“Value for Money”

Drury Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #11 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights last week. We had paid just over £90 a night so wasn't sure what to expect.
We were not disappointed even though when we checked in on Saturday evening it seemed to be overrun with teenagers. ( There was a marching band or several staying they left on Sunday morning We skipped "kick back" that evening in the hope that it would be quieter for the rest of our visit. Luckily it was!
We were in a king size room on 5th floor a good view over Orlando. The breakfast was hot and plentiful, loved making our own waffles. The trainee general manager was very interested in how people were and made a point of talking to as many people in the dining room as he could.
The kick back was good and 3 free drinks too.
The room was clean and the power shower was very good.
There were no additional "resort" charges. The wireless internet was quick and easy to connect.
I needed some stamps to send a couple of cards and the young lady on reception didn't have enough but promised to get the right stamps and send the cards for me.
All in all a very good place to stay in Orlando.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrsHedgehog
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Orlando

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel! Allowed pets but you would never know they were here. Check in was easy. Breakfast is great with variation of hot items. Kickback is a great money saver and good food. One night was chicken strips (super good) next night was pasta. Even had soup.Great money saver. Pool is decent but nothing extravagant but enjoyable. Rooms spacious and love having a fridge and microwave. Kids love the free popcorn. In regards to needs they are comfortable but not a queen size. On 7th floor and enjoyed the fireworks from our room. Hotel is clean and the staff are wonderful and friendly. Team members walk around at meal times making sure your stay is enjoyable and answer and questions you may have. Can't wait to stay at a Drury again.

2  Thank Tanya P
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Had a booking for 7 days on vacation with my 8 year old in Orlando on our second day left early for universal and returned late at around 11 pm only to find out that the room was not cleaned,beds wer not made basically no housekeeping called the front desk to complain the guy said that we must how left the do not disturb sign out which we definitely did not. I asked I'd he had another room he said no and said he can send up clean sheets my daughter was fast asleep on the couch by now and I was so upset that I checked out immediately and went the staybridge suites at 12 pm. Not a happy experience the front deal guy did not even offer a free night or anything just said that it's not his fault as he only started his shift. I asked the lady at the reception for the GM's name and she reluctantly gave it to me after telling me that he is on vacation. After reading all the positive reviews I'm disappointed with the service or lack of it and I will not stay at drury hotels again. I know that the hotel was not full because I tried to book it over the internet before I checked out just to see if the guy at the front desk was telling the truth and he was not as I could book it online. Drury inn you lost a customer!

• Stayed: November 2013
18  Thank KANADAFAMILY
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

This is the best hotel I could ever stay at!!! I was traveling with the Arabia Mountain High School Band and we had a pool party at the pool area. The AMHS Emeralds invited me to the spa so I could talk to them. This hotel
is better than Travelodge.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Caslin B
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on business for ten days and was very pleased with the superior customer service I received each day. By day three the front desk greeted me by name. They provide a delicious breakfast every morning and a great "kick back" hour in the evenings. A perfect way to end a long day of intense training. Beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean with updated fixtures, hot showers and a nice big screen TV. All in all I have no complaints only compliments. Great job Drury. Looking forward to my next visit to Orlando.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms on top floors (7 or 8). They provide a good view to the city.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Drurys Inn and Suites 5th to 9th November. We had a really nice king room. 524. There was some traffic noise but not as bad as some are stating. The breakfast food was plentiful, the staff very friendly and could not do enough for you. I bought some smoked salmon from Publix for my breakfast for a change one morning and a member of staff took it away to open the packaging for me, then asked me what was I building, we had a laugh about that. The manager Robert is keen to know his guests and what their plans are for the day. There is free popcorn and soda from 3pm to 10pm. In the evening there is some food on offer, as are three alcoholic drinks. The location is really good just of the I-4. There are some really good restaurants on Sandlake Road, if you would like a change from what is on offer at the hotel. The pool area is clean and popular. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank travellerx2
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is honestly one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. The Beds were comfy, and the room was clean. I especially loved the floor to ceiling windows in our room. The Shampoo/Conditioner/Shower gel dispenser in the shower was really handy, since didn't have to struggle with the travel-sized bottles. The front desk attendants were very nice, and the free breakfast and dinner was unbeatable! The dining experience made you feel very welcome. We didn't get a chance to use the pool, but the outdoor hot tub was nice, and the exercise room was well-equipped. I definitely know where I'm staying when I come to Orlando next.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family