“Excellent resort for the perfect family vacation”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #105 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 28, 2012

First off, let me start by saying that I would have given the resort a 5/5 if not for a few issues. First, the carpets in the hall were quite worn and dirty - not something I expected to see at the Beach Club. Second, the building temperature. I like a nice cool lobby as much as the next guy, but it was absolutely frigid! We actually had to travel with a blanket for our 9 month old to use between the room and the bus stop. Third, construction! I understand expansion and renovation, but someone really needs to control the people driving machinery on the sidewalk - maybe block off the sidewalk for a few minutes.

This was our second stay at the Beach Club and this time was in a 1 BR Villa. Personally, I think Disney takes better care of the non-DVC properties based on my extensive stays in both. The room was nice and spacious. I agree with other reviewers that the couch could have been cleaner. Other than that, the room was comfortable and clean. Housekeeping was very good and we were never short on anything. Bell services was also outstanding as we were traveling with quite a bit of luggage and had ordered groceries that they delivered to our room.

All in all, I would recommend the Beach Club and Beach Club Villas to anyone staying at Walt Disney World. The location is one of the best if not the best. You can walk to Epcot or Hollywood Studios and you can stroll the Boardwalk at night.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Just returned (9/27) from a great 4 night stay at the Beach Club Villas. My father and stepmother have a DVC membership and we are blessed to go about every 18 months. We had a one bedroom for myself, wife and two daughters ages 7 & 4. We also had a lockoff for my Dad, Stepmother and sister.
This resort is amazing. Our room did not seem dated and I loved every detail. And what a perfect location. Easy bus ride to MK and quick walk to Epcot. You cannot beat the location. Stormalong Bay was incredible. My 4 year old had the guts to go down the big slide which was fantastic.
I cannot speak highly enough of this resort. Typical Disney - Great service, clean and just a great time!

2  Thank JYDAWGS
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed in a 1 bedroom, at beach club villas in may 2012. The room was dated, but clean. Some wear and tear throughout. Could tell that the couch hadnt been cleaned- possibly never, because it had plenty of water stains, probably from many dripping wet kids post-pool. The pool was amazing! Huge pirate ship water slide- kids were so excited about that! They also had fun making sand castles near the edge of the pool. We knew to get kids meals from the quick service restaurant poolside, because it would come with a pail and shovel, which is why we didn't need to bring our own. They also had fun during the mid-day pool party, with plenty of water games, and great radio Disney music. We also loved how close the walk was to Epcot, since that's our favorite theme park. We had a park hopper, which made it possible to just walk over and eat dinner at the world showcase after we came back from another theme park. And the entrance to that side of the park had zero lines. We also walked to Hollywood studios, which was a hike and we probably wouldn't do it again. Waiting for the boat took a while, Most likely because we went during star wars weekends. One last thing I wanted to mention, which you were probably waiting to hear about was the alligator.... Yes, we saw an alligator in the lake when we were crossing the bridge on our last day! People were stopping to take pictures. It was a pretty good size! On that last day, my husband made us walk to the car instead of picking us up at the edge of the parking lot, because the lake does lead to the parking lot, with only trees and bushes acting as a barrier. I think back to all the days I waited there alone with three small children though, and wonder what I would have done, if an alligator decided to meet us there....

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank Mary Ann D
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I have just returned from a 14 night holiday at the beach club villas and i can honestly say the whole experience was wonderful.I have been travelling to disney world nearly every year since 1982 and i have been a member of disney vacation club for 18 year,s so i do know a little bit about disney resort,s. The resort is within walking distance to Epcot .The feature pool is probably the best pool in disney and the quiet pool,s are also very nice.The restaurant,s are all very good the best being the yachtsman which is a signature restaurant i have stayed in most of the vacation club resort,s and i think other than OLD KEY WEST which was the first resort and obviously the best for that reason the BEACHCLUB comes a very close second and i will be returning in 2013!

7  Thank maureendavies55
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have stayed here 3 times over the last decade. I traveled with my parents, sister, and my three children. As always Disney provides a magical atmosphere for families. I love the pool, and restaurants at this hotel. We always do the character breakfast at Cape May's and I have had the Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Dreams. I love that the pool has crushed quartz on the bottom, the zero depth area is great for babies. And watching Pirates of the Caribbean on the beach at night was a big hit!!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The resort is beautiful but not as nice as some other Disney resorts. The proximity to EPCOT and access to the boardwalk are it's best features. The lobby, grounds and rooms are nice enough, but not as colorful or fresh as Saratoga Springs or the Boardwalk. The decor seems a little stale and dated. A very nice hotel, just not my taste.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AHayes
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed 5 nights here, wish it had been longer. Stunning resort, beautifully presented, and in a great location. Bright, airy and very clean and comfortable. My favourite WDW resort so far. Amazing swimming pool area, and a lovely beach setting to watch movies or toast marshmallows over an open fire. Suitable for families or couples. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends