“Wonderful trip with many options for fun on site and nearby”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #110 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 31, 2009

My then 6 year old daughter and I stayed for 5 nights at the Beach Club Villas in late July/early August 2008 on a mother-daughter trip. We had booked a 1 bedroom villa, and were pleasantly surprised when our room actually turned out to be a 4th floor, 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit when my daughter opened an interior door to the right of the room's front foyer and discovered a second bedroom and bath. We expected that interior door was going to reveal a closet or bathroom, but it turned out to be a spacious second bedroom with 2 queen beds and adjacent bathroom, in addition to a large master suite with king bed, large master bath with jacuzzi tub and separate shower.

Cleanliness and condition of the villa was top notch, with daily housekeeping service instead of weekly service since we were not Disney vacation club members. The villa was spacious with multiple closets, and it truly felt decadent for just the two of us. The laundry closet with stacked washer and dryer was an appreciated convenience because we prefer to travel light and needed to do laundry during our stay. The living room and both bedrooms had balconies overlooking Epcot's geodesic dome and the nightly fireworks.

The Beach Club's large sand bottom pool area and gigantic slide were fun amenities for unwinding and relaxing. We also thoroughly enjoyed strolling the paved pathway looping around the beach and lake to go to Epcot, the Boardwalk resort area, and to the boat launches to Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios. The Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom theme parks were accessible from the Beach Club by car or by Disney bus service.

The Beach Club's onsite Cape May Cafe's character breakfast buffet and non-character dinner buffet were our favorite meals before or after spending our days at the theme parks, and the servers and chef were very accommodating regarding my daughter's food allergies. Room service pizza delivery was prompt and tasty, although spendy. We had the Disney deluxe dining plan which allowed for room service or otherwise we probably would not have utilized room service at all.

There was in-room dataport internet access for an additional daily fee, somewhat irksome on top of the cost of the deluxe accommodations.

Staying at the Beach Club was a big splurge for us, and a trip my daughter and I will always remember and treasure.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank roadtrippervoyageur

Reviewed July 29, 2009

We're DVC members and this is our home resort. I love the location of this resort. My favorite Disney World burger place is at this resort, Beaches and Cream (out the back door of the Beach Club resort) The pool is awesome, with a great slide that looks like it's coming off of an old ship. I enjoy getting coffee in the morning and taking a walk from the resort to the boardwalk(we have teenage boys, they usually get a late start) Theres a pastry shop on the boardwalk I like to get a cream cheese danish to go with my coffee. Theres also a marina in front of the resort, my husband and boys rented those small boats to ride around in. They had a great time. We've stayed here 4 or 5 times. It's my favorite of all the Disney DVC resorts.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank Disneygoof
Reviewed July 26, 2009

My husband and two daughters, ages 11 and 13 stayed at the Beach Club Villas in June. We had a 1 bedroom Villa which was spotless, overlooked a quiet pool, with an incredible bed in the master bedroom. The convenience of a villa with full kitchen, two bathrooms and a washer dryer is definitely welcomed in Florida summers. You just can't go wrong staying here. The entire resort is upscale and beautifully landscaped and decorated. I did the online check in and was greeted at the door of the resort by name when I got out of my car and they took me to the front desk and I was on my way in about 6 or 7 minutes. (I am sure the guard at the gate radioed to the front door--but it was cool anyways.) My room wasn't ready yet, but they gave me my entire packet and keys and they text messaged me when it was ready. I left after checkin to go to the resort and got my message very quickly and didn't miss a beat at the parks. All I had to do was go to my room when I was ready. On top of the great atmosphere and room, the waterpark area is incredible. Sandy bottom pool, super fast slide for all sizes..more adults were on it than kids, lazy river that is really deep in parts(great for adults to dangle their legs), grill, ice cream parlor, little kids area, winding pools and a whirlpool area. My family didn't even want to go to the parks, we spent entire days just lounging around in the pool area and even nights. If you have little kids they have pool games in the afternoon, etc. At night you can watch on the gigantic screen at the beach a disney movie overlooking the lake. They move out the lounges and beach chairs for people to sit in. They had a campfire, smores, etc. We skip that stuff because it is more for the first timer or with young kids. Another perk, you can walk the entire boardwark area with restaurants and shops, then hop a boat to either Epcot or Disney Studios. You can do a very short walk to Epcot and we chose that after a large dinner some nights.

I can't say enough about this resort...definitely 5 star and it is extremely worth it because you won't want to leave. They even have a deli area in the mercantile that is open late at night for you to get sandwiches, salads, etc. if you are still hungry. Loved it.

2  Thank VacationBunni
Reviewed July 21, 2009

Absolutely loved it here. Stayed a week and wished we could have stayed more. Location is fantastic, the best location of any disney property. Next door to Epcot. Close to HS. and an easy walk around the boardwalk to more restaurants and shops. Most of the best Disney restaurants are at Epcot so the location is great to finish the day with dinner in Epcot and walk back to room. The pool is great, sand bottom and perfect for children of all ages.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2009

The stay at the villas was great. The only problem would be the walk from the main pool to the villas. At night time when it is dark, I would not want my kids walking to the pool. And I also think the main building and the villas should be connected. Rooms are a bit outdated, but not to bad. best resort I have stayed at so far.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Mphbaseball13
Reviewed July 12, 2009

Great place. This is our 2nd visit at this particular resort. This is a timeshare place so normal daily housekeeping is not included unless you rented the place on a nightly basis from Disney. If you rented from an owner then, you will not receive daily housekeeping. Our room was clean. They did have the new foldout couches that had a much more comfortable mattress. There is some wear and tear in the unit. The place definitely could use some deep cleaning like grout cleaning, new cooktop, etc.. The washer/dryer combo was very large. It held a lot of clothes (almost as big as a regular one at home). We were in room 371 and had a view of Spaceship Earth and we could see the fireworks from our room. However, I wouldn't worry about views at this place as they aren't special if you aren't going to be in the room when the fireworks go off. Don't get me wrong all the view are pleasant. I find the location unbeatable. You are walking distance to Epcot and a boat ride away to Disney's Hollywood Studios. You also have a ton of eating options with Epcot and the Broadwalk. The pool is great for kids too. I found the water a bit warm. We checked in around 1 pm and our room was ready. We checked in ONLINE and just walked up to the desk to get our keys for room. Friendly service with all the staff. The bus service was great for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom. However, if you are going to Downtown Disney or the waterparks make sure you plan for an extra 15 minutes (extra stops are made). Another tip about the weather during the summer, it rains daily. If you aren't from the East Coast this might seem a little weird at first but it rains and it is very humid. Our last 2 trips were during Thanksgiving week and Christmas week and I felt the crowds were much more manageable.

1  Thank Disneyfreak67
Reviewed June 29, 2009

Our famliy stayed in a two bedroom villa. From the minute we pulled into the parking lot until the minute we pulled away the stay was excellent. The room/s were HUGE, with teenagers this was a plus. Everyone had privacy. Having a washing machine and dryer in the unit was a huge plus. There also is a full kitchen. The pool was fantastic. The restaurants were convenient. The refillable mugs were a great value.There wasn't anything I didn't like about this place. Disney does it right.

1  Thank Maryln8