“Enjoyed my stay at Disney's Beach Club Villas”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #100 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
new jersey
“Enjoyed my stay at Disney's Beach Club Villas”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Disney's Beach Club Villas. The location is very convenient for Epcot and Hollywood Studios. We met Mary Poppins in England at 3:50 and I was in the hotel ordering lunch at 4:05! Doesn't get easier then that. The individual rooms do need to be renovated. Our room was dated and showed some wear and tear. It also had some dust in the vents, along the molding and above the TV cabinet. The bed was very comfortable and the pull out couch worked beautifully for my two daughters. I did find the bus pick up at the Magic Kingdom was delayed but everything else worked great. We will be returning next year!

2 Thank dmytreboe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
new jersey
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Loved this place. Previous stays were at Boardwalk Villas, concierge level at the Animal Kingdom & Polynesian. I'm not sure what all the reviews were regarding updating. I am from the Jersey Shore and this place reminded me of places in Cape May, Ocean City and LBI. I really tried to look for the things reviewers said needed updating and could only come up with the bench in the bedroom looked like it was hit with the vacuum a few times. I agree with a previous review that stated you could hear the water pipes from other rooms. Was disturbing our first night but didn't notice it much after that.

2 Thank primostx3
Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I first visited Disney World as an 8 year old when it opened in 1971 and, in all honesty, I've been back more times than I can count since. In fact, I've just left Disney World. We stayed in the Polynesian this time (which was the first place I ever stayed) ...and its nice. In fact, IF (and only if, but...) IF your favorite theme park is the Magic Kingdom then, the title of this review notwithstanding, then the Polynesian might be the best location for you. But, yes, I still believe the Beach Club is the best location. WHY? Because I find that, no matter which park I might visit during the day time (all of which are easily accessible by bus), I like to be able to take advantage of the many great restaurants in the World Showcase in Epcot at night. And THAT is where having a room at the Beach Club (or Beach Club Villas) really shines! Simply book a restaurant somewhere in the World Showcase for each night of your stay. Come back to your room from whatever other park you may have visited during the day somewhat late in the afternoon, rest or clean up if you like, change clothes if you wish and WALK to your restaurant. When dinner and the fireworks are over, you'll also be able to WALK back to the Beach Club in far less time than it will take the rest of the visitors in the park to walk out to the parking lot to catch the monorail or a bus or what have you. And, no, you won't be limited to the restaurants in the World Showcase. Not only could you go to another restaurant in Epcot, you could also book a reservation at any restaurant in Hollywood Studios and either walk there or take a quick and enjoyable boat ride back and forth. And if you are too full for desert after dinner, you can have ice cream at Beaches'n Cream, the best ice cream shop in Disney World which is in the Beach Club when you get back (so long as you're back by 11:00 PM). Try the Beach Club ...You can thank me later.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank James H
ontario
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Our first room was strongly smelled of mold. They provided an extra cleaning but mold smell was still there. Moved rooms second to last night. Better smell but wish they could have moved us earlier. Didn't look forward to getting back into room every night. Will not be retuning to bcv any time soon. Please update

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank couplevacations
Queenstown, Maryland
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We've stayed in the Villas and Beach Club Hotel many times over the years. The location is still one of the best - walk right into Epcot for dinner or the evening, after the granddaughter was done for the day. Boat ride to Hollywood Studios better than busses as well. The pool is still the best - restricted to guests at the resort, because it's almost a water park!

2 bedroom villa was good for breakfasts. Kitchen appliances and finishes definitely need a serious overhaul. Service was good, as always.

Room Tip: If you have multiple reservations you can call the hotel about 10 days ahead and ask to speak to the...
3 Thank Darren L
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We loved this place! The property is beautiful and the location is the best, just steps to Epcot and a boat ride to Hollywood Studios. Fun area so close to everything on the boardwalk too. Our favorite stay at Disney so far!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank pigfoot4
Grand Cayman
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

I was disappointed with our first stay at Disney's Beach Club Villas. We have stayed at most DVC properties and found this one old and a bit run down. We stayed in a 1 Bedroom and the pipes were so loud. We could hear showers running through the pipes and it was generally loud.

The pool was great as was the location for Epcot and Hollywood studios.

Also I found the staff were not as friendly as other locations. When we checked in at 3:45pm I was disappointed our room was not ready. The staff member said it should be ready at 4:00 but could not guarantee it. I asked when is the guaranteed time to check in and she said they don't have such a time. I was surprised at that answer. In the end it was ready around 4:30. Other properties we have been given a room much earlier than 4:00pm.

Will likely not stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family