“Absolute satisfaction”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #24 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 14, 2012

part of a group there last May. excellent service, very kind staff, comfortable and deluxe rooms, delicious restaurants. If you search for quality accomodation & deluxe atmosphere, sure you must stay at this hotel. Recommend absolutely

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Danos941

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Had a great time at the Ritz, was my first time ever at one. The staff is overly polite and helpfull, anything you need - you get. Hotel has a nice pool area and a very good gym at no extra charge. There are a few different restaurants in the hotel. Prices are high but you can get a good meal for a decent price. Was surprised how large the portions were. Hotel is connected to a large JW Marriot. That hotel has an excellent pool area for kids that can be used by Ritz guests. You can also use the Starbucks there and their Bodega shop to get a salad or hot sandwich to go.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AU-GNV-FL
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We have recently spent 5 nights at the Ritz-Carlton Grand Lakes hotel in Orlando using 2 lake-front rooms for my family. This was our 4th stay in 4 years in that hotel, and it is each time a great pleasure to be back. We have been in many hotels in Florida (including in other Ritz-Carlton hotels), but this is clearly to us the best hotel in Florida. The service is really great, the staff is always friendly and helpful, the resort is really nice and always very clean, the pool is quite enjoyable, the fitness room is very well equiped, and the restaurants are quite good (even though the wines and some dishes are a bit over-priced). The resort is very well located (close to all main activities in Orlando), reasonably priced (the prices of the rooms are quite reasonable compared to other places in Florida) and the nearby golf course is also quite OK. All in all, this is really a very good resort, and I would strongly recommend to all my friends. We have been there already 4 times, and we will surely go back again.

Room Tip: Take a front-lake room. The other rooms with a view on the city / parking lot are less enjoyable.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Benoit999
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Me and my dad went to the Ritz after a trip back from Key Largo. It was are last destination on our Florida trip and I was very excited. The hotel was amazing and stunning, but the only problem was the staff/service. When we first arrived at the hotel a driver(from the hotel) asked my dad if he could take his keys while my father checked in. My father said no stating that he was not comfortable giving his keys to a stranger. He then demanded that my dad give him the keys and my dad had no choice but to do so. When we arrived to our room it was beautiful! the furnishings were wonderful and we had balcony where at night you could see the fireworks from disneyworld at night. We went to the pool after we got settled in and it was great. After that we ordered room service, which was also great, and headed off to sleep. The next day we went next door to the JW Mariott to swim. I have to say that that hotel is a little bit more kid friendly then the Ritz. For dinner we ate at the poolside cafe back at the Ritz. Once again the food was great but one of the waiters kept giving me a snobby look, like as if i didn't belong at "his" hotel. That ruined the mood for me and we went back to swiming. I would reccomend this hotel for people who are traveling without kids.

Room Tip: I'd advise to get the rooms overlooking the pool area. They are around $100 more but they have a...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My first time at the Ritz Carlton Grand Lakes and it was as beautiful of an experience as one could imagine. This was a last-minute girls’ getaway so I didn't even make time to read the TA reviews. But knowing the level of service and attention at other Ritz Carlton properties I had no qualms to call this home for the weekend.
I used the self parking at $18 a day and I would do it again on future visits. The walk from the lobby to the lot was not inconvenient as I only had an overnight bag, which the bellman offered to hold for me while I parked. Upon walking into the lobby it immediately reminded me of another property located just a short drive away for 1/2 the price...same lobby design and furnishings. However, that is where the comparisons ended.
Most people visiting Orlando rent cars and I highly encourage it as Grand Lakes is off to itself. The property is not far from the bustling attractions of the convention center, I-Drive/Pointe Orlando, Sand Lake/Restaurant Row and outlet shopping.
Only had time to relax by the pool area for an hour or two, but the pool staff was very accommodating. There were many families with small children but not overwhelmingly so. I did not notice a poolside bar or restaurant.
On the final morning we ordered room service. A $60 breakfast for two -- about what I’d expect after the 22% service charge, fees, taxes, etc and it was delicious. Also had the pleasure of enjoying the tasting menu at Norman's...by far the best meal of our trip.
I have other Orlando hotels that I'd choose first, but if I'm planning a romantic getaway or celebrating a special occasion -- and a splurge is within the budge -- I will definitely return.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2012

After 4 nights here I have to sayit s one of the best ever. The executive suite is fantastic as are the facilities. Golf here is great and not over priced.
Warm pool with great service in all departments.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank lt872
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed here for 7 days with my wife and 2 children, ages 4 and 2. The place is absolutely gorgeous. If you want to stay off Disney property I can't imagine a better place. It's only 10 miles from Disney world and down the street from sea world. Universal is about 7 miles away. The buffet breakfast was amazing. Every staff member was extremely polite and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2012