“AWESOME POOL, AWESOME LOCATION, AWESOME HOTEL!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disney's Beach Club Resort

Disney's Beach Club Resort
Ranked #102 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Reading, Massachusetts
“AWESOME POOL, AWESOME LOCATION, AWESOME HOTEL!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

We are DVC members and have stayed ay many other of the Disney Deluxe Villas and also have stayed at many other Disney hotels. This, by far, is our favorite.

First, the staff is excellent and the Hotel was emmaculate. The rooms were beautiful and so clean. The beds were almost as comfy as our beds at home, and we all slept great. We stayed in a 2 bedroom Villa with 4 adults and 4 children and we had plenty of room.

Second, the restaurants located in this Hotel and the connecting Yacht Club were all excellent. You could not beat the quality of the food and the convenience of so many different restaurants located so close to your room!

Third, the pool is unbelievable!!! It is great for all ages. The sandy bottom, 0 entry pool was excellent for my 2 boys, 4 and 16 mos. They LOVED it! Also, if you order kids meals from Hurrican Hannah's at the pool, they give you a pail and a shovel for the kids to use in the sand! SO FUN!!!

And fourth, LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!!! You absolutely cannot beat the location of this hotel. If you find yourself at Epcot almost every night, this is the hotel for you. You can watch the fireworks, and be back in your room within 5 minutes of the ending of illuminations!

I really could go on and on at how great this Hotel is!! We are going back to Disney in September and we will be staying here again FOR SURE!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank kjfitzgerald2004

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2011

My daughter and I joined my sister recently for a 4-day stay in Orlando. She is a Disney Vacation Club member so she used her "points" to book us at the Beach Club Villas. Upon arrival at about 10 pm, the check-in line was long and the check-in staff was dealing with an irate customer with a door that wouldn't lock properly rather than finding someone else to help him. Hence, the check-in process took more than 30 minutes even though we had checked in electronically before arrival.

We made our way to our room, which was very nice but pretty small. You had to move a few pieces of furniture to use the pull-out and there was little space between that and the queen bed. But my biggest disappointment was the shower. The water was - at best - luke warm at its hottest. I was told that this was so no one would get burnt. Standing in there for longer than a few minutes was excruciating, unless you enjoy cold showers. After a long day in the parks, a hot shower is welcome but I never got one.

Also, there was no decaf coffee with the coffee maker - and none available. Too bad for us "unleaded" coffee drinkers.

The Marketplace at the Beach Club was a nice store with a friendly staff. There was also a little cafe area that served a few items for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There was a real lack of hot items for lunch and dinner, which was a disapointment. They served mostly cold sandwiches and they were fairly costly. It was, however, convenient, especially if you wanted to grab something quick in the a.m. and then run off to one of the parks. I would recommend the chocolate chip muffins, which were quite tasty.

Overall, I don't think my sister got the value she deserved for what I know she pays to be a member of the Disney Vacation Club. In this case, I think Disney could do better. I'd recommend the hotel, but with some reservations.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank pat221
Austin, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

This was our second stay at the Beach Club Villas, but our previous stay had been several years ago. We were excited to be staying in a one bedroom over the Christmas holidays.

Check-in was great and efficient and our cast member checking us into the villa was friendly, always smiling, and knowledgeable. We were very pleased that our room was ready at check-in.

Our room was clean and the decor was subtle beach colors. Our balcony looked out onto the woods and a back street, but we later discovered that we had a partial view of the Epcot nightly fireworks (we were on the 2nd floor, so we really only saw the high ones, but it was still great!).

For DVC members, internet is free. We found it to be reliable and fast once we set up our router (so that we could be wireless).

The best part of the Beach Club Villas was the location as it is so close to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We were able to quickly get to some of the best attractions and restaurants quickly by walking or by boat. There are also tons of options for eating at the Beach Club itself as well as its sister resort and the Boardwalk, which is just a short stroll across the bridge.

We tried room service here twice as my daughter unfortunately came down the the flu our third night here. Everything that we had both nights was wonderful, especially the steak, which was cooked perfectly. The chili and chips appetizer was also a favorite with my family. The portion sizes were generous and the staff that set up our food was friendly and efficient.

One of the things that we like best about the Beach Club Villas as opposed to some of the other villas at Disney is that the parking is right by the hotel. This makes it very convenient for packing/unpacking, going to parks or downtown Disney, or going to the store.

For parents of little ones, I highly recommend the pirate cruise at the Yacht Club next door. My son absolutely loved the adventure and the staff was some of the best that we encountered on our trip.

Also, for kids, try the kids meals at Hurricane Hannahs as they come with a shovel and pail. This is a great bonus for the resort's sand bottom pool portions. At night, kids (both little and big) can watch a movie on the beach.

Finally, the decorations at Christmas are absolutely gorgeous. You'll also find a small set-up where you can buy fresh gingerbread cookies or order gingerbread houses there.

There are so many wonderful things at this resort - something for everyone. We would definitely love to come back to this gorgeous hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank BronteReed
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2011

Our first time staying at the Beach Club Villas. We stayed in a hotel room at the Yacht Club before and loved the location and pool. We chose the BCV for the location, pool, 1br, and kitchen.

Location - excellent, we love Epcot and love to be able to walk there. Getting everywhere else from here is pretty good, too. The boardwalk is also nice.

Cleanliness - very good, housekeeping kept it very nice and clean, even the kitchen area, which we used A LOT!

Rooms - very good, pros: lots of space, separate bedroom, nice patio, separate eating area, two sinks. Cons: only one toilet, bathroom configuration was really strange (lots of doors and angles, unable for one person to shower and one person to access the toilet, closet was in the back of one of the sink areas, NO closet storage in the bedroom (there was the one small closet but it was crammed with a vacuum cleaner, high chair, and play pen so you couldn't really use it for clothes), limited drawer space (had to spread everything out everywhere in nooks and crannies). Kitchen facilities were good, except the stove vent didn't vent out anywhere so if you fry something the room smokes up and the fire alarm goes off. Otherwise, all the appliances worked fine, it was fully stocked with all the cookware and utensils I needed.

Sleep Quality - very good, the bed was very comfy and the sofa bed was comfy, too! DH didn't like the pillows, they were too soft. There was a bit of noise heard from behind the wall at the head of the bed (I think housekeeping was cleaning the room and we could hear it) but we slept in a lot. We also didn't hear much noise from other rooms doing things in their kitchens (we were pretty noisy in ours without trying to be), but we did hear showers and water pipes on occasion. The reason why I rated this as GOOD only is because one night the air conditioner started making a knocking noise at 2am, just a constant knocking - the kids were still fast asleep and we didn't hear it much in the bedroom so I waited until 9am to call maintenance, but it was a really annoying sound.

Service - very good, front desk was great, concierge and event services was great, housekeeping was great, pool services too, maintenance for the most part was great - we had a burnt out lightbulb that they fixed right away, and the stove light didn't work and they fixed it while we were out, also a ceiling light burnt out and housekeeping noticed and sent maintenance to fix it. I would have given a GOOD rating due to the air conditioner problem - after I reported it at 9am, someone came to look at it, couldn't fix it, turned it off and said they would call a technician to fix it. No one came all day, I called back at 2pm checking the status and after being on hold for 5 minutes, suddenly someone came immediately and fixed it. Meanwhile the room was really hot and stuffy. I upgraded it back to a VERY GOOD rating because I called the front desk to let them know what happened, and they apologized and gave me a $75 credit for the trouble right away.

Value - Very Good, we got the 42% discount promo on most of our stay (up until Dec 25th), and the price of the 1bedroom villa with full kitchen was the same price as the hotel room in Beach Club, so well worth it to me since most of our meals were cooked and prepared in that kitchen!

All in all a great stay, if we go back to WDW we will always stay here.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank jazzinj
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2010

Stayed three nights the week before Christmas with my husband; this was our third trip to Disney World (my fifth). I chose the Beach Club Villas to get a little kitchen for breakfast (we brought our cereal with us) and to be close to Epcot.

To save money, I chose the single studio, which comes with a queen size bed, a couch, coffee table, table and two chairs, tv and stand with drawers for clothes. The couch was not particularly comfy since the pillows were made of firm foam, but it was nice to sit and put our feet up on a couch and not the bed! The chairs for the table were large with similar hard foam pads, but were comfortable to sit in either to eat or to relax. The bed was wonderful -- but there is only one night table. We turned over the kitchen trash can to act as the second night table and that worked fine.

The kitchen was nearly perfect. It had a nice little sink, coffee maker, microwave, a work surface with an open shelf above it with paper towels. Under the sink was a fridge large enough for a half gallon of milk and many sodas. Above the microwave are two glass front doors behind which are glasses and paper plates and bowls plus plastic flatware. I would have preferred something more substantial than paper plates (we brought our own cereal bowls).

The sink for the bathroom was in an alcove opposite the kitchen and outside the shower/toilet bathroom. The shower was a normal bathtub and the room was a nice size. We (finally) brought our own bath mats -- cheapie ones I wouldn't mind throwing away if my suitcase was too full. These made the bathroom very comfortable.

Our balcony was a nice size; two of us could stand or sit comfortably and two chairs and a little table were provided. We just took the room offered to us; we were in the crook of the building on the 4th floor looking out over some woods. It was peaceful and aside from the fireworks one evening we didn't go out, it was very quiet. When the people from the room next door came out onto their balcony, especially in the morning when we're not at our best, it was a little awkward since they are fairly close, but it was fine. I would have liked more of a view, but it was fine and better than our view last time at Boardwalk overlooking the dumpster area.

In the Beach Club hotel and villas, there are so many wonderful nooks and crannies --- you can escape from everyone to sit and read or you can join the throngs in the lobby. Go exploring --- check out the drawing room and walk the paths. The Marketplace had just what we needed -- fresh milk for our breakfasts and wonderful fruit. They make sandwiches and have other carryout dishes; across the hall and right outside are tables to sit and spend time or to eat.

The last day after checking out, it was finally warm enough to think about going in the big pool. We were able to check our bags and change in the bathroom near the pool, which made it almost more convenient than coming from our room which would have been quite a trek. The big pool is very fun and we're looking forward to being able to explore it more during our next trip.

We took the launch over to Hollywood Studios (too tired to take the 20-minute walk); VERY convenient. The next day we walked around the whole lagoon and through the Dolphin and Swan; everything in that area is just so beautiful.

If you've already seen Illuminations, near 9:30 in Epcot, go to Morocco and get one of their fabulous coffees and then sit at one of the table and chairs just outside. You'll have an obstructed view of the fireworks, but you'll have a seat and will see nearly all of them plus you'll have a fun view of how things shut up when Illuminations begins and you'll be out of the flow as the masses start to leave. VERY relaxing!
Use Disney's Magical Express -- it is a wonderful start and finish to your trip; you check your bags at your airport and don't handle them again until they are delivered to your room.

What will we do next time? I think we'll stay in the Beach Club resort and forgo the microwave; we'll pay for an upgrade to the lagoon view and see if that makes a difference. But we're sold on staying at the Beach Club or Boardwalk since Epcot is our favorite park.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2010

This hotel has very rude staff members, they are rude at every corner and unwilling to accomodate any request.

The bed linnes are very standard and not at all luxerious, they are not even nice, they are poly blends.

If you are looking for service stay somwhere esle

The hotel was decorated but disney no longer really decorates the parks. Sea world had more christmas decorations and events than all 4 disney parks. We stayed at Hilton Grand vacations at sea world before checking in here. I would stay with Hilton, nicer accomodations and better service all around, disney is rude and dirty

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank HGVClub_Owner
Athens, GA, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2010

We stayed in a studio villa Dec. 12-17. Proximity to Epcot is the best thing this hotel offers. The lobby was beautiful with the chocolate/gingerbread carousel & the hotel staff were very accommodating. However, the room decor is awful--what's with all the mixed up colors--yuk. I expect a good bed with nice linens for this price but our mattress was soft & seemed worn out--we had to request hotel staff to bring a replacement which they did promptly. They should replace the quilted bedspreads with down comforters--more comfortable. We requested a studio close to an elevator as spouse has a nerve problem in his feet & walking on carpet is painful. They put us in a handicapped room (not necessary) & the bathroom had only a pedestal sink with absolutely no place for the toiletries (we had to bring in the patio table for our things). I'm hoping that maybe we just got a bad room & not all the rooms are like the one we had. Maybe the regular hotel rooms are better than the villas.(??)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple