“Best resort on property”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #104 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family has stayed at several different Disney resorts over the last 13 years, and the Beach Club Villas is by far our favorite. Obviously, having a 2 bedroom villa with a living room and kitchen makes a huge difference, but I also love the location. It also has the best pool on property. Stormalong Bay is practically a mini-waterpark in itself. It's a huge pool, reserved for Beach and Yacht Club guests only. We always take a day or 2 away from the parks to rest our feet and 'recharge', and Stormalong Bay is the perfect place to do that. You can also walk or take a quick boat ride to Disney Hollywood Studios, and you can easily walk to Epcot World Showcase in about 5 minutes. Of course, the Beach Club Villas are a lot more expensive than most other resorts, but you get what you pay for. We like to stock the kitchen with simple breakfast foods; cereals, fruit, pastries, etc. and eat breakfast in the room. It saves time in the morning and saves hundreds of dollars over the course of a 10 day vacation. The Villas also have washers and dryers in the rooms, so if you need to do laundry, no more sitting at one of the laundromats for 2 hours waiting for your clothes. Do it in the privacy of your own room. The villas have 2 bedrooms, 2 baths with a huge tub in the master bathroom, a living room with a couch and TV, and a kitchenette with a full size fridge. And, the living room couch is also a pullout bed. We are not DVC members, so we go there on a cash reservation and take advantage of daily maid service, etc. In my opinion, you cannot beat it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BeanoC

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Although, it's beginning to look a little dated, it is still my absolute favorite place to stay with my family. The location is unbelievable. You can walk to the Boardwalk, Epcot and Hollywood Studios (less bus time - yeah!). We also walked to the Fantasia Gardens miniature gold too. The kids loved that. The pool is so much fun. The character breakfast is nice too. Goofy, Minnie and Donald are usually there. My daughter was frightened by the characters but Donald was very patient. He sat across from her and started coloring in her coloring book. It fascinated her and she quickly calmed down. For the rest of the trip, she wasn't afraid of the characters. I've never had bad service at the Beach Club. The conceirge desk was very helpful when I lost my charger for my camera. They sent a runner to a local radio shack to buy a replacement for me. I never expected that. It saved the day!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elizabeth M
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I am sorry, but what the heck is all the hype about???

The Great ~
Check-in, we were helped by Rony and he was simply wonderful. As soon as I stepped out of our car, he was at my side checking me in as we walked. He had all my info within 3-4 minutes, asked me to wait right here a moment and re-appeared in 2 minutes with our room keys. Supe, but there is where the magic stops as far as BCV.

The good ~
Concierge was friendly and nice.

The so-so ~
The front desk. I went to the front desk only one time, to pay our charge bill with Disney Gift Cards. She was nice, but got all flustered when she saw an actor from her favorite TV show. Not only that, she had no idea how to take the gift cards. So what should have taken 3-4 minutes, took 25, while my husband waited outside in the car becoming more and more annoyed. I know this may be a surprise to the resort staff, but those park tickets are pricey and I would rather get to the park than deal with an undertrained, star-struck cast member. Is it too much to ask, just get your job done in a friendly manner, while wearing a big smile please.

The 'whats the big deal' ~
if this is supposed to be the best pool in all the Disney resorts, then they need to visit some other, nearby, none-Disney Resorts. Sure the pool is fun and has a small area of sand, but give me a break, those of us who have stayed off-property have seen some far nicer pools. Furthermore I have never before seen pool chairs packed so tightly together. Not even at WaterWorld in Denver.

The 'is this a joke?' ~
The fitness room is at the Yacht Club. For being shared with 3 large resorts, it is TINY!! pretty lame.

The Yuck ~
Oh my gosh, when we walked into our 1 bedroom #345, I thought we had entered a cheap, furnished, low-budget apartment. The furnishing look and feel cheap. The paint colors are gross. The bed is as hard as an ER examination table. And the bed sheets must be the cheapest I have ever had to sleep on before. The bathroom configuration with more doors than hangers in the joke-of-a-closet is simply nuts.

The AWESOME ~
Has nothing to do with the resort itself. The new room keys are just so cool! In addition to charging privileges, they were able to put our park tickets we brought with us onto our room key. This was a first for us. Pretty sure this transfer of tickets onto the room key is new. And now that we are in OKW (a 10000 x's better btw), OKW transferred our park tickets onto our room key here. There is also a special line for people with room-key park tickets for entry into the parks. The was no line at all! just walk up, tap your card, scan your finger, and wahla, you are in. Was very cool!

Conclusion ~ I think if all DVC members ever stayed at any of the other nearby resorts, for 1/4-1/10 the price, they would feel jipped, that is just IMHO. Yes, there are some perks related to the parks when staying on property, but if BCV is supposed to be one of the best DVC resorts to stay at, then I am so glad we saved 10K+ and bought a couple of RCI & II timeshares. We have stayed at 8 other nearby resorts and they ALL where better than BCV. Sorry DVC owners, please, no offense intended, just calling it as I see it from our POV.

5  Thank LadyFan55
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Have wanted to stay here for years and it lived up to all my expectations. Freindly staff, excellent service and no one does ambiance like Disney. The pool was great! Liked it so much we joined the Disney Vacation Club so could keep coming back.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband, my 3 years old and I stayed in a studio at the Beach Club Villas for 6 nights and we really enjoyed our stay.

The hotel location is great to visit Epcot. The boat rides are a fun way to go on the boardwalk and to shop or have a bite.

The Villas section is very quiet and perfect for families. Although, the furniture is outdated and the beds would need to be replaced soon (the sofabed was actually more comfortable than the bed). When we made our reservation, we didn’t know that the rooms in the main building were renovated (the pictures posted on the Website were not updated at the time) and that we could ask for a microwave to be added to our room.

After discussing with the front desk staff, they suggested that next time we stay in a main building room that includes mini-fridge and ask for a microwave.

The staff of this hotel is one of the most dedicated one I have seen. We will for sure go back to this hotel next time we go to Disney.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Annie C
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Room was nice and we had a very large balcony... It was just myself 35 and my wife 30.. First time staying at a DVC resort and maybe it was just timing but the staff was not as friendly or helpful as the other resorts that we've stayed at Disney... We go to DW at least twice a year... It also felt like it was geared toward retirees... The Boardwalk is certainly more our speed and in our opinion much better service...

A posative would be that the Yacht and Beach club has the most amazing pool on property with beaches and a really cool pirate slide... If you are heck bent on staying at the Yacht and Beach Club, Id highly recommend the Yacht club over the Beach club for two main reasoons..

1. The staff is much more helpful and friendly at the Yacht Club.

2. The Yacht Club is where all the restaurants, bars, pool ect.. are located..

P.S. the bearded bartender at the ESPN club needs to go he's been there sense the place openned and now believes that it is his place and you are disturbing him to say the least beyond that Gili is still there and still amazing!!!!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We stayed here one night prior to spending 6 nights at the Yacht Club. Check in was slow as we had someone "earning their ears". The common areas - lobby, solarium, etc. - were well kept and updated.

The sandwich I ordered at the marketplace deli was among the worst I have ever eaten - not fit for anyone.

The room - a studio - was very, very very outdated. The couch looked like it came from my fraternity house circa 1996.

The bed, however, was the most comfortable disney property bed I have ever experienced.

The only real problem we experienced was when we called the bell stand and asked them to get our luggage and take it to the Yacht Club. They refused saying they had to transfer it as opposed to just wheel it over there. They were not nice about it. The bell service within Disney leaves a lot to be desired.

This was the very definition of an average property.

1  Thank KeithAHall