“we will be back again”

Ranked #9 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“we will be back again”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

My family had a fantastic stay at the Drury Inn and Suites in Orlando, Florida. Let me sum it up for you:
Check in was a breeze, the staff were very friendly and welcoming. I had reserved the room online, which was quick and easy. The price was a good value compared to competing properties in the area. I was arriving with a pet, which was free, and during my stay the staff was accomodating and friendly with the dog, even remembering her name.
The hotel property is brand new and everything was clean and new. There were always staff cleaning, sweeping, or wiping down. There is free ample parking, the location is good and there are lots of dining/shopping/entertainment areas in close proximity. Whole foods/ 7-11 and Wendy's are all in walking distance. The location is right off the interstate, but our room was very quiet in spite of being near the road. Our room was very large and the beds/pillows were attractive and comfortable. Everything still smells new!
There was a 5:30 evening reception with an offering of 3 free alcoholic drinks at the bar for adults, which had a wide selection of drinks available and a nice light meal offering which included hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, baked potatoes, chili, nachos and cheese, green tossed salad, salsa and vegetables crudite with ranch dressing. It was a self-service buffet style. There is also always a drink station available which included coffee/decaf/tea/decaf tea/hot cocoa/juice/and a soft drink station.
The amenities included a computer room, free wireless internet in the rooms, hot tub, indoor/outdoor pool, hot tub, banquet/meeting rooms. There are pool towels provided in the pool area as well as outdoor tables/lounge chairs on the patio area. The pool is open until 10PM.
Breakfast is included with the room and the offering was suitable for most diets and included for example: eggs/sausage/ham/cheese/hash brown potatoes/cooked oatmeal/hot biscuits with gravy/assorted breads for toast/donuts/assorted cereals/bananas/apples/yogurt/fresh made waffles with syrup.There was a complete beverage station, including juices/coffee/milk etc.
Check out was not needed as there is a room key drop box near the exit door.
All in all this hotel was excellent. The only little thing I can say was not favorable was in my opinion the shower/bath products system was filled with inferior products such as shampoo/shower gel/conditioner. The products left me with a filmy feeling and actually made my hair feel worse/more tangled than with any other conditioner I have ever used. Next time I will just bring my own, this is a very minor inconvenience for me. I would definitely tell all my friends/family to STAY AT THE DRURY INN AND SUITES!

6 Thank mayzeeo10

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had heard that Drury Hotels were a good chain, I had never stayed at one but last time I was in Orlando I saw this one. It is right down the street from Universal so I made the decision to check it out for my next trip. I got a great price by booking through their website and using the e-saver code that they provided.
The day of my arrival I called to let them know that it would be a late check in (we decided to hit the parks first) that was not an issue, great! We got to the hotel and the check in was a breeze, heading to the room we noticed that the hotel smelled new... trust me I have been in some smelly ones and this was a nice change! The room was in a great spot, we went in and it smelled clean and the place was spotless. The bathroom could use a fan so that when we took showers it did not get all stuffy in there and the mirror fogged up. The shower head was awesome! I want one of those! The bed was comfortable, but the pillows were more "squishy" than I like, but to each their own. The tv was great, it had quite a few channels, just wish there would have been some type of guide as to what was showing, but I was with a guy so he's good at channel surfing. :) We did not get to take in any of the extras but I'm sure that they were great, perhaps next trip.
Overall, this was a great hotel, nice friendly staff and I can't wait for my next trip to Orlando... I already know where I am staying!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank JenniferL84
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just stayed last week end at the Drury hotel. It was an excellent experience. Hotel personnel were friendly and helpful. Room was very clean and confortable. The breakfast buffet was very good. They also offered like a happy hour in the afternoon which is free. They also have a popcorn machine and drinks. The location is very good only minutes away from the parks.
Also there are many good restaurants in the area.

3 Thank Trotamundo2010_10
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
Reviewed September 19, 2012

New hotel to area in Aug. 2012. Stayed mid Sept 2012 and would recommend to anyone traveling to the area. Great hotel for a very reasonable price. Nice and new. Had one issue that was brought to the attention of the staff and was corrected almost immediately.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank 19William80
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a new property that opened in August 2012. It is located 1 exit from Downtown Disney. The property is very nice and has a happy hour with 2 free drinks per person with hot appetizers.The hot breakfast was very nice with lots of options. I would definitely stay hear again!

Room Tip: Look for coupons from Drury for suite upgrade!
2 Thank OhioBob2
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and myself are staying at the Drury Inn Orlando right now and OMG what a beautiful place. We are only minutes away from Universal and Disney. This hotel is everything you could ask for in a hotel. It is situated on a busy intersection but it doesn't seem to bother you. I would come back here in a minute. I love the Drury Inns.

Room Tip: We are on the 8th floor and its pretty at night with all the lights.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very clean, modern, comfortable. I understand competing hotels visit this one because they are curious about why people love it. Here's a list: Queen beds with comfortable linens, big rooms and bathrooms, free wifi with no connectivity problems, free breakfast that is not just junk food, very friendly staff, good location, quiet, no extra charges and of course it is all sparkling clean.
I dialed the hotel directly and the reservations desk patiently waited while I found a good coupon code on line, the Universal agent in the lobby was helpful and did not try to hard sell us on anything, the breakfast lady was incredibly helpful, and the entire staff was cheerful and professional.
There are several shops and restaurants in walking distance and a Whole Foods across the street. If you're looking for a place to eat in close driving distance (not walking, sorry) but not theme park, try Agave Azul for upscale Mexican.

Room Tip: Front desk clerk picked a great room based on our request for quiet with view.
3 Thank Bijoux404