“Perfect Pre-Race Place”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #104 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Where to stay before the Princess Half-Marathon? May I suggest Beach Club Villas? uh YEAH! We (DH, DS, BFF) stayed in one of their 1BR Villas. It was the perfect size, perfect location. We had a delay on getting our room but was no biggie as BFF and I had to go to the Expo to check in for the race. Actually it was nice that the room was delayed as I am one of those must unpack as soon as I enter the room and instead, we left our cold food with bell services, hopped the bus to the Expo, and got to jump right into the Marathon madness. Bell Services was fantastic and separated our refrigerated food from our frozen food for us! Got back to room - food was already in the refrigerator. I can not tell you how great it was to have a full kitchen to prepare pre-race food. We were in room 420 - amazing room - ask for it if you can. Had two sets of balconies one of which was double wide and two story tall in the corner. We could see the fireworks at Epcot over the trees every night. Service for the run from the Beach Villas was fantastic. Everything was clearly labeled. Had other friends stay at different Disney resort and were nowhere near as pleased with the run coordination. The big Jacuzzi tub after the race was very welcoming. I hurt myself during the race and the spa at Beach Club was really helpful to my somewhat panicked husband. They loaded him up with ice bags and sent up a massage roller for me. That's Disney service for you. And speaking of which, our original bellman could tell was I was very nervous about my 1st half marathon and when he saw me the next day after the race he and the other bell people started clapping and hollering for me. Actually made me cry. As you can tell this was a fantastic trip with a fantastic room with fantastic service. When we can afford it, this is my all time favorite Disney resort and that is saying a lot as I have stayed at the Grand Floridian, The Polynesian, The Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside, Carribean, and Coronado Springs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ckhbrodt

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We like to stay at the 1 bedroom villa. It offers a full kitchen and separate bedroom. The villas are further back from the main pool (which is amazing with a lazy river and whirlpool), but the resort is so amazingly close to the EPCOT entrance and still walkable to Hollywood Studios. Boardwalk dining especially the Flying Fish Cafe is excellent. The only drawback to this resort is the quick service options, but with a kitchen, it is not really needed. We ordered groceries, wine and beer from the Garden Grocer prior to our arrival. The groceries were stored with the Beach Club bell services in a refrigerator until we were ready. Good prices, great service.

1  Thank Diane P
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My family of 6 adults stayed in a 2 bedroom suite. My husband and I stayed in the room with the king size bed. One son slept on the sofa bed in the living room. The remaining 3 adults slept in the second bedroom, 2 on the queen size bed and one on another sofa bed. There were 2 bathrooms. The bathroom of the master's bedroom had so many doors that I was often confused as to which one was for the toilet. The layout of this bathroom included a door for the toilet, a door for the shower, a door for the closet where the safe deposit box is, a door to the bedroom and a door to the living room. Too many doors! They could have saved themselves some money by putting in less doors. We did have a jacuzzi but never used it. Why would you want one when the pool area and additional pool and hot tub behind the hotel are so accessible? The space that the jacuzzi occupied could have been more useful for another purpose.

The kitchen had just one pot. It seems strange to have a whole kitchen and no cooking equipment. If they didn't want people to cook, they should have just made the kitchen smaller so that occupants can have more space.

The suite did not feel new. The hinges on some doors ( indeed, the plethora of doors!) were rusty. Although generally, the place was well maintained.

The hotel shares a pool with the Yacht Club next door. It is a nice pool area if you are not up to going to a water park.

The best thing about the hotel is its proximity to Epcot. Hollywood Studios is just a boat ride away. On previous visits, we have stayed at the Yacht Club. We still prefer the Yacht Club and will stay there instead on our next visit. The Villa was very expensive for the accommodations that we got.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We stay at the Beach Club often, and for me, it is the perfect location! This is a perfect spot if you're an adult couple alone, and just as excellent for your entire family! The resort grounds are amazing. You definitely get the beach vibe here.

The villas are always nicely maintained. We have never had an issue with our room. We most often get a 1 bedroom villa. I like having a washer and dryer in the room and a completely separate bedroom.

The food in the Beach Club store is wonderful. There is always a really nice variety - and don't forget to try those homemade potato chips! The sandwiches are freshly made and consistently delicious. The bakery/dessert sections were always nicely stocked with new treats.

Don't miss checking out the pool! The sand bottom is fantastic! The Beach Club is my favorite resort. I love being a 5 minute walk from Epcot. The Boardwalk always is an enjoyable walk, and there are plenty of food choices.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank disneymar
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Admittedly, when you want to visit the Disney theme parks, it's convenient to stay at a Disney hotel. Naturally you will be charged what the market will bear. Fine, but you hope to get a nice room, suitable for a family with children. In my opinion, we didn't.

Our 1-bedroom suite cost over $700 a day. It was relatively cramped. The bathroom occupied a lot of space and had a jacuzzi bathtub which no one used, but only one toilet. The shower stall was clear glass, and located on the way to the toilet, so for the most part only one person at a time could use the bathroom. There was a fully-equipped kitchenette, which we also didn't use. The unit seems to have been designed as a vacation-club weekly-ownership unit, that perhaps didn't sell and so was converted to ordinary hotel use.

The restaurants were not up to expectations. See my reviews for Cape May (mediocre food) and Beaches and Cream (rude staff). There is no 24-hour coffee shop.

On the plus side, most of the staff were warm and helpful, and the hotel had nice "period" architecture.

1  Thank MannyG2000
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at the Beach Club Villas in a 2 bedroom villa at the beginning of March. We are DVC members and try to visit every year. I have to admit, I was somewhat concerned after reading some of the reviews that mentioned that things were looking somewhat run down in the villas. Happily, we did not see or experience anything like that. Our villa was clean and everything was in good shape. (although perhaps the stove may have seen its better days....) We had 6 adults and 2 small children in our party and we had plenty of room in our unit. As usual, all the staff were friendly and helpful. As usual, Stormalong Bay is the best pool in Disney and as usual, a great time was had by all even though the weather didn't cooperate at first and it was FREEZING! But after a day or two, the weather warmed up and we were able to take advantage of both of the pools....it's very nice to visit the Villas' quiet pool late in the afternoon after a day at the parks. I would still recommend this resort to all.....the lobby, grounds and location can't be beat.

2  Thank beachfamilyBostonMa
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We have been staying at the Beach Club Resort at Disney World for over 14 years, but this year we stayed in two one-bedroom villas at the BC because we were here with grandkids. It was great - a really good choice for families who want space and a kitchen.

All the Beach Club atmosphere and amenities are here. The villas are perfectly furnished and outfitted, and have access to all hotel services including room service and luggage assistance.

We found nothing at all not to love. The Beach Club is a joy - Stormalong Bay (the private water park for BC and Yacht Club guests to use) is perfect - the most enjoyable pool anywhere.

Very highly recommended.