“Skip the theme park hotels!”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #24 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 30, 2013

After a long day at the theme parks, it is fantastic to be able to step into the Ritz for well-deserved pampering. We took advantage of the Tuesday discounts at the spa and were indulged with the most relaxing massages ever. There are so many wonderful dining options including those at the JW Marriott next door that we never tired of the choices...we ate at a different restaurant for lunch and dinner every day. The pasta at Primo's was outstanding, the girls loved the Afternoon Tea in the Lounge and the guys loved the golfing. Bedding is luxurious, rooms are well appointed and maintained. This is THE place to stay in the Orlando area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jean D

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I went to this hotel for a 3 night/2 day getaway for some relaxation and self indulgence (I'm pregnant, work too hard and am often a single mom when my husband travels for weeks at a time- for some reason I felt I had to explain:)) before meeting my husband and 3 year old son for 5 days at Disney. I chose the Ritz because I wanted a very nice hotel and a relaxing spa experience. I have been to many spas over the years- from the ultra luxurious Canyon Ranch- Lenox & Miami, Chateu Elan, Enchantment, and then I have also really enjoyed the more rustic adventure style spas- Body & Soul Adventures, Bikini Boot Camp etc etc.
With all that said, I was a little disappointed with my spa experience at this hotel. What makes a spa experience amazing are the little things...many of which this one missed. You want to be able to go into "spa mode" and eat healthy, walk around in your work out clothes/or bathrobe, not see a lot of non-spa people, feel warm and cozy as you go from treatment to sauna and back for another treatment.
Pros
Room was very clean and well appointed.
Very friendly staff
Had a great mani-pedi
The gym was very nice and well equipped
The spa restaurant was good
Good massage and facial (nothing spectacular though)

Cons
My room was on the other side of the property from the Spa. I had to walk through the main lobby and then traverse confusing conference room hallways and then walk outside (rain or shine). I was there on the weekend, but I can imagine walking through crowds of business people would have been a little uncomfortable.
The spa restaurant was only open for lunch. I really wanted to eat healthy spa food all 3 meals!! They should at least put a few spa options on the room-service menu.
The spa water area was very lacking- a tiny whole in the ground Jacuzzi, a tsunami shower and a small sauna.
The dressing room and lounge areas were pretty cold with the A/C going in January. After treatments you tend to be semi-wet and semi- naked, so the spa should be warm!
The room was a reasonable price for a Ritz- but they get you everyone else. At breakfast they fill up your glass with orange juice without asking and then charge you $4...a little thing, but it seemed to be the flavor. I needed a taxi when I left they only had town cars...
Roomservice was fast and yummy, but with tax, tip, and room service charges each meal hit $50 easy.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank amiguinho
Reviewed January 28, 2013

When you turn into the estate and see the beautifully manicured grounds and the pristine golf course you know you are somewhere very special. As the wonderful door staff greet you, and the friendly efficient reception team do likewise, these thoughts are confirmed. Our room was beautiful, overlooking the 18th. fairway and the pool, and every where we went in the hotel, the service, facilties and amenities were outstanding. This is a large hotel, beautifully designed and furnished, but somehow the management have achieved a team giving the best service and attention with just the right element of informality - making you feel absolutely at home. The bed was so comfortable, as indeed were the loungers by the pool, and the new range of room amenities were so pampering. We used the Club facilities, again absolutely wonderful in every respect. To finish our stay, when our flight home was delayed, we were allowed to continue usage of our room until 3pm even though the hotel was clearly very busy.
This is unquestionably one of the finest hotels we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chunkyunky
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a great location to Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida! Great golf course! Service was very good! This is a large hotel and the spa is in another building! Make sure to try the buffet breakfast it is delicious! The bottled water that they gave us was horrible! The business services Center is very pricey! This is a very clean hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We visited the RCGL in Orlando for one night. It was a quick trip for work coupled with an afternoon/evening at Disney. Admittedly we didn't spend a lot of time at the resort. With any Ritz, you know what you are signing up for- solid service, spacious room, nice surroundings etc. This hotel was all of the above. It seems to draw a big conference/convention crowd given all the meeting space and proximity to the convention Center. Most folks we saw there were on work travel. Our interactions with the staff were very good. Everyone was exceedingly helpful. Our room was lovely, a typical Ritz room spacious with a nice bathroom. We had one meal at the hotel- breakfast- which was good. Prompt, friendly service and the food was delicious. While we drove to the resort we had car service to and from the parks organised for us through the hotel. Both drivers were very prompt and curteous. We would utilise this service again for sure. It made arrival and departure from the park streamlined and simple.

We would return again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Very nice hotel but my family and I were hoping to experience their legendary customer service. Better than your average hotel but it was nothing to call home about. They did have plenty of opportunities to wow us... but they didn't. Main opportunity was at the New Years lobster bake dinner party, service was average at best.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank theross
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I think this was my first stay at a Ritz and it was everything I expected. The lobby and public areas are really stunning yet comfortable and stylish. Service was friendly and helpful. The lobby bar is welcoming and low-key, and serves some great small bites/snacks. My king room was quite spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom was huge, with a jet tub, glass shower, and large vanity.

Overall a lovely stay!