We returned to the Beach Club in November, and stayed in a 1 bedroom villa. We are DVC members. We have been to/stayed at most of the DVC properties and for us, this is the only one. There are others that feel the same way about Wilderness Lodge, or Bay Lake; that's what makes the world go round. It's just our opinion. We just really enjoy everything about the beautiful property, incredible location and endless options. That said, we did have a bit of an issue with the room this year, and it's actually part of a growing theme with our Beach Club stays: the rooms need a facelift. The good news is that I emailed DVC about this and got a response indicating that one is forthcoming, starting in early 2014.
The issues are just generally age related; wear and tear, like cabinet doors that fall off the hinges or toilet paper holders that fall off the wall. Marker/crayon all over the couch. Worn out carpet, fridge shelves that are broken and unusable.
But it really never matters. While we've noticed more of this type of thing since our first stay in 2009, we hardly let it affect us. The beds are comfortable, everything "works", and really, how much time are we in the room? They are attentive to the cleaning if you pay for it like we do (as DVC members on points you don't get housekeeping included), they respond to any issues and, most importantly, they know the issue exists because they're going to fix it starting in about a year. I only give this place 4 stars because of these issues, but again, the good things about the property so far outweigh these minor inconveniences.
The Beach Club has the best pool on Disney property, and is within walking distance of 2 parks (Hollywood studios, 15-20 minutes; Epcot, 5 minutes). There are endless food options, with the World Showcase at Epcot at your backdoor, the Boardwalk next door and the Cape May Cafe seafood buffet in the hotel restaurant. We did REALLY enjoy the Food & Wine festival this year, we had only been on the last Saturday of the 6 week festival in the past and it was always a mob scene. We got to enjoy it mid-week, with light crowds. We would often return in the evenings for dinner after eating lunch by snacking our way around the "world". We really enjoyed it. We also got to take the DVC preview tour of the new Fantasyland with very few people there, which was nice, because my daughters really enjoyed it.
If anybody has any specific questions, I'd be glad to try to help. We are very familiar with all the DVC properties and we do a lot of eating out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leisure, elegance and romance converge at this charming New England-style Resort hotel. Delight in stately Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, enjoy exquisite dining and explore the pools, lagoons and whirlpool spas of Stormalong Bay. Sharing many amenities with its sisters, Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, Disney's Beach Club Villas is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Villas Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disney Beach Club Villas
- Disney Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Villas