“Loved the Beach Club Villas”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #102 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Loved the Beach Club Villas”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We really loved the Beach Club Villas. They were perfect!

Room: The one bedroom suite was perfect for our family of for. The big bathroom with the large tub and separate shower was great. We loved having the deck off of the master bedroom and the living room. The kitchen with bar stools and table was also great. We loved actually having a 1 bedroom suite vs. a standard hotel room.

Overall Beach Club Property: Amazing!!! The location with walking distance to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and the Boardwalk can't be beat! Stormalong Bay is amazing and as fantastic as everyone says it is. The sand bottom pool was so much fun for our 4 & 5 yo. The bar and grill by the pool has good food and is convenient, with waiter service walking around the pool area which was a nice surprise. We had dinner at Beach & Cream and also did walk up for ice cream. We really enjoyed it both times. The character breakfast at Cape May Cafe offered great classic characters and really good breakfast food. We LOVED this entire property. The Sandcastle Club was awesome for the kids and because they liked it so much, we got to enjoy the World Showcase just the two of us a few nights. This is now officially our favorite Disney resort, and we have stayed at many!

We highly recommend the Beach Club Villas and will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank nakt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed previously at BC resort and decided to try BC villas this time.
The room is great, we stayed in a studio, with queen bed and pull over sofa. Perfect for a family of 3 or 4. The small kitchenete with microwave is a nice touch - for a quick breakfast in the morning. We could see fireworks from Epcot above the trees at night from our balcony. Loved it! The main pool is a water park itself. Our daughter had a blast. We tried the water parks this vacation and her opnion the resort pool was better than both with an amazing slide! I'm writting this review by the pool under the shade of the trees sipping a cocktail.
The only con is the hallways, kind of a maze and we got lost a couple of times before learning our way around.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Ferrazalves
O'Fallon, Missouri
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We are fairly new DVC members and this was our first chance to stay at the Beach Club Villas. We were originally given a wheelchair accessible room, which has no shelf space in the bathroom, but once we contacted the front desk, they relocated us to a different room. The main pool is the best of all the resorts and there was free bottled water in the villa lobby, which is something we've never encountered at any of the other properties. Overall, we had a wonderful time and highly recommend this property.

1 Thank Joe Z
Greenville,In
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We are DVC members who were doing a split reservation for our week at Disney. We are fairly new members and were trying to sample the different hotels to see where we would prefer to visit next time. And when I say new members, I don't mean new to Disney. We have stayed at the Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, the Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Kidani, Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter, Coronado Springs and Caribbean Beach. We tried 2 nights at Grand Floridian Villas (amazing), 3 nights at Bay Lake (excellent) and 2 nights at Beach Club Villas. For DVC members this can be a difficult resort to get into if this is not your home resort. I was thrilled to get two nights here together. Sorry Beach Club Villas, I couldn't find the love. We checked in early around 10 am after leaving Bay Lake. Our room was not ready that early as I expected. Our cast member Jean was not in training, but did not act very confident in checking us in. I had done online check in, but he asked for my license, credit card and info as if I had not already done it. He did not speak much and once he started to ask me something and just dropped his sentence. It was a very odd check in. We spent the day at Studios and returned around 4:00 pm. Our room was ready after I inquired about it, but we never received the text. Our room was just a studio, but was nice and basic. Nothing really special after comparing it to many moderate resorts at Disney. This is a deluxe resort. It had a queen bed, a pullout couch and 2 chairs + table. There is a nice size kitchenette with frig, toaster and microwave. They do provide some paper plates, bowls and plastic silverware. The sink area is separate with one sink and the toilet and shower area has a door. Plenty of storage with a closet and drawer space. The best part of our room was the balcony. We were on a corner and had an extremely large balcony with two chairs. Our room was number 260. After getting settled, we had to try the pool. Now, I will say this is a large pool and bigger than most I have seen. But it has a sand bottom which I found to very rough on my feet. There were some concrete areas you could stand on but that was very coarse and rough also. Not what your tried toes need after a long day. My son and I tried the lazy river - which compared to the true water parks like Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon - is quite a disappointment. The river was very short and small and the water was crazy deep. It went from 4 feet to over 8 feet. You couldn't stand or keep yourself moving. Not good for children who are not strong swimmers. Now, the slide was great and my son LOVED it. If you are used to a food court like in the moderate resorts, you will not find one here. You can order a few choices in the Market place/ gift shop. But everything else is sit down restaurants ( which need advanced reservations) or the pool side bar. We only tried the Market place. It was fine. A little slow. Beach Club is very convenient to the back of Epcot where all the countries are. A little more walking required to the front of Epcot. We enjoyed the boat ride to Hollywood Studios, but it did include a stop at the Swan and Dolphin both ways. I don't know what I was expecting here, but I didn't find it. The lobby was pretty, but not as impressive as the Grand Floridian or Bay Lake. The location was fine, but I guess I prefer the monorail. The food was okay, but I prefer food courts with more choices. I don't want to have to make a reservation to eat - unless it is a special meal like a character breakfast or an amazing dinner. The pool slide was good, but I can't pick a hotel just for a slide. The room was nice, but I have stayed at nicer. Plus the hallways felt like a maze. A lot of other reviews mention needing a facelift. The carpet is looking pretty bad and very dated. The carpeting has roses and a fake rug with tassels in the pattern of the carpet. So many people love this place, I thought it was fine. I won't be staying here again. We did walk over to Boardwalk for dinner one night at the pizza window. You can get a whole cheese pizza for less than $20. We also ate breakfast at Kouzzina since it is closing later this year and wanted to try it. I think I would try Boardwalk Villas next. It has the same location to Epcot and Studios. It has more entertainment at night and a fun looking pool. It also has a Community Hall for more activity choices for the kids.

9 Thank jjillmomma
West Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed there for 4 night in June 2014 in a deluxe studio. The room was wheelchair accessible so the bathroom was very large but there was limited shelf space in the room. The room it's self had limited storage for 3 people. It was a short walk from the front desk.

The location is about the best you can get on Disney property. We were a short walk from the back entrance to Epcot and a quick boat ride to Hollywood studios. The pool area is the best that we have seen at any Disney property.

We would recommend this property based on location.

5 Thank ATat103
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If your planning to spend time at EPCOT or if you like lounging by the pool, this is a top choice! The pool includes a pirate ship slide, sinking sands, and a lazy river. You will also be able to walk to the International Gate of EPCOT. If you enjoy a clambake, Cape May Cafe is a must. I'm not usually a fan of buffets, but this one is as good as any restaurant and there's something for everyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Ocala
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Stayed here 3 nights in May 2014. Villa included kitchen and living room area. Nice space when you have kids. Bathroom was a little strange - 2 separate sinks which was nice, but shower and toilet were in the same area with one door, and the tub and 2nd sink was in another area without a door which meant when I was trying to get ready for the day before the kids were up there was no door to close. Furnishings were a little old and could use an update, but overall very nice. Limited space for unpacking - can't imagine staying here a week or more and having enough space to unpack without living out of a suitcase as there was limited dresser space. Kitchen was adequate and had enough supplies - dishes, pots, pans, utensils, and a great dishwasher to throw everything in at the end of the day. Resort itself is gorgeous and in a perfect location with plenty of things to do - a walk to Epcot, boatride to MGM Studios, you can see fireworks every night, plus a movie on the beach. Nice restaurants, although expensive. Dinner at Cape May was pricey, but I guess worth it if you like seafood. Worth the money for the character breakfast as the buffet was fabulous and we saw Minnie, Goofy, & Donald Duck twice. The remaining restaurants are surprisingly Disney "polictical red tape". We had decided one evening to be casual and wanted a simple sandwich/burger dinner at the ice cream parlor, but although we grabbed a table outside, we were told we could not order nor take the food outside, but had to wait 45 minutes for a table inside. So we ordered from the bar restaurant by the pool, but again "regulations" as we could not order food to go from the bar but only by the pool. Other than that, fabulous hotel., gorgeous grounds, perfect location, plenty of things to do. Great store/walk away restaurant that has everything you could possible need or want. I had made reservations at the Villas for me and my kids, and a separate room at the Beach Resort for my parents. My parents were upgraded upon check in to club level, but nothing special for me. Not really that big of a deal, but when one person makes the reservations for two parties, it's a little disappointing that one party is upgraded and another is not.

Room Tip: We were automatically placed by the "quiet pool" which was nice.