“Great Hotel and Stay”

Ranked #8 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Miami
“Great Hotel and Stay”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

The hotel is superb and the location perfect. The rooms are big and the beds are super comfy. great family hotel. It is my third time there and I hope that I return soon. Sometimes the hotel is a little pricier, but it is worth it.

3 Thank ale1974

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Perfect location for Disney, Seaworld and Universal. A great discount for Canadian residents! Great perks including the breakfast, the kick-back food with 3 free adult beverages per day, popcorn and pop. FREE 15 minutes per day long distance to Canada which came in handy! Check in and check out was a breeze. Receipt is even emailed to you the morning you check out! ALL the staff we dealt with during our stay were very friendly and very helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. This hotel is a Universal Partner, so there is a booth in the lobby to buy all your attraction tickets. During the kick back event in the evenings, there was always a manager floating around chatting with guests and helping to clean tables. Very easy to find our way to the hotel from the airport in Orlando. I wanted to take the bed and the pillows home with me they were so comfortable! Very clean and the housekeeping staff was super friendly and was always asking if we needed anything. Frist time visiting Florida, and I know I will be back and staying at this hotel again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Christine R
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Second time staying here and still love it. We requested rooms by each other and higher floor. We for it. We went to the pool Saturday night and the spa had some hair floating in it. I went to front desk and asked them to please come remove it. With in 5 -10 min max the manager himself came out in his suit to clean the spa since maintenance person was busy else where. I like that,instead of making us wait longer for maintenance the manager of the hotel handled the issue himself. Kuddos hotel staff my family and I will return again on future visits.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank dressagejumpergirl
Toronto
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a newer property ideally suited for visiting Universal. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Buffet breakfast selection and quality was very good. The free evening kick-back meal, alcoholic drinks, popcorn, and soda is a great perk and a real money-saver. The pool deck area was also nice and the large whirlpool was excellent. You won't be disappointed with this property.

1 Thank RJRM
Sandoval
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Spent one day at Magic Kingdom, Universal and Sea World. This location is a great spot for Universal and Sea World...very easy to get to, just minutes. Exit out the back onto Turkey Lake and you are at either Sea World or Universal in minutes...no messing around on the Interstate. Disney was a little further away..but an easy drive. this hotel was great...they allowed us to check out a day early with no questions. the manager was very nice. he was visible each morning...straightening floor matts...picking up trash in the breakfast area...conversing with guests. he and I spoke...he has family from near where I live here in Southern Illinois and that was a fun conversation. Evening food, soda and breakfast was all great. Remember...this food is free...don't expect steak and potato...but for free it was fantastic. No complaints...front desk staff provided the easy directions we needed...there is a 7-11 on property...makes it easy to gas up and go. Stay here...you will not regret it.

Room Tip: we did not take advantage of pool...but it looked great. we were there for theme parks...not pools...
4 Thank ClickerM
Adel, Georgia
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was my first visit to a Drury Inn but it certainly won't be my last. This property was clean, that by itself makes the hotel a winner in my book but the good points don't stop there. I was traveling with four teenagers, and a little six pound dog, and there were positive things about the hotel for all of them! First thing I need to say is one of the most important to me, this property is clean. The lobby, the rooms, the breakfast area, it is all very clean. The parking lot is large and well lit, and again, clean. Even though they allow pets you will not find evidence of pets even in the area that is designated for pet walking. Keeping the property clean seems important to those in charge. The rooms are comfortable, the beds and bedding are inviting and will allow you to get some actual rest after running all over Orlando! The only thumbs down I had about the room is that the bathroom doesn't have locks. I guess it is to keep folks from locking themselves out of the bathroom but it was a little annoying. There is a nice pool, and a hot tub, half the pool being inside, half outside. Now for the perks, and why this is the best value for families....Drury inns has a logo that says, "where the extra's aren't extra", and that seems to be true. Many hotels offer decent breakfasts, as does Drury, but Drury goes that extra mile offering a meal in the afternoons as well. No you won't be getting steak, it will be more of the quickie meal stuff like mac and cheese, hot dogs, chicken tenders, pasta dishes, they also offered a nice soup for those of us not into quickie meals. This is a major money saving perk for those of us traveling with kids. With four teens along on this trip I could easily spend $40-$60 a night even when buying fast food type things, if you factor that in the room is a crazy buy! The dinning area is very nice as well, not just a bunch of tables, but tables and really nice round booths. I was very impressed with Drury and look forward to visiting other Drury Inn's in my travels. Oh, they also offer each room three alcoholic drinks in the evening for those of us who are interested. You just can't beat this hotel for value, and when you take in how nice the property is...staying at the Drury is a no brainer!

3 Thank Penny S
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I would definitely stay here again. This hotel offered a lot: free breakfast, evening snacks, hot tub, indoor/outdoor pool, small exercise room, and onsite tickets and tours desk. My room was on the freeway side; I could see the traffic, but I couldn't hear it; no noise at all. Conveniently located near Orlando highways, close to shopping and dining with in 10-15 minutes. The staff was friendly and courteous.