“Clean, comfortable, and a great value”

Drury Inn & Suites Orlando
Ranked #10 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stay here when we visit Universal. Its a very new hotel and the value is tremendous. The rooms are really big, the free breakfast is actually fantastic, and they even have a free dinner with drinks. Adult beverages even! Combined with a great rewards program this is definitely our hotel of choice in the Orlando area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MaximusJourney

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This was our first stay at a Drury Inn. What a great hotel! The rooms were very nice and the staff was extremely friendly. The free hot breakfast and free snacks and drinks in the evenings were wonderful. We stayed for 4 nights, the beds were comfortable and the room set up was convenient. Would definetely stay again.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol M
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has everything! Great room, Very courteous staff, free hot dinner and breakfast, free parking, and pets are allowed. What a value! The true quality of the staff for me was tested last night when I went to get a drink and I had my dog. 3 ladies decided to target my 8# dog. One lady said she worked at the hotel and was reporting me. I said okay and went to the desk myself to get the manager. When the manager came to the desk the 3 ladies ran away and the manager said none of the ladies were Drury employees. He was very nice and handled the situation extremely well. He offered to hold my dog next time I needed a drink.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank AuntRN
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Had everything I look for in a hotel. Free food, free parking, and a courteous staff. The kids loved the large pool and we enjoyed the fitness center while they played in the pool. Guest seemed to be family oriented. Location was good, except for some late night crotch rocket motorcycles, which the hotel has no control over.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Maybe I am missing something as all the other reviews were so positive but I was disappointed with my stay for a number of reasons. I booked the hotel purely based on the reviews as I wanted somewhere to stay for one night. It was my first time to stay in a Drury Inn so I am not familiar with them. I have set out below the positives and the negatives as I saw them and I will let you make your own mind up.

The positives are:
- pleasant and helpful staff
- nice size clean and comfortable rooms
- good internet connections in the room
- free parking
- easy to find

The negatives are:
- not possible to get any food or drink in the hotel after 7pm
- all the cutlery at breakfast was plastic
- all the cups and plates were polystyrene

It is the first hotel that I have ever been in where I couldn't get food or drink after 7pm and where the utensils were plastic and polystyrene. Maybe the negatives are standard for Drury Inns but sorry this didn't do it for me. On the basis of this alone I would have given a poor rating but the willingness of the staff to help was worth an extra point.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Fidelma1
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Orlando, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels. We appreciate hearing from our guests and are extremely sorry that you did not have everything you wanted in your stay. I am very pleased that you found the team friendly and helpful and that your room was large and clean. We take great effort in giving luxury hotel service in our select service hotel. And we offer the 5:30 Kickback with free evening food and cold beverages until 7:00 p.m.... I am sorry; our hotel does not have food after 7:00 p.m.and we do not use ceramic plates. If ever during a stay at a Drury Hotel you have questions or concerns, please let us know right away so we can work to fix the issue as soon as possible. We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Robert Allen

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I have been going to the Orlando area twice a year for the last 20 years, and this is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in in that time. Drury have got it right, when this hotel was built they have actually thought about the experience and put the residents comfort above all other considerations. Examples...the toilet flushes so quietly, you cannot hear it in the room...the rooms have just the right amount of light to see if you get out of bed in the dark... the doors can be shut without the need to force them, they make no noise at all....the rooms are very well soundproofed and very little noise gets in....the beds and pillows are so comfortable....check in and out is so easy as there are no extras to pay for as they are all free...the list goes on and on.
What gives this hotel the 'wow' factor though, is the staff. The receptionist at the very first moment, the manager genuinely interested in your wellbeing, the many staff at breakfast who take time to make you welcome, they all go above and beyond to make sure you feel at home.
I have tried hard to think of any drawback to staying here, and can only think of one. If you do not have a car, it would be difficult to walk to International drive. Other than that the location is excellent.
Fantastic hotel, fantastic staff, best all round value for money you can choose.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank johnpurd
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Stayed here for six night in August had a great time, room was large the bed was really comfy bathroom was like a wet room it was so big, The carpet could have done with a good vacuming,but everything else was fine, plenty to eat at breakfast & at kick back (the free drinks
went down a treat) lots of people took food to their rooms after they have eaten how greedy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple