“excellent location and pools!”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #95 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We rented a studio here through a DVC member (great way to get amazing rates). We stayed for a long weekend during the Food and Wine festival. We had a studio room, which was big enough for us (2 adults 2 kids) for a short stay. These units are basically like a hotel room but with a small kitchenette area (VERY small). The amenities here are what put it above the rest. The pool area is the best at Disney, and being so close to the back door of Epcot is beyond convenient. We have stayed at many of the Disney properties, and this one has been the best so far. The resort has a campfire every night and also shows movies on the lakefront beach. You can also see the fireworks from Epcot from the shore. The Boardwalk area is great just for wandering around.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 4, 2014

I stayed at Beach Club Villas from December 13-15, 2013, in a Studio, room 445. When I arrived at 10:45 am, the room was ready. Your experience may differ. Be aware there are two parts to this resort: the Villas is the Disney time share portion, accessible to the main building via a walkway. The Villas has its own Concierge desk in the lobby.
Beach Club Villas is a beautiful resort. The Studio was very nice appointed; clean, nicely decorated, with a decent view. The bed was comfortable, the pillows less so but not bad. There is a flat screen TV and DVD player. Disney has finally expanded the channels available, and now provides a full complement via satellite. There is a small kitchenette with microwave oven, mini fridge, coffee maker, paper plates, plastic utensils, glasses, can opener, etc.
The resort is superbly located. I was at the end of the hall, so I could go down the staircase, exit the building, walk around it, and wind up right by the walkway to Epcot. You can also take the ferry to Epcot, but I think the walk to the pier is longer than the walk to Epcot.
It is also conveniently situated for the Boardwalk, which has nightly free entertainment.
But the biggest feature, as far as I’m concerned, is the fantastic Stormalong Bay, a 3 acre water feature. This is the water feature EVERY Disney resort should have! It is huge, free form, and sand bottomed. There is a zero entry area that reproduces a beach, and children can play in the sand there and build sand castles. There is also a small lazy river area, and a part of the pool that is a whirlpool. There are also two hot tubs adjacent to the pool. And don’t miss the terrific water slide. You actually leave the facility, walk across the walkway, and enter a “pirate ship” to access the slide. There is also a small slide for young children there.
As at all Disney resorts, there are activities for the kids every day for several hours at the pool.
Also available is a beach on the lake, which faces the Boardwalk Villas. There is a nightly campfire and movie there. A very good of the Epcot fireworks is available from the bridge leading to the Boardwalk.
One negative is the long walk from parking to your room. It is also a bit of a hike from the Villas to Stormalong Bay. However, there is a very nice “quiet” pool quite a bit closer, and right by the entrance to the Villas.
As a Disney Vacation Club member I have been trying to book Beach Club Villas for a few years, but never had any luck. I am very happy I was able to stay there, even for just two nights. I would highly recommend this resort if you want easy access to Epcot and/or Hollywood Studios, and/or are interested in relaxing at Stormalong Bay. As for me, I hope to be able to snag a reservation there again. It will be great to watch Illuminations at Epcot, and then have a shorter walk to my resort than the walk to the front entrance at Epcot!

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor for a better view and quieter location.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank carlbarry
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This property is looking very long long in the tooth. The rugs in common areas were very dark from wear and tear or dirt? The only time our family has been disappointed by a Disney property. Room decor is dated. Needs new color scheme and better furniture.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank WestCherokee
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The price is high, so we only go every other year. The Villas are the only way to go. We used to get a one bedroom for my wife, daughter and self, but now that my daughter is over 18 we like to get her her own bedroom, so we go with the 2 bedroom.
The staff is magical. We had a room cleanup while we were at breakfast! Never saw anyone! Convenience to the Parks is ideal, especially the 50 yard walk to Epcot. Having the opportunity to have the Early/Late hours at the parks is a must.
The pool here is awesome. Don't waste money going to one of the pool parks, unless that is why you come to Disney.
With a full Kitchen and Greengrocers.com a lot of money can be saved on food. The grocery prices are about what you would pay at home. There is a small delivery fee and you can place your order, online, several weeks before your arrival. Bell Services has refrigerators and freezers to store your food until you get checked in. Then they will bring the food up to your villa!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank billyfx
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The two best things about The Beach Club is the location transport - with easy walking distance to Epcot and Boardwalk, along with boat and bus transport options, and the second best thing is the pools! Lazy river, sand in pools, whirlpool, excellent pirate ship water slide and a great hot tub.

The hotel has that great Disney service and hospitality along with a lovely New England style decor and great views of the water, beach area and the Boardwalk. WiFi worked perfect for us in our room (just mentioning it because I noticed another reviewer had a problem with it, which I know can be frustrating but this was not the case for us).

The hotel is very nice and I like their gift shop which has a decent food prep along with basics for snacks as well as of course the Disney cloths, gifts and keepsakes.

The only thing I was surprised to see was that there is a need for carpet replacement and they had oddly chosen to replace some sections on the first floor with an odd selection of carpet tile/squares. This was likely temporary (I hope) but was surprising for Disney.

Our room, a studio, was roomy and comfortable. I loved the bed and slept well. We had a great balcony view of water at the rear of the hotel and could see turtles swimming, which the kids absolutely loved!

On one of our morning walks into Epcot at the resorts walkway entrance we talked and had our picture taken with Ariel - with no wait! Such a great touch!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank DisneyCrazed
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

My children loved the BCV. The pool was perfect for them and they couldn't get enough if it. Walk in access to Epcot is a big plus too.

We were in a one bedroom unit for our family of four. Kitchen was stocked well and the room layout was great! Everyone slept comfortably and we had lots of space!

The pool was fantastic, the staff was great. Camp fire and roasting marshmallows were a highlight for the children.

Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have stayed in the Epcot loop before at the Swan and Dolphin on multiple occasions. I figured we would try the Beach Club because of how large their pool was and I was with 2 young boys. The Villas was the only property with rooms available when I was going to be there so we figured we would give it a go. The theme is old school, northeastern beach and it was nice and comfortable. The staff was friendly at check in explaining the new magic bands to me and my kids. Our room was big and nice. Nothing special but in need of updating and a fresh coat of pain. We had a beautiful view of the road and trees from our balcony. It really was the little things that drove me crazy at this property. Inside a Disney hotel I expect everything to be perfect, especially for the price. Things like missing or nonfunctional television remotes, lamps that were not plugged in, electric box in the bathroom whose door would not lock, a bathroom sink that was partially clogged and would retain water easily, etc. However, the kicker was the WiFi. I was there for work, but had my boys with me to enjoy the parks. I could not access WiFi from my room on any device despite being able to get it in the lobby. When I called IT, I was told that there was nothing wrong with the WiFi but we were in a "busy" period (it was 10:30 pm). They told me that I should go to the lobby and when I told them that I would not leave my kids alone, they told me there was nothing they could do for me. Unreal. It seems like something so easy to resolve, but they could not or would not. It left a very bad taste in my mouth and took a very nice hotel and made it an unpleasant experience for me.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business