“Not impressed”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #110 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Stayed at this resort for Food and Wine October 2013, only because it is so hard to gert into and everyone I know raves about it. I was so disappointed. Firstly, we walked quite a distance to get to Epcot...we were in villa 474..furthest building from the park, closest to parking lot. The room needed lots of love and attention, the wall outside our shower was actually crumbling at the bottom. The whole resort needed attention, lights were out nightly all over the rsort. In fact, few outside lights were on at all at night...porches and walkways. When we checked in the garbage under the bathroom sink was unemptyed and had used feminine products sitting right on top. We promptly put it into the hallway. I just would prefer Boardwalk next time, we are not big pool people and other than the pool, there is nothing there that gets my vote.

Room Tip: Do not let them place you closest to the self parking lot....it is a long walk.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fuzzball91

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I traveled with 3 girlfriends in August. The decor of the rooms was pretty outdated and actually not as themed as I was anticipating. However, for 4 girls with suitcases that tend to explode after arrival, the layout and size of the room was great. We appreciated the kitchen, pull out bed, etc. We loved the sandy bottom pool- that was awesome. What really made this hotel was the location. We loved being able to walk to the Epcot entrance (between England and Italy) within 5 minutes, take a quick walk to the Boardwalk, and a short boat ride to Hollywood Studios. In the future, I think I'd try a different resort just to switch it up and maybe stay closer to Magic Kingdom or a place with Monorail access. But overall, this resort served it's purpose and we had no complaints!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mandaw2013
Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Beach Club Villas (or beach club) is the best place to say at Disney. I love being so close to Epcot and all of the great restaurants.. Being able to walk to Epcot, and the Board Walk is so convenient and I like the boat options too. The best part to me is the general atmosphere, it is just a really perfect place to vacation. And did I mention the pool!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank MandGBollinger
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We loved our Studio Villa for a quick pre-school September getaway. The Stormalong Bay pool was amazing (though a freak rainstorm drove us inside), and the access to EPCOT cannot be beat. We also enjoyed the intimate fun of the smaller DVC pool and hot tub.

The room was equipped with the standard DVC amenities: kitchenette with mini refrigerator, microwave, sink. Queen bed was comfortable, and we received no complaints from our son on the sofabed. We did not notice the wear and tear others have reported - everything in our room was lovely and clean.

Service was impeccable, check-in and out were a dream, parking was easy. Coming back from the parks, there was a giant dispenser of lemon water with cups in the lobby to help everyone cool off - a nice touch.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank marmtravel
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We just returned home after a full 10 days at Disney and Beach Club Villas. I don't know about some of these reviews. Our room was clean and beautiful. We stayed in a one bedroom and really enjoyed the kitchen and oven/microwave. The shower and bath area were great and we enjoyed the tub to give our kids a bath. We used the fold out queen bed for our kids and my wife and I used the king bed. We had all the pillows we needed, but we needed another blanket and when we asked, it was there in a few minutes. The hair dryer was broken, but was replaced within 10 minutes. We thought the beds were very comfortable. The pool and location to Epcot are amazing!!! I suggest looking at the map of the hotel when you get your room and map out the quickest way to the pool and Epcot. We found a great shortcut. The slide was the best!!! We also had great bus service. We also shopped and got some food from the Marketplace. I would love a little bit more of a selection or a little food court, but what they have was fine. We got some milk and a few odds and ends. It is pricey, but convenient. The lobby and main areas of the beach club were beautiful.

We are counting the days til we can book for next year and then return!!! We love the DVC and our home resort!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 429 (1 bedroom). It was close to elevators, Epcot, and the main lobby. We got ju...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Disney2013CandK
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Sadly we will never stay at the villas here again. We checked in to our 2 bedroom villa and it was nasty! It looked dirty the shower area literally had mold and all the furnishings were dinged up or broken. We called the front desk and they moved us to a different room. The second villa was worse! We called again and waited 30 minutes for the manager to come to our room to check it out. She was so disgusted that she requested we move to the actual beach club resort. She was heaven sent and we got a 2 bedroom suite at the concierge level and refunded us everything except one night stay. Everything else was horrible until she arrived i would be warned that these villas are dirty and need lots of love

• Stayed: September 2013
13  Thank rissamissa1234
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed with our three kids (1, 5, 7 year olds) in a one bedroom villa. It was just fine. It was tight, but the extra space (hotel room v/s 1 bedroom) was great. I was wanting a 2 bedroom, but they were sold out. We ended up on the ground floor with a patio looking out to the villa pool area. It was perfect, because we could just walk out our patio, straight to the pool...the kids could be watching TV or napping steps from us sitting in the sun partaking in a cocktail or two! The Beach Club is walking distance to Epcot, which is great if you like that park. My parents came and stayed in the adjacent hotel, Yacht Club, and they could watch the kids while hubby and I walked around Epcot. The kids weren't into the walking very much, but as they get older it would be nice. The pool area (with big pirate ship slide) was fun for the kids. BUT, the entrance to the slide was so far away from the exit, it was hard to keep track of them. So it felt better to have one of us go with them down the slides. There is a sandy bottom pool there as well...which really cool. It's not your typical sand - it was engineered specifically for their pool (I was told). It is thicker and doesn't float...it doesn't get stuck to your feet or in your pants (if you are sitting on the bottom with your kids playing) My one year old loved sitting in the sandy bottom pool. I enjoyed this property. There is a cafe eatery in the Beach Club where you can order sandwiches and etc...The line was long most of the time and kind of chaotic. But you can get all your essentials there...(frozen pizzas, fruit, beer, wine, lots of food and drink options to put in your fridge in your villa) so no need for a grocery store. Of course everything is overpriced, but it's Disney. Don't go unless you are willing to sell your left kidney;) Would love to say more...contact me if you want to chat. I'm a big Disney fan. A good website to go to is www.wdw.com - tells you lots of info on the parks and when to go and etc. Great site - I printed a ton of stuff from that site before I left. Also, if it's your first time to Disney with kids, I would suggest staying somewhere closer to Magic Kingdom (Bay Lake Towers) - it is walking distance to MK and has a great pool. Older kids? Beach Club or Yacht Club is great (they are connected hotels) both very nice.

Room Tip: If you have kids that nap - ask for a ground floor, that way you can sit outside by pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family