“Love the pools!”

Ranked #101 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Vancouver
“Love the pools!”
Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

My children loved the BCV. The pool was perfect for them and they couldn't get enough if it. Walk in access to Epcot is a big plus too.

We were in a one bedroom unit for our family of four. Kitchen was stocked well and the room layout was great! Everyone slept comfortably and we had lots of space!

The pool was fantastic, the staff was great. Camp fire and roasting marshmallows were a highlight for the children.

Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Boston
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have stayed in the Epcot loop before at the Swan and Dolphin on multiple occasions. I figured we would try the Beach Club because of how large their pool was and I was with 2 young boys. The Villas was the only property with rooms available when I was going to be there so we figured we would give it a go. The theme is old school, northeastern beach and it was nice and comfortable. The staff was friendly at check in explaining the new magic bands to me and my kids. Our room was big and nice. Nothing special but in need of updating and a fresh coat of pain. We had a beautiful view of the road and trees from our balcony. It really was the little things that drove me crazy at this property. Inside a Disney hotel I expect everything to be perfect, especially for the price. Things like missing or nonfunctional television remotes, lamps that were not plugged in, electric box in the bathroom whose door would not lock, a bathroom sink that was partially clogged and would retain water easily, etc. However, the kicker was the WiFi. I was there for work, but had my boys with me to enjoy the parks. I could not access WiFi from my room on any device despite being able to get it in the lobby. When I called IT, I was told that there was nothing wrong with the WiFi but we were in a "busy" period (it was 10:30 pm). They told me that I should go to the lobby and when I told them that I would not leave my kids alone, they told me there was nothing they could do for me. Unreal. It seems like something so easy to resolve, but they could not or would not. It left a very bad taste in my mouth and took a very nice hotel and made it an unpleasant experience for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Niko137
Saugus, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I forgot to write a review after my September 2013 10 day stay at Disney's Beach Club Villas. It was our first time at the Beach Club (my husband, myself, and our almost 2y.o.). The resort is beautiful and super convenient. It's a 5minute walk to Epcot (great if you have dinner reservations and want to go back to your room to freshen up), a 5minute boat ride to Hollywood Studios (if you have to wait for the boat, it takes about 15 minutes or so), a short walk to The Swan and Dolphin, Disney's Yacht Club and to Disney's Boardwalk.
Our one bedroom villa was amazing. We had a room close to the concierge desk, which made walking a lot less! The only thing I did not like about the bathroom was all the doors to get in and out of it. But, it was really only inconvenient because my 2y.o. was constantly going in and out of the bathroom. The kitchen is small, but, had everything we needed. I do cook most of our meals on vacation so a villa is a must for us. We ordered out groceries through Gardengrocer.com. I highly recommend doing this if you cook most your meals in your room- they deliver your groceries to the hotel and then a bell hop delivers it to your room (has a LOT more options then at any of the disney markets-especially if you eat organic or on a special diet). Anyways, having a washer and dryer was also excellent- then I don't overpack! The living room and kitchen area is not big like some of the other Disney villas, but, honestly when there's so much to do around the resort, you don't spend as much time in the room. My mom came down for a few nights and stayed with us and we never felt overcrowded. She slept on the couch (she didn't pull it out though) and she said it was very comfortable.
The pool was amazing. The only thing I was surprised about was that the sand in the pool was very course. But, my husband told me that it would have to be so that it doesn't clog the filters. We strapped a vest on our little guy and he loved the pool. We found he did better swimming in the deeper sections of the pool instead of the toddler area. He became Nemo for the 10day trip!
Unfortunately, we did not make any reservations at any of the Beach Club restaurants, but, the character breakfast was highly recommended to me by other families I met by the pool. So next visit, I will probably book a character breakfast.
Also, all the staff was excellent! No complaints about check-in, bell service, housekeeping, concierge, or any other staff member at this resort! Everyone was very helpful and friendly.
We will definitely recommend this resort and will vacation there again! Love, love, love the Beach Club!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bmwmommy
Maine
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our family really loved this resort. You truly cant beat the pool. It is HUGE, has a lazy river, and a sand bottom. Myt children loved it. The pool area is right next to the ice cream shop and pool waitress will bring you drinks and food. We liked the fact that we could walk to Epcot in about 2 minutes. It was a great way to end the night. We had a room that allowed you to see the Epcot fireworks at night. We have stayed at several Disney Resorts and my children thought that this one moved to the top. The theme is beachy, New England and we are from Maine, so got a kick out of how they defined New England, but it was a lot of fun. The merchandise store was also quite large and had quite a selection of shirts and food. This is also one of the resorts that participates in the gingerbread displays at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tarashop23
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 3, 2013

To begin - this is for the Villas which is part of the Vacation Club. This resort shares the same services and amenities as the Beach Club Hotel. The Villa building sits right behind the main Hotel. Best way to describe - this is the warm fuzzy blanket you don't want to replace. We try new places each time we visit but it would be hard not go back to this one. There was something very calming and relaxing about this resort. There is only one villa building and it is five stories with elevators on either end so it is not a huge everlasting hallway to get to your room. I've read other reviews that this place is looking a little tired but I instead thought it felt well aged giving a cozy and calming feeling. Yes, a little dated but in a good way. And that is what I liked about it. Just a welcome home feeling. No glitz. No 3rd half bath. The old fashion layout with good old fashion charm! It also offered he best housekeeping service out of any of the properties we have visited and again I think this was because of the small size of the Villa property. Everything in our unit worked well. It was the most comfortable mattress on DVC property. We stayed in a large two bedroom (the second bedroom was huge) on the fifth floor that overlooked the quiet pool. Added bonus--Where else can you walk to see the Epcot evening fireworks then return home for a glass of wine to view the Magic Kingdom fireworks on your balcony while seeing the kids happily swimming below? Magical!!

Without a doubt the location and the pool are the reasons why you give this property a try especially if travelling with older children. And as other reviews already state - that part is Excellent! There is plenty to do within safe walking distance to keep everyone busy even when not in the parks. Great restaurants just outside your door. ...However don't be surprised if you leave wishing this was your home resort!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank ManyMilesStill2Go
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 27, 2013

You can't go wrong when choosing Disney's Beach Club Villas at Walt Disney World in Florida. The location is so close to the Boardwalk and EPCOT, access to both by just a relaxing walk. From the moment you walk in and are greeted with a smile until you arrive in your beach themed room, you will know that you made the right choice. Some rooms have balcony view of Illuminations in EPCOT! Plenty of room for 4 adults and the Marketplace allows you to pick up gifts and food items. Don't forget to try the Character breakfast or the evening Dinner "Clam Bake" Buffet in the Cape May Buffet Restaurant. A bit pricy but offers Crab legs, shrimp, clams or muscles in an all you can eat atmosphere along. The pool is huge and has a beach like sandy entrance and play area , not to mention the large wrecked ship slide. All of this around the lake. Transportation to all the parks is quick via boat or bus.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kathy F
Homestead, Florida
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Any of the properties located between Epcot Center and Hollywood Studios are a great find... Their location alone is well worth the price. Had the pleasure of staying here for a visit to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween last month. The resort, as expected, was immaculately clean and the service attentive and on point. As mentioned above the location is key... You can can walk to the Epcot Center from this resort as well as visit the boardwalk for evening entertainment. The only drawback is the lack of an actual sit down quick service restaurant on site (there is a food store that has quick meals available but no real indoor sitting options) aside from that it is an excellent resort.

Room Tip: Try it pick a room that will be as close as possible to the walk way to Epcot.