The Ritz-Carlton Orlando, Grande Lakes
$91
$86
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$202
$127
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$154
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$325
$303
Orbitz.com
3,047 results
All reviewsvineyard grillhighball harvestjw marriott next doorlobby loungespa poolclub levelkids clublazy riverturn down servicebeautiful propertyluxury hotelpool stafffour seasonsfitness centerself parkupon checkgreat pool
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This was my first trip to Orlando where I did not stay at a hotel that was on Disney. I have to say that it was nice to not have the craziness everywhere. The hotel was spotless! The people were spot on and very genuine. My favorite spot was the taking my boys fishing and catching a 9 lbs bass. The kids won't forget that! I can highly recommend this this hotel for any trips to Orlando. Great spotT

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the lakes. The garden views are not that attractive.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ashton27
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The name suggests it all: it's a five star, upmarket hotel that promises to deliver nothing but the best. The rooms are spacious, elegant, and not to mention, those oh-so-heavenly beds! Guests are provided with luxurious Bulgari toiletries and plush bath robes too. To top it all, the service was excellent!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We planned a last minute weekend vacation to orlando over christmas and were very fortuante to land an awesome deal at the ritz. The location was great, very close to all the theme parks and attractions. The property is beautiful, the rooms were luxurious, and the food was great. The staff, or should i say 'ladies and gentlemen' were very well informed of excellent service which truly made our stay special. They were very friendly and helpful. Be prepared to pay $24 per night for valet, and no free wifi. However its the ritz, what are u expecting? I highly recommend getting a package bc it is well worth it. Ours included daily breakfast and $50 per night resort credit that we used towards parking and a dinner. I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank Lysistrata79
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We've stayed at the Ritz once before as a conference guest so we were familiar with the exceptional treatment all Ritz staff give to guests. We were not expecting how wonderful they made us feel on the last day of our honeymoon. We stayed one night only as a last hurray before going home after 2 weeks away. As always the room was beautiful and clean. We noticed that the room decor had changed from our previous stay last September, I prefer these new blue tones over the old yellow but that's just my color preference.

We were quite surprised when we returned to the room after an excursion over to Disney to find not only a bottle of champagne but also a plate of chocolate strawberries and a note from the front desk. Now I know that every hotel has a generic congrats letter but not all of them bother and they certainly didn't have to give us the extras that they did.

The staffs caring carried over into the next morning when we had breakfast at the Vineyard Grill. We always get the breakfast buffet and are never disappointed. There is a wide variety of breads and pastries; as well as hot foods like breakfast potatoes, scrambled eggs, grits (with DIY cheese), and a made to order omelet station. Also if you don't eat pork or are just a fan of healthier breakfast meat you can order the chicken sausage and turkey bacon from your waiter. I would suggest ordering this right away; our only complaint is the kitchen is usually slow in getting this out. Again the staff was exceptional in their hospitality and genuine caring that it was our honeymoon. When both the chefs at the omelet station found out one of the chefs came out and gave us both the biggest hug we'd received since our wedding. I wish I had gotten their names but they both were very interested in what we had done in the previous 2 weeks, especially our cruise. The chefs were even nice enough to have the kitchen send us out a delicious chocolate dessert and more congrats from the staff.

This time around we did not get to use the pool but from past experience it is very nice. We were disappointed that they did not have the Arnold Palmer station in the lobby this time around. Valet staff was always prompt and knew exactly which one was ours every time even though we were only there one night.
We love this hotel and can’t recommend it enough. We know it’s pricey but it was our splurge and I’d definitely do it again. I can’t wait until this September when we visit again for his work conference.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We chose this hotel to be close to everything we needed, but removed enough from it all that when the throngs at the Disney parks, Universal, SeaWorld and even the airport were taxing our vacation good moods, we could step out of the vortex and recharge. Front desk, valet and food services staff was excellent ...and I almost never use that adjective. They were really that good!

The property is as you would expect of a Ritz -- deluxe --with lovely landscaped grounds, pool and public spaces and luxurious rooms. A free shuttle runs between Universal and SeaWorld, and you're quite close by Orlando standards to the airport if you, like us, have a group arriving and departing on different schedules, requiring multiple trips.

I've stayed at most of the high-end Disney properties, and a number of the big resorts in the Orlando area. This property is my new favorite, and comes highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family