“Amazing hotel... Gorgeous”

The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #24 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful hotel for three nights (i wish i could've stayed longer!) as soon as you check in you feel like you are in a palace. from the marble floors and the flavored water in the lobby, to the beautiful room and superb sheets, you can't go wrong at the Ritz-Carlton. The grounds are especially beautiful here. golf courses around the property and just a beautiful place to be. We stayed on the club level (A GREAT splurge for special occasions) and you're greeted by the pleasant concierge and given the key(s) to your room. the food here in the club is great. you can literally just have lunch in the club if you are staying at the hotel. and breakfast is great as well. the only meal you really need to get is dinner. and the rooms are beautifully decorated (and VERY VERY clean i might add!) with a very comfortable bed and sheets. there is a lovely pool and spa and fitness center. overall this is a GREAT hotel. I can't wait to go back soon!!

Room Tip: if you can, definitely get a club room. its expensive, but TOTALLY worth it!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank treetree23

Reviewed July 15, 2012

The Ritz Carlton delivers again at this beautiful location. The superlative service begins as you drive up to the valet who cheerfully opens your door and transports your luggage. As you pass a gorgeous, unique cymbidium orchid display in the spectacular entry and lobby, the front desk offers you champagne or bottled water while you are checking in.
Off to your room you go...special treats and a personalized greeting await you in the entryway to your room. The room is quite spacious and well-appointed with upscale contemporary decor and furnishings. There are plenty of outlets for technology. The bedding and towels are luxurious; the bed was incredibly comfortable. The pillows are among the best I have ever used, including my own home. The bath is particularly large and well-designed with a separate bath and shower, two sinks, and tons of goodies. There is a lighted magnifying mirror, hair dryer, and a robe with slippers. Turn down service, complete with lots of chocolates, is offered.
We ate in Normans, the Vineyard Grill, Bleu, and at Primo in the adjacent JW Marriott. We enjoyed Bleu the best, strangely enough since it is outdoor and probably the least expensive place we ate. The service in all the restaurants is impeccable yet unobtrusive. The food everywhere is good with generous portions. We never felt rushed in any of the dining locations.
The most commonly used response to a request throughout the hotel property is "absolutely!" This does not vary, whether you are speaking to a valet, server, maid, clerk, or manager.
We could not have asked for more. We will return to this hotel. It offers some fairly reasonably priced packages that include the room, brunch in the Vineyard Grill, with $50 hotel credit that can be used in most locations around the hotel, including the Spa, many shops, and just about all the restaurants.
This hotel is well-located to Sea World and Discovery Cove, but it is certainly not the closest hotel to the Disney properties. There were, however, many (well-behaved!) children at the Ritz-Carlton, and there is a stunning pool and separate playground for children.
I have read through some of the other reviews and found several to be very picky and critical. Apparently some people are extraordinarily demanding and perhaps never satisfied.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Patricia316
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Recently stayed here for a quick golf getaway with a friend! The service was quick and efficient - from the valet parking to the check-in to the servers in the restaurants! I had a spacious room with a beautiful view of the pool and golf course beyond. The king sized bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and spacious (I loved the separate shower). The breakfast buffet was plentiful and fresh! Lunch in the lobby restaurant was delicious! All staff encountered during my stay were polite and helpful.
The Greg Norman designed golf course was spectacular! Lots of sand and water! Thoroughly enjoyed the round played!
The resort is about 10 minutes from the outlet mall and there are plenty of great restaurant choices for dinner nearby!
I can highly recommend this property! I am looking forward to taking my family back with me next time!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ONskigirl
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I found this Hotel through the Fodor's travel books, it was everything thing they said it would be. It had all the grandeur of the Grand Floridian with the attentiveness of your favorite bed and breakfast. It was our first time to not stay at a Disney property while taking a Disney trip and it was by far the best trip yet. Also my husband had forgotten his laptop cord in the room and they graciously mailed it to us the next day at no charge. I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Shelana L
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed at the Ritz for 10 nights and had a wonderful time. The staff are so friendly and helpful, even when the hotel got busy for the 4 July celebrations the service was still excellent.

We didn't hire a car for our holiday, I strongly recommend you do as it cost us a fortune in taxis.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the golf course and had great views of the lake
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 4daughters_12
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I spent my vacation at the RC, and while there are many delightful things about this property, I was dismayed at how many things were not right. If my room had not been a Club Level suite, I wouldn't give this property another chance. It made all the difference.

First, Darryl the Doorman/Porter is wonderful. He schlepped my luggage all over the hotel while I visited several rooms before getting the right one. When I asked to see several rooms, there was not a hesitation at all at the Club Level check in. Nicole at the Club Lounge is outstanding and patient and professional and responded to all my requests with respect and attentiveness. In fact all the Club Lounge staff, Tina, Zac, Jason and Kelly were absolutely wonderful and no need went unmet. The lounge offers food throughout the day and it is all delicious and varied. It was wonderful to sit on the balcony and enjoy the view while munching on scruptious goodies. James is also a terrific Concierge at the main desk and I recommend you ask specifically to speak with him if you want something. My suite overlooked the lake and the 2 balconies were great. However, the window pull and the window itself needed repair while I was there (which was taken care of efficiently). The bathroom was terrific and the living room is well appointed. The bedding is comfortable.

Housekeeping is the weak link at this property. I requested housekeeping at noon and turn down at 7pm and only on one day did that actually happen. Make sure you are crystal clear with your requests to housekeeping or they will not be completed. Ask often enough and clearly enough and things get done, but that is not good enough for a RC. I requested a specific type of flower arrangement, and on the first try it was wrong. It took 2 tries before it was acceptable. The spa is ok; I think the staff needs additional training, but the pool is adults only and I spent every day there. Make sure you double check on your treatment reservations though. The spa pool staff is also attentive and I was never without cold water without asking. One day however, there were no attendants at the spa pool.

The property is isolated but I could see (not hear) the fireworks at Epcot. This property is not near anything Disney, which is exactly what I was looking for. This is not the type of super luxury you would expect and receive in Europe, but I know the GM wants to make this property better (because he and I talked about it). I asked to speak with Mr. McGavin, the GM, before I left the hotel and that could not be arranged, but we did speak by phone several days later and he was interested in feedback. If you have something to say, I would encourage you to ask for a Manager. They will be ready to meet with you. As far as non-Disney luxury in Orlando goes, this is probably your best bet.

Room Tip: Get a club level room. Really.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Nice place to stay in Orlando. Rooms clean but dbl beds instead of Queen size make it less comfortable. Lovely grounds and great kids activities and impressive spa with 55 rooms. However spa therapist useless with freezing knobly hands that were cold to the touch the whole massage. Nice breakfast but could get better Salmon. Nice clean Semi luxurious place to stay in Orlando

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family