“Great hotel very close to Universal.”

Drury Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #11 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Our family stayed 6 nights while visiting Universal and Seaworld. The room was quite spacious for teens and was very clean. The pool and hot tub were very nice. Good breakfast, as well as evening food. The kids loved the free soda and popcorn. Very easy to get to Universal by driving or using the free shuttle services. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again for the great value.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Holly H
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Orlando

Reviewed September 2, 2014

I gave this hotel a 4 only because I was not there very long. But the hotel seems very nice and the staff was very friendly and accommodating and I stayed at this hotel because it was pet friendly which worked out very well for me and my wife and our dog.We stayed overnight because we had a dog event in Orlando and I wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the facilities of the hotel which would have given me the opportunity to judge the hotel better but from what I saw in the short time I was there I think this hotel and staff deserve at least a 4. If I need a hotel in Orlando in this area I will definitely pick this hotel again.I hope everyone finds this review helpful.

• Stayed: September 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed just one night at the Drury Inn and Suites in Orlando, but it made me want to stay more! The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was so comfortable that I slept better than at home! The "kickback" happy hour was great, although we had to leave to attend a wedding at the time it started, so we barely had time to enjoy it. The breakfast was really good, with a lot of hot choices, and cold ones also. The staff was all so friendly and welcoming. I highly recommend this hotel!!!!

Room Tip: We had a quiet room in a secluded "cul de sac" and loved it.
  • Stayed: September 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We bought the Universal Package for this part of our stay in Orlando. The Drury was clean, fresh, and quiet ( impressive as it is right next to the highway and I hardly heard a noise in 3 nights). Beds are comfy, bathroom are nice, new and clean with great water pressure. The front desk staff were very friendly. Breakfast selection was limited but was quite good. The folks that work the Universal desk in the lobby were excellent, friendly and extremely helpful. I am so glad I took all their advice. Bartender was fun, the early evening snacks were convenient and the kids really liked them. The only downside of this hotel is the scheduled to and fro transportation to Universal Parks is quite limited and I found that taxi service they contract to was quite expensive compared to taking regular city metered cabs. Outside of the transportation inconveniences, the hotel was a really nice play to stay for the price and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room away from the elevator on the 6th floor facing the highway- it was very nice and quiet...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Vicky P
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed here for a trip to Universal Studios in Nov 2013 (5 days). This hotel is very close to the parks, and we loved it! It's not "chic" or "trendy" - but it's a clean room, offers a great breakfast in the morning, and has a shuttle to/from the local parks. The concierge was REALLY helpful as well, and gave us great ideas and deals on things to do. They also hosted a happy hour every night which was a nice touch - we really enjoyed our stay here and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Orlando!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissGypsy2012
Reviewed September 2, 2014

wow i stayed in that hotel for 4 nights and i was very happy free hot breakfast and dinner big inside and outside pool and free fast wifi and free parking and a bus to most parks in orlando all for free.
nice staff and helpful .
free nice gym.
nice room and nice view of orlando next to i4 gas is right there .
pick this hotel you love it trust me

Room Tip: the highst floor are nicer
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank isaacvarsanovisrael
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Great hotel! Enjoyed 5 nights during spring break of 2014. Breakfast and dinner included, great, spacious suite, great location to everything and all for a great price! One day we left late to activities , and housekeeping missed to clean our room, we didn't get charged for that night without even asking about that. Great experience at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014