The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
$91
$77
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$154
$225
$202
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$493
$313
Orbitz.com
3,047 results
All reviewsvineyard grillhighball harvestjw marriott next doorlobby loungespa poolclub levelkids clublazy riverturn down servicebeautiful propertyluxury hotelpool stafffour seasonsfitness centerself parkupon checkgreat pool
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Having spent months preparing and planning for this vacation I am pleased to say that the Ritz Carlton Orlando does not disappoint!
We arrived at the hotel at about 2pm and were greeted by a very friendly Concierge. I had heard that champagne is served at check-in, but unfortunately it was not offered to us. I later found out that the champagne is normally offered on weekends. Obviously the lack of champagne did not mar my check in experience!
We had booked an Executive Suite, and were assigned to suite 832 (2 double beds). The suite was lovely - it was in excellent condition with modern decor and 2 balconies. We had asked ahead of time for a fridge and it was in the suite waiting for us. If there was one thing that surprised me, it was this fridge - it was mock stainless steel and looked pretty beat up. I thought the Ritz could do a little better? In any case, this was just an observation and it didn't matter all that much.
The beds are super comfortable - the linens are crisp and fresh. The highlight of the whole suite was definitely the bathroom! It was HUGE. I saw the bathrooms in the king executive suites and they are about a 1/4 of the size. The entire bathroom is marble, well lit and total luxury. The bathroom amenities are Frette towels and Bvlgari toiletries. The turn down service was lovely, with Ritz slippers laid out beside the bed each evening and a note from the housekeeper with the weather forecast and a wish for us to sleep well.
We used the Valet Parking and did not have to wait long for our vehicle - they made sure we were ready to go within a few minutes. Bottled water was offered to us every time we were waiting.
The pool attendants were great - our chairs were set up every day with towels and pillows. We had lunch by the pool several times and the service by the staff from Bleu was excellent (and so was the food!)
The property is close enough to the Disney parks, but far enough away from the craziness!
Every single staff we encountered went out of their way to address us by name and make us feel welcome.
I have to mention a particular staff person by name. ERIC SWINARSKI at the Concierge/Front Desk went above and beyond to ensure that we were completely satisfied with our accomodations. Eric is a consumate professional and went out of his way for us on several occasions. The Ritz Carlton should be very proud of it's employees.
There is no doubt in my mind that I will be a Ritz Carlton customer for a very long time - I will look for opportunities to stay at a Ritz whenever possible.
I can't wait until our next visit to the Ritz Carlton Orlando!

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms at the Ritz!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for work and it was delightful! The rooms are immaculate and very nice. Wonderful beds, no noise. The service is impeccable. The bar downstairs is pretty pricey, but it is the Ritz. I would stay again if I had the opportunity. The only thing I disliked was the fact that they do not have free internet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wanderlust3483
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This is the second Ritz I have been to and I promise it doesn't disappoint. This in my opinion is the best Orlando property! I have tried Bonnet Creek Waldorf/Hilton and there is NO comparrison! Ok and Marriot Platinums.....here we go
- Beautiful Welcome Gifts and access to the fabulous club lounge now you must remember that as a resort property they DO NOT have to give you access to the lounge but they do. Also, we were comped for breakfast brunch at the fantastic Vineyard Grill. When you enter the lounge you must ask for Trish ( the most fantastic staff member). We now have made this our Orlando must every year. We love this property....thank you Ritz!! The attention to detail is immaculate!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Firstly, this is an exceptional resort with an amazing hard working staff. I must say this is one of my best experiences with a hotel staff. They go out of their way to assist you.

Price: getting the best deal isn't that hard. You just need to figure out what package you will really use. To start simply go to the Ritz website or call in. We selected a "stay 4 nights, get one free" package. Why? (as opposed to others) - this package also gave us 3 things we would normally have paid for - free internet for 3 devices (worth$30 a day), free parking (worth $20 a day) and free daily breakfast (worth around $70 a day for 2 people). That's a savings of $480 in 4 days.

Sunday TIP: if you can book in for their legendary BRUNCH. Very good!!

Upgrades: If you speak really nicely to the front desk they may upgrade you to a better room with a better view. Standard room is just fine. But, I wouldn't make the big jump to a suite (going fro $200 a night to $600). Spend your money on 2 other things:

a) if you want to spoil yourself by the pool --$200 a day gets you a very nice cabana with a TV by the pool.

TIP: if you spend $200 in food and rinks the fee is waived ;)

b) Spa. Ok, this is one of the best spa's around. It's very expensive and worth it. Again, if you ask the front desk, they may give you a $25-50 credit to use. Note: an 80min massage does cost $206.

Cons:
Not many. But i did have 2 issues with the resort:

1. Internet - the internet does not extend to the pool. I check many times. That's really annoying if you like to surf with your ipad, etc...

2. Gym - the gym is great. But! you cannot use the change rooms. I thought this was very odd. You can use the change rooms IF you book a spa appointment or pay $30 to use the change rooms (and other spa facilities). So, note to Ritz staff - i think guests should be able to simply change to use the gym.

If you like to shop i suggest you take the short drive to the Outlet Mall close buy.....they have some great stores like Prada ...and when do you ever see Prada on sale?

Enjoy! This resort is beautiful.

Room Tip: See comments in my write up - there are some great deals to be had.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My three day stay here was one of my best hotel experiences ever. The attention to detail by the staff is apparent and reflects in service quality and physical appearance of the roons and all of the hotel grounds and facilities.

While the stay was on the costly side, you were not "nickle and dimed" for the many amenities such as bottled water in the rooms. The room was also generously stocked with personal comfort items such as quality soaps and shampoos, grooming items and a bathrobe and slippers. Housekeeping tended the room twice daily and did a great job.

You will pay a bit more for a stay here but the added value in quality is obvious.

• Stayed: August 2012