We just returned from 8 nights in a 2 bedroom villa at the Beach Club Villas (May 12-20). This was our second stay in a 2 bedroom villa at this resort and we knew it would be wonderful. We were a party of 6, with ages ranging from 63 - 7.
Check in was great, we arrived at 6am (we took the red eye from California) and were surprised to learn that our room was already available. Our room (344) was clean and well stocked; we even had the Mickey's towel on our beds. The previous guests had left a couple items in the washer and they were still there but it didn't bother us, we just quickly disposed of them. All three TV's were flat screens, which was an upgrade since our last visit. Later in the day I called Mousekeeping for a DVD player (ours was missing) and 8 extra pillows and they were promptly delivered. Our room had a view of France and the Swan hotel with lots of beautiful trees.
The entire resort was clean and well kept. Never once did I see room service trays left in the hallways for long periods and I saw that the hall carpets were constantly being cleaned. The Cast Members we encountered were friendly, but they could have been even friendlier. There was construction going on in the DVC portion of the resort but there wasn't any inconvenience or noise that bothered us. As DVC owners we appreciate the constant maintenance and improvement of the facilities.
While at the resort we took in all amenities. We ate at Beaches and Cream a couple times and their food and service are wonderful. We ate at Cape May for breakfast on our last day and really enjoyed the buffet food items and character interaction. We also picked up breakfast from the Marketplace and the food was good. Stormalong Bay is the best pool on Disney property. My kids (9 and 7) love the sand bottom pool, water slide, poolside activities for kids and watching all the wildlife at the resort (ducks and rabbits). Be sure not to get too close to the ducklings, the mother ducks abandon the ducklings once humans have had contact with them. It's quite sad, the Cast Members try to educate resort guests of this but many do not listen. Other delights at this resort include the evening campfire with s'more roast and watching movies on the beach.
Transportation can't be beat at the Epcot resorts (both the Beach Club and the Boardwalk). You can walk or take an enjoyable boat ride to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Plus the Fantasia Gardens mini golf course is just across the street from the Swan Hotel, within walking distance. You can also walk to the Hess gas station if you want to purchase snack items at prices cheaper than the resort store.
This resort is a gem. My family loves it and we can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Leisure, elegance and romance converge at this charming New England-style Resort hotel. Delight in stately Studios and multi-bedroom Villas, enjoy exquisite dining and explore the pools, lagoons and whirlpool spas of Stormalong Bay. Sharing many amenities with its sisters, Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, Disney's Beach Club Villas is walking distance to Epcot and a convenient boat ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Beach Club Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney`s Beach Club Villas Hotel Orlando
- Disneys Beach Hotel
- Disney Beach Club Villas
- Disney Beach Hotel
- Disneys Beach Club Villas