We stayed at the Villas Wilderness Lodge in a Studio for 4 ngts, 11/18 - 11/22. Although I'd been hesitant to stay here, my friend very much wanted to try the Resort and we were fortunate to find a studio available during a very busy time when the resort was sold out.
The studio was larger than expected and in very good condition. It was a corner room with a balcony and side window (view of quiet pool), which made for a lot of natural light. VWL does not boast great views, but ours was quite nice: the lake through pine trees, but the trees were not dense, so we were able to see and hear the Electrical Water Pageant if we were in the room when it passed at 9:35 each night. We could also see the top of the Magic Kingdom fireworks (Wishes) from the the side window and balcony.
We found the theme at the Villas to be much nicer and more understated than the Lodge - The Villa rooms and public areas are rustic, yet with a soft elegance. Rocking chairs inside and out - fireplaces and lovely areas to sit or gather.
We had to contact a housekeeping manager for an issue unrelated to housekeeping/room cleanliness (one of us had a medical issue and we asked for a bit later check out time, which is nearly impossible to accommodate in the Villas) - she went out of her way to assist us. We found Cast Members at the front desk, shop and dining, to be excellent - warm, kind and very friendly.
We would not hesitate to recommend the Villas (not the Lodge due to narrow hallways, rooms in need of refurbishment, noisy).
Both the Villas and Lodge were decorated for the holidays by Friday morning (11/19) and truly beautiful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recalling the 1860's railroad hotels of the American West, The Villas offer the comforts of home amid the rustic beauty of Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Relax on the white-sand beach, explore trails through lush meadows and delight in the enchanting Silver Creek Springs Pool. Just a breezy boat ride to Magic Kingdom park, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrate American craftsmanship and the majesty of the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Disney`s Wilderness Hotel Orlando
- Hotel At Disneys Wilderness
- Hotel At Disney Wilderness
- The Villas At Disneys Wilderness Lodge