“In need of major update”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #101 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Burr Ridge, Illinois
“In need of major update”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This property is looking very long long in the tooth. The rugs in common areas were very dark from wear and tear or dirt? The only time our family has been disappointed by a Disney property. Room decor is dated. Needs new color scheme and better furniture.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank WestCherokee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Madison, Wi
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The price is high, so we only go every other year. The Villas are the only way to go. We used to get a one bedroom for my wife, daughter and self, but now that my daughter is over 18 we like to get her her own bedroom, so we go with the 2 bedroom.
The staff is magical. We had a room cleanup while we were at breakfast! Never saw anyone! Convenience to the Parks is ideal, especially the 50 yard walk to Epcot. Having the opportunity to have the Early/Late hours at the parks is a must.
The pool here is awesome. Don't waste money going to one of the pool parks, unless that is why you come to Disney.
With a full Kitchen and Greengrocers.com a lot of money can be saved on food. The grocery prices are about what you would pay at home. There is a small delivery fee and you can place your order, online, several weeks before your arrival. Bell Services has refrigerators and freezers to store your food until you get checked in. Then they will bring the food up to your villa!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank billyfx
Rochester, New York
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The two best things about The Beach Club is the location transport - with easy walking distance to Epcot and Boardwalk, along with boat and bus transport options, and the second best thing is the pools! Lazy river, sand in pools, whirlpool, excellent pirate ship water slide and a great hot tub.

The hotel has that great Disney service and hospitality along with a lovely New England style decor and great views of the water, beach area and the Boardwalk. WiFi worked perfect for us in our room (just mentioning it because I noticed another reviewer had a problem with it, which I know can be frustrating but this was not the case for us).

The hotel is very nice and I like their gift shop which has a decent food prep along with basics for snacks as well as of course the Disney cloths, gifts and keepsakes.

The only thing I was surprised to see was that there is a need for carpet replacement and they had oddly chosen to replace some sections on the first floor with an odd selection of carpet tile/squares. This was likely temporary (I hope) but was surprising for Disney.

Our room, a studio, was roomy and comfortable. I loved the bed and slept well. We had a great balcony view of water at the rear of the hotel and could see turtles swimming, which the kids absolutely loved!

On one of our morning walks into Epcot at the resorts walkway entrance we talked and had our picture taken with Ariel - with no wait! Such a great touch!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank DisneyCrazed
Vancouver
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

My children loved the BCV. The pool was perfect for them and they couldn't get enough if it. Walk in access to Epcot is a big plus too.

We were in a one bedroom unit for our family of four. Kitchen was stocked well and the room layout was great! Everyone slept comfortably and we had lots of space!

The pool was fantastic, the staff was great. Camp fire and roasting marshmallows were a highlight for the children.

Stayed January 2013
Boston
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have stayed in the Epcot loop before at the Swan and Dolphin on multiple occasions. I figured we would try the Beach Club because of how large their pool was and I was with 2 young boys. The Villas was the only property with rooms available when I was going to be there so we figured we would give it a go. The theme is old school, northeastern beach and it was nice and comfortable. The staff was friendly at check in explaining the new magic bands to me and my kids. Our room was big and nice. Nothing special but in need of updating and a fresh coat of pain. We had a beautiful view of the road and trees from our balcony. It really was the little things that drove me crazy at this property. Inside a Disney hotel I expect everything to be perfect, especially for the price. Things like missing or nonfunctional television remotes, lamps that were not plugged in, electric box in the bathroom whose door would not lock, a bathroom sink that was partially clogged and would retain water easily, etc. However, the kicker was the WiFi. I was there for work, but had my boys with me to enjoy the parks. I could not access WiFi from my room on any device despite being able to get it in the lobby. When I called IT, I was told that there was nothing wrong with the WiFi but we were in a "busy" period (it was 10:30 pm). They told me that I should go to the lobby and when I told them that I would not leave my kids alone, they told me there was nothing they could do for me. Unreal. It seems like something so easy to resolve, but they could not or would not. It left a very bad taste in my mouth and took a very nice hotel and made it an unpleasant experience for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Niko137
Saugus, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I forgot to write a review after my September 2013 10 day stay at Disney's Beach Club Villas. It was our first time at the Beach Club (my husband, myself, and our almost 2y.o.). The resort is beautiful and super convenient. It's a 5minute walk to Epcot (great if you have dinner reservations and want to go back to your room to freshen up), a 5minute boat ride to Hollywood Studios (if you have to wait for the boat, it takes about 15 minutes or so), a short walk to The Swan and Dolphin, Disney's Yacht Club and to Disney's Boardwalk.
Our one bedroom villa was amazing. We had a room close to the concierge desk, which made walking a lot less! The only thing I did not like about the bathroom was all the doors to get in and out of it. But, it was really only inconvenient because my 2y.o. was constantly going in and out of the bathroom. The kitchen is small, but, had everything we needed. I do cook most of our meals on vacation so a villa is a must for us. We ordered out groceries through Gardengrocer.com. I highly recommend doing this if you cook most your meals in your room- they deliver your groceries to the hotel and then a bell hop delivers it to your room (has a LOT more options then at any of the disney markets-especially if you eat organic or on a special diet). Anyways, having a washer and dryer was also excellent- then I don't overpack! The living room and kitchen area is not big like some of the other Disney villas, but, honestly when there's so much to do around the resort, you don't spend as much time in the room. My mom came down for a few nights and stayed with us and we never felt overcrowded. She slept on the couch (she didn't pull it out though) and she said it was very comfortable.
The pool was amazing. The only thing I was surprised about was that the sand in the pool was very course. But, my husband told me that it would have to be so that it doesn't clog the filters. We strapped a vest on our little guy and he loved the pool. We found he did better swimming in the deeper sections of the pool instead of the toddler area. He became Nemo for the 10day trip!
Unfortunately, we did not make any reservations at any of the Beach Club restaurants, but, the character breakfast was highly recommended to me by other families I met by the pool. So next visit, I will probably book a character breakfast.
Also, all the staff was excellent! No complaints about check-in, bell service, housekeeping, concierge, or any other staff member at this resort! Everyone was very helpful and friendly.
We will definitely recommend this resort and will vacation there again! Love, love, love the Beach Club!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bmwmommy
Maine
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our family really loved this resort. You truly cant beat the pool. It is HUGE, has a lazy river, and a sand bottom. Myt children loved it. The pool area is right next to the ice cream shop and pool waitress will bring you drinks and food. We liked the fact that we could walk to Epcot in about 2 minutes. It was a great way to end the night. We had a room that allowed you to see the Epcot fireworks at night. We have stayed at several Disney Resorts and my children thought that this one moved to the top. The theme is beachy, New England and we are from Maine, so got a kick out of how they defined New England, but it was a lot of fun. The merchandise store was also quite large and had quite a selection of shirts and food. This is also one of the resorts that participates in the gingerbread displays at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family