentines day roses and champagne were being served and displayed in every alcove, making a romantic feel for those on getaway. The rooms were nice, but the overall ambience could have proven more creative. But for what it was, it was a lovely room. The pool and spa facilities unfortunately were not on our agenda but we did make it to the lazy river at the bordering hotel, just a walk from the ritz. The food was delicious, both breakfast and lunch, and we tried the sushi bar at the Marriott which also lovely. For breakfast a broad buffet of small treats and full meal options were provided, making it a calm experience with many choices.

While there we spent two days at the parks, one at disney and one at Orlando studios. The hotel provided early morning drop off at Epcot but unfortunately we had to find our own way to universal, about a 15 minute drive.

Overall the stay was lovely, the employees friendly and accommodations pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

During the week of March 8th through the 10th 2013, my wife and daughters stayed at the Ritz Carlton, Orlando. As a platinum member and frequent traveler to this hotel, I have never been disappointed by the exemplary service provided by the hotel staff. However, as this is only my second Trip Advisor comment, I want to take this opportunity to personally thank staff manager Melissa Tan and the rest of the team on duty those days for going above & beyond to ensure that my wife, who took ill during her stay, was provided with all necessary means to ensure that she remained comfortable during the rest of her stay. As a global traveler, This hotel has never disappointed me or other members of my family! It remains one of the best and exemplifies the Ritz standard!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Paul G

What a lovely hotel!
The rooms were comfortable and extremely CLEAN, not a trouble spot in sight (and I checked!) Large bathrooms with both a nice shower and a good-sized tub – yes!
Breakfast every morning was wonderful (waffles were perfection). We were lucky to have Amanda as our server almost every morning. She was extremely attentive, remembered what we liked and had great recommendations on menu items and also things to do.
The spa was fantastic with so many great services to choose from(I had the hand and foot rejuvenation which was very relaxing – thanks Aisha.) If you get a service you can use the spa alllll day – it had its own pool, a couple of whirlpools, steam room, etc., etc. Lots of fruits and teas to enjoy. People were curled up with books and reading… a nice oasis to be sure. (they have discounts on certain afternoons so be sure to take advantage of that if you can.)
The spa concierge Lauren was lovely and so extremely helpful – she went above and beyond and that really made the spa a memorable experience.
One small drawback at the end of the day: the person handling my spa charges told me he was going to add a 20% gratuity to my bill “with your permission of course” or something like that. I don’t think he had even told me the total of my charges yet, which would have been the customary thing to do. I was insulted by how he handled it, and saying it louder than he needed to, in my opinion; was he insinuating that I might not have left a tip otherwise? This was completely at odds with the overwhelming professionalism I experienced at every other point in my stay. That was my only negative comment about my stay.
The outdoor bar/café was quite pleasant with its buffalo wings and daiquiris, and its “sunbathing” egrets, etc. (A lot of guys I saw were having a great time golfing, by the way, if golf is your thing.)
When I thought I might need to take the hotel shuttle to Universal Studios at the last minute, the front desk and concierge were very accommodating and hustled to get us space on the shuttle before it left (you are supposed to reserve 24 hours in advance as space books up!). I ended up driving but they were really life-savers in the event I did not have transportation.
I have stayed at some Disney resorts and also at the Orlando World Marriott in the past, but I had a great time at the Ritz Carlton and hope to get back there again as soon as I can!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Belle349
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great hotel, great service, great golf course and just a great place for a quick getaway and play golf!!! This was my first time staying at any Ritz and I can tell you that I will be looking for other Ritz's around the world. The price is well worth it and the employees have a nack for paying attention to details, such as remembering who you are. Will definitely recommend and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jblackburn
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Amazing hotel. Ritz-Carlton never disappoints, service was phenomenal. Will be back for sure!!! The hotel had a wonderful view of the grande lakes!! Jose are IRD server was so nice and professional. Matthew at the FD was so welcoming when he checked us in. Camille at the FD was kind enough to extend us one more nigh in the same rate even though they were busy it was worth the room move. Awesome experience!!!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Qassar
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was my first time staying at any Ritz and I can tell you, I WILL be returning. The customer service was OUTSTANDING! We were offered ice cold water upon arrival and we lacked for absolutely nothing. Our view was beautiful, the staff was friendly and incredibly helpful, and our room was very comfortable.
Check out was simply us leaving our room to come downstairs to our car fully packed and ready to go. The entire staff answered all of our questions and even brought me sunscreen!
The grounds of the hotel are very beautiful. We walked around in the late evening and found hammocks and a gorgeous boardwalk that had chairs and fire roasting pits. The fountains made for gorgeous photos and we have memories that will last a lifetime.
I highly, highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Every room is a great room here.