Just returned from 5 nights in a dedicated one-bedroom at Beach Club Villas. We are Disney Vacation Club members and have enjoyed previous stays at this resort. This time was an exception and we will not be returning to Beach Club Villas.
We checked in on a Tuesday with our only request not to have a Pool View, our past experience with Pool views were not good so guess what we got. A third floor pool view with no other options. To make matters worse it was 4 pm (check in time) and it was not even ready. Make sure you check in early - I assume this was our first mistake.
The room was clean though the tub did need a wipe down before using and we overlooked the BCV pool which was open until 11 pm, no big deal, should not be a problem. Well, every single night people were in the pool way past 11 pm, yelling, screaming, out of our 5 nights it was bad enough to have to call security 3 times, I've never had to do that. Others were also calling when we spoke to a front desk manager. If you are a light sleeper I would suggest avoiding this hotel. If you can sleep through anything you'll be fine. I think the time of year also did not help, Extra Magic Hours with parks open until 12 am or 2 am - so people want to go to the park and then swim, this was our second mistake (had to go at this time due to grad school).
Also, the room was abused - three out of four burners on the stove did not work until we disconnected and reconnected them. The fridge was leaning forward, the jacuzzi would decide to shut off on its own, a wheel broke in the dishwasher, a drawer was badly broken in the bedroom, and the ceiling fan made noises I did not think a ceiling fan was capable of making.
On a good note the sleeper sofa, I was told, was unbelievably comfortable. Air conditioning kept the place very comfortable and water pressure was good. Enjoyed the easy walk to Epcot and the Beach and Yacht Club Pool (which we overlooked during our stay in the Yacht Club earlier in the week and we never heard anything).
I spoke with a Disney Vacation Club person and he said this is a small resort and extremely popular (you can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios) it takes some serious abuse. Personally I don't think it is a very well constructed (insulated) building but that's just an opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leisure, elegance and romance converge at this charming New England-style Resort hotel. Delight in stately Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, enjoy exquisite dining and explore the pools, lagoons and whirlpool spas of Stormalong Bay. Sharing many amenities with its sisters, Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, Disney's Beach Club Villas is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Vacatia and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Villas Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disney Beach Club Villas
- Disney Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Villas