WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Little Neck, New York
“Love the Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Our stay at the Ritz was outstanding. We had a nice room overlooking the pool and golf course. The room was
well appointed. The bathroom had double sinks and was decorated in marble. The staff was very professional and friendly. I had a hot stone massage at the spa. It was incredible. Natalie was my massage therapist and she was excellent. The spa was so relaxing and beautiful. Could have spent the whole day there. The rooms have balconies so you can sit and enjoy the experience. We love this hotel and would definitely come back. My only complaint is that they charge for wi-fi.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ryost44

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

This property is as exceptional as any other Ritz Carlton property. My wife and I decided to attend the New Years Eve Gala instead of a cruise which is our norm. WHAT A MISTAKE.
The Gala was held in a large ballroom. Attended by a small crowd. It appeared from the many empty tables the year we chose to attend was a bust. It might of been a better choice to use half the room. maybe then we wouldn't of felt like we attended a wedding no one came to. The band had no idea what to play country, heavy medal, show tunes !!!!!! how about music to dance to. At any one time we never counted more than 8 to 10 couples on the dance floor. With the one exception when they played a slow song about one hour into the evening. The food stations service and drinks were all 5 star and would surely exceed your expectations. By 11pm we couldn't take it anymore and left. we went next door to the JW Marriott to have a drink in the lobby bar. WOW what a difference. it saved our New Years Eve and it was free. The band was great. all ages young and old danced almost every song. at midnight everyone went outside to see an awesome fireworks display. the next day I called the Ritz Carlton to share our experience. I explained we were well traveled, were both Marriott platinum members and Hilton diamond members. I also shared that between 2 nights lodging and the gala admission for 2 we spend over $1,000.00. the manager was very nice. almost to nice for what we endured. I asked that my comments be passed on and left my phone number once my issue was reviewed. Two weeks later no acknowledgement This is not a gala event or even an upscale party. we really felt bad for the few couples in attendance under 50 can't imagine what they were thinking after the band played a non danceable Carlos Santana song for 10 minutes then followed by the electric slide. Hope this honest review helps anyone thinking of attending this event in the future

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank webpro11
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Central located near Disney World and International drive this hotel is a perfect place to stay in Orlando.
The property is really beautiful with a golf course and very beautiful lakes.
The staff is very nice and attentive and many know your name, from the front desk to the restaurants.
The rooms are well decorated and have a balcony, many of them with lake view.Bathrooms are spacious with separate shower and with all necessary toiletries. Turn down service is impecable.
They also provide complimentary shoe shine.
Breakfast is average with all the usual things but not really impressive.
Doormen and vallet parking offer very good service.
Concierge are excellent ,they do everything possible to please you.
Very beautiful pool facing the lakes with excellent service.
Price ,not cheap ! but a very good choice in Orlando.

Room Tip: Choose a room with frontal view of the lakes.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank isabel a
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed last minute and found an unbelievably low rate. We were upgraded to a more expensive room with a better view upon arrival--without asking an at no extra cost. We had our three-year old and upon returning to our room the second evening there was a package for us with an adorable embellished t-shirt and stuffed animal, and a thoughtful note from the front desk (making sure I had all I needed being 6 months pregnant) Their service can't be beat--from knowing your name and providing eye contact when spoken to, to the wonderfully appointed rooms--this hotel is wonderful. It was our second stay and you can bet we will always stay there whenever we return to Orlando. We stayed at 4 other hotels on our 2-week vacation, some twice the cost in Naples, and this was our favorite.

Oh, and for kids, you can walk right next door to their joining sister hotel and enjoy the best lazy river feature at its amazing lagoon-style pool! It is like an upscale mini water park.

• Stayed January 2013
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

From the moment I checked in, the service I received at the Ritz-Carlton Orlando was nothing short of exquisite. Let's get down to the details.

Pros
The Service!!! To a person, the staff at the Ritz met and exceeded every expectation a picky girl like me could have. I arrived at 10 am on a Sunday--just as a large set of guests was leaving. I was extremely sick and had actually lost my voice. Stephanie at the front desk shifted many things around and made sure I got into a room ASAP even though check-in isn't technically until 3 pm. She even bought me a cup of tea while I waited. The service just got better from there. When I ordered room service (chicken soup and sorbet), the kitchen staff could tell I was sick and sent up some ginger ale and crackers to help soothe my stomach. In the evening, a big tray of tea and cookies was sent to my room to aid in my recovery. When I checked a plastic bag of shoes at the bell stand, they shined the shoes without asking. A maintenance man saw me taking pictures of the property and took time out of his day to take my picture in various places. The list goes on and on. I have stayed at several top notch properties around the world--Amans, Four Seasons, etc. They really set the gold standard for service here. Everyone I encountered worked to anticipate and meet any needs I could possibly have, and they succeeded wildly.

The room: The room was fairly spacious, and pleasantly decorated in a neutral palette that one would recognize as a typical Ritz. There was a nice balcony for sitting out and enjoying the weather, and a comfortable chaise. The bathroom was quite swish with marble floors, and a separate shower and tub.

Cons
I didn't run into anything significant during my stay, but if I had to nitpick, here's what I'd say.

The soundproofing: There were a couple times when I could hear people outside the room/in the adjacent room.

The food: My chicken soup was quite salty.

Room Tip: Some colleagues had rooms overlooking the pool and those looked quite nice, but the layout of the st...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank PandaPal
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

For the second year in a row my daughter and I have had a blast here for her birthday. The hotel is totally luxurious and the rooms are beautifully appointed. There are all of the trappings of a great resort experience; fun activities, lovely setting, tasty room service, great pool and doting service. There is a lot of attention to comfortable details, such as drinks on arrival. We also enjoyed having access to the JW Marriott next-door and its fun lazy river. The location is great for a weekend of enjoying discovery cove and sea world, in fact we didn't even have to rent a car, there were always cars waiting out front of the ritz which made getting around effortless. Finally, the caring staff really went above and beyond - executing a dramatic rescue of my daughters beloved stuffed animal that got mixed up in the laundry.

Room Tip: A room facing the pool and lake is preferable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank heatherontheroad
Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at many Ritz Carltons and this is simply the best. We were married at this hotel and try to visit at least twice a year. The staff is SO professional and we have received such excellent service that we have written to the GM on 3 occasions to single out how great our experience was.

The spa is the best Ritz spa in the continental US. It is its own 3-story building with an enormous private pool area. The cabanas at the spa pool are by far the best cabanas at the resort, I highly recommend them for couples.

They are expensive but the executive suites are wonderful, they have a great view of the pools and lake, and they are very spacious.

Norman's is a very nice restaurant, but my wife and I prefer Primo which is on the Grande Lakes property at the JW Marriott.

If you are coming to Orlando and are ok spending a little money (also they have some great deals here during the summer and in between Thanksgiving and Xmas) then this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Executive Suites are GREAT, and try to get the room package that has breakfast and resort credit, be...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple