“Wonderful stay at the Beach Club Villas and we'll definitely be back!”

Disney's Beach Club Villas
Ranked #99 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Lincoln, CA
“Wonderful stay at the Beach Club Villas and we'll definitely be back!”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

We just returned from 8 nights in a 2 bedroom villa at the Beach Club Villas (May 12-20). This was our second stay in a 2 bedroom villa at this resort and we knew it would be wonderful. We were a party of 6, with ages ranging from 63 - 7.

Check in was great, we arrived at 6am (we took the red eye from California) and were surprised to learn that our room was already available. Our room (344) was clean and well stocked; we even had the Mickey's towel on our beds. The previous guests had left a couple items in the washer and they were still there but it didn't bother us, we just quickly disposed of them. All three TV's were flat screens, which was an upgrade since our last visit. Later in the day I called Mousekeeping for a DVD player (ours was missing) and 8 extra pillows and they were promptly delivered. Our room had a view of France and the Swan hotel with lots of beautiful trees.

The entire resort was clean and well kept. Never once did I see room service trays left in the hallways for long periods and I saw that the hall carpets were constantly being cleaned. The Cast Members we encountered were friendly, but they could have been even friendlier. There was construction going on in the DVC portion of the resort but there wasn't any inconvenience or noise that bothered us. As DVC owners we appreciate the constant maintenance and improvement of the facilities.

While at the resort we took in all amenities. We ate at Beaches and Cream a couple times and their food and service are wonderful. We ate at Cape May for breakfast on our last day and really enjoyed the buffet food items and character interaction. We also picked up breakfast from the Marketplace and the food was good. Stormalong Bay is the best pool on Disney property. My kids (9 and 7) love the sand bottom pool, water slide, poolside activities for kids and watching all the wildlife at the resort (ducks and rabbits). Be sure not to get too close to the ducklings, the mother ducks abandon the ducklings once humans have had contact with them. It's quite sad, the Cast Members try to educate resort guests of this but many do not listen. Other delights at this resort include the evening campfire with s'more roast and watching movies on the beach.

Transportation can't be beat at the Epcot resorts (both the Beach Club and the Boardwalk). You can walk or take an enjoyable boat ride to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Plus the Fantasia Gardens mini golf course is just across the street from the Swan Hotel, within walking distance. You can also walk to the Hess gas station if you want to purchase snack items at prices cheaper than the resort store.

This resort is a gem. My family loves it and we can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Politely ask for the best room available.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank DisneyFan1974

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
dekopps@aol.com
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I stayed in a studio at the villas and loved it! I am a dvc member and I am trying to stay at all the villas on property. This was definitely a favorite. Loved how close the villa was to the main hotel. The location and proximity to Epcot can't be beat. How great to look out the window and see the tower of terror and the effiel tower in France I have stayed at quite a few Disney properties but the beach club had the best customer service hands down. I really felt like a VIP there!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank mekopp
jacksonvlle
Reviewed May 24, 2011

we made a reservation online and chose this place only because our friends were there as it was quite expensive. we thought we would get our money's worth with great service and it offered attractive amentities for the kids we saw on the website. however not the case as we found as there was construction going on with large boom lifts on the property with workers that made my girls uncomfortable trying to play on the grass and sand areas close to the boardwalk. getting in late we dropped our bags and found the room to be quite small for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. we settled in later and found our room faced a noisy street that kept me up along with the maid knocking on the door at 8am to clean our room. I was bothered by this and she knew it but came back the next day at 8am to only this time entered our room when I didn't get to the door in time trying to find my pants. This is absurd as check out was at 11am and she is trying to get in at 8am. Even on Friday we saw a breakfast being served at their cafe and when the waitress came we asked for a menu and she said all that was offered was the buffet. we thought it couldn't be that expensive but our to suprise again they charged us 24.99 for each of us including my 11& 13 year old. Their was no carving station or nothing fancy to warrant 24.99. There was no signage of the cost entering the cafe or on the table. Looking at the website again it says the cost of the food in the cafe was from $15 - 35. I was upset but did not want to make a scene in front of the kids as they ate did not eat much. The place is just a rip off all over as they take advantage of folks with their hidden costs and agenda as we were charged resort fees and taxes charged for each of us (4) that was not mentioned a the time of making the reservations. We only used the pool because we could not use the volleyball area while we (not the hotel) were conserened about our children's safety etc. I tried to discuss my concerns with management after we got home so I could get it all down in writing but that was a waste of time as it took 3 weeks to get any kind of response. Basically they don't care about guests having a terrible expereince as they just come and go there and hope that the ones that complain will do just that and not come back.

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank caquino
Marlborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We stayed in a Studio in the beach club villas for 7 nights and we could have stayed longer. There are tons of activities for free- movies, cooking marshmallows, the water park and local area pools. We had a delightful time with our 3 and 5 year old. We walked the boardwalk, took the ferry. Rode the surrey bikes.. by the time we left we still had not done all the resort offered. I thought it would be difficult to stay in a studio with my toddlers but we had a great time. We could see the Epcot fireworks from our deck. The kids loved ending our day with fireworks. It was magical. We'd read some books while we waited for the fireworks. We bought the drink mugs and got coffee and hot cocoas when we left our room each morning. There's only a microwave and no dish washer in the studios but I brought plastic silver ware with us and lots of canned and microwavable foods. We really enjoyed ourselves and look forward to our next week at Disney! Easy access to Epcot and many hotels from this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for one that you can see the epcot fireworks.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank qualtyk9
New York
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This hotel was a slice of heaven! Were DVC members and stayed at a 2 bedroom villa, me, hubby and my parents. We were in room 104, we were close to the quite pool and had 3 patios. Although the patios, the living and dining area are smaller then, BLT and SS, it was still fine for us! The room came with everything we needed. It was a pleasure to be able to walk around the Boardwalk, walk to EPCOT and take the boat to DHS. As in previous comments from others, i didnt NOT find this room to be worn out or showing any age, it was clean, comfortable and very functional. My sister got married at Disney last week and i had invited the family over for a desert reception and it worked out beautifuly! I would definately stay here again!

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank Donny1113
Maine
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I couldn't sit and read all the bashing of the Beach Club Villas without contradicting! Firstly, the Beach Club Villas are wonderful! The room in March '11 was newly updated with new carpets and upholstery. The staff is friendly although we miss Art the greeter. The pools were all open. My grandsons had a wonderful time doing the pool activities. The pool bar has nice high top tables and chairs and umbrellas, all newly updated. I know the sandy bottom pool has been completely refurbished because they were working on it during our last in visit '10.
I read a complaint about the Boadwalk's room set up and it's probably similar to Beach Club. A 2 bedroom has several ways it can be set up. You can have a lock off which is a studio and 1 bedroom combined which gives 2 entrances from the hall into the rooms. There is also a dedicated 2 bedroom where there is only 1 entrance from the hall. The 2nd bedroom can have 2 queen beds or 1 queen and a sofa bed. If you are particular in what you want then specify when making the reservation. There are only certain types of rooms by the pool. So if you want a 2 bedroom by the pool but have asked for 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom chances are it's not going to happen. They may only have 1 of this room type by the pool and it happened to have been rented the night before you arrived! I find it best not to specify anything. Certainly, don't walk up to registration looking like Grumpy, you'll end up exactly where you don't want to be!!!
I am a DVC member at Beach Club, Animal Kingdom and Bay Lake Towers. The Beach Club is by far my favorite. The location right off Epcot's back door is fantastic! The hotel isn't as spread out as Animal Kingdom. It's not as high as Bay Lake Towers ( geesh talk about ruining a vacation for a acrophobic!) The BLT being part of the Contemporary is very modern with a convention like atmosphere. Beach Club has a warm homey feeling. But, the pool, that fantastic sandy bottom pool, is why I bought it and it hasn't disappointed me yet!
Kim

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank 1phat_chef
Whitefield, Maine
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I am righting this review because when I got my beach club survey this year. It told me that it quota was met. I think that some of the issue that we incurred should be known. I want to say that I have been a DVC member since 2002. I have stay at the Beach Club Villas Six times. I am not sure if the bad economy is taking is toll on Disney but for the cost it should be better. First when I check in I spoke with a new trainee. I was there early so I would get the best rooms that were available. I stated that I would like a pool view away from the elevator. Well he came back will one with a garden view right at the elevator. I have stayed here so much that I know the room number. I then ask for a manger to check me in she was able to move me away from the elevator and sort of a pool view. I did asks If there were any coming free the next day that had a real pool view that I could move to and she stated that there would be a charge for the move even know I have four different registrations (that's what you have to do sometime to get eight days in a row) In years past this was never a issue. Later that day I did see some moving into a stdio with a better view. Anyway we got to our room open the door and smell like dirty feet. The first thing my girls said was they did not make a mickey with the towels on the beds. I know thats a little stupid but it is what they look forward to every year. As we started look over the room we found every thing was dirty the tables bed stands were sticky will something. At that point I head to a department store to get cleaning stuff. It took us about two hours to clean the room we use carpet fresher to get rid of the smell and a roll of paper towels to clean it. The bathroom was gross there was pee under the seat and hair in the tub. I just want to say that we do like to clean a little when we go in hotel rooms like the remote and phone with wipes but this was bad. So that night we went to the parks and came back at around ten or so and open the deck door and the room filled up with bugs. We had thought we left the outside light on. We looked every were for the light switch and could not find it. So I called down to house keeping they told me that there was no switch and the light stayed on all the time. As i look around the hotel there was only about ten rooms that had the light on. So that night we lived with the light coming in around the door shade So the next morning I called housekeeping and spoke with a manger they stated that they could come up and remove the bulbs that day and we would be all set. Well the next night came and this time we were out until 1 am got back and it was still on so i call again. They said that the work order was closed and it was done and it was off because it was light out and It was on a sensor. I thought that this was funning since no one had come to the room. I asked her about no one coming white we were there and she stated that she would make sure that someone did it . Well the night came and it was sill on so I call again They stated that someone would be right up I said I was going to dinner and would be back later and I hope it would be out. Well we came back at 9pm and I was still on this time I called and flipped on someone and said I was going to find Lynne Flinn the manger if it was not off when I got back tonight. Well it was out this time. Five calls to get this done and three days. So the we went to the storm-a-long bay pool this is one of the reason we stay at the Beach Club this pool is awesome and we love it well not this year. First thing we jump in the jump right back out it was not heated this year it was so cold. and the bottom was full of duck pupee. Well after awhile we got used to the cold and wanted to do the slide. Well they did not have enough water coming down it and every section were it was put together hurt your back we only went down one time. Also the big twister whirlpool inside the pool was not working and one hot tubes was out. It was like this all week. Needless to say we use the little pool all week. my kids like to get the bracelet's for all eight days and keep them on there arms until they get home well they got two. Things were rolling along good well day four came and went and the trash was getting full and we realized that the maid service never came on the schedule day. So we saw a manger In the lobby and asked about it She stated that she would check it out and send some up well we did not see anyone on day five. The next day we called and they said they would send some up well we did not see anyone that night we call again some came right up but she had a vacuum cleaner and wanted to do the floor. We stated to her that we need trash and towels, well she left and never came back another call on day seven and they came up and did it. There is other small stuff that I won't get into but this is Disney and It should not happen. Let me stated that we are long time visitor of Disney and have been annual pass-holders for along time. Thing like this never happen and I hope that this is not a sign of the times and will be like this next year. We did stay at the Hilton Parc Soliel the first week we were down and never had an issue. Thanks Bill Ackerson Whitefield Maine

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family