“2 bedroom multigenerational stay”

Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Ranked #79 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Dunkirk, Maryland
“2 bedroom multigenerational stay”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

My parents took us to the villas- my husband, me, our 8 year old, and our 2 year old. We shared a 2 bedroom villa facing Bay Lake and loved it. The villa was clean and spacious. Our bedroom had 2 queens, a walk in closet, and a split bath. The real draw here is the peaceful atmosphere. Sitting on our spacious balcony, you would never guess that the Magic Kingdom was an easy 10 minute boat ride away. The villas are much quieter than the adjacent lodge. This resort is also compact, meaning that you need not walk far to reach anything. It's small size and proximity to Magic Kingdom make it difficult to book.

Our room had been recently remodeled.

Like all Disney resorts, this one had attentive lifeguards and loads of activities. We enjoyed the pool, rented a surrey bike, and ate at all 3 restaurants. Artists Point is among the best restaurants at Disney. We brought the kids but made it clear that this was a best behavior meal.

Do make dinner reservations in advance as the resort restaurants often cannot accommodate walk ins.

Everyone in our party enjoyed the wilderness lodge. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Bay Lake are peaceful. You will hear the nightly boat parade at 9:30, but otherwise you...
9 Thank lovesmaryland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I stayed at the Villa's in a 2 bedroom villa with my parents, son and husband this past week. Overall, it was a good vacation experience. I saw that the Villa's were being renovated, so we called and requested a room on the top floor (because the renovations were done top to bottom) and we requested a quiet room because my son is young and can't sleep with a lot of noise going on around him. The hotel honored those requests and our room was very quiet and peaceful for the most part. I with we'd known that a board parade happened on the lake every night at 9:30. It was really loud and when I called the front desk to ask what the noise outside was, the exact response I got from the woman on the phone was "I don't know, I'm not there." Well duh, that's why I called to ask what the noise outside was.

Our room could have been cleaner, to be honest. Looking at the edges of the hard floor, you could clearly see dust and dirt. The bedding was clean, as were the bathrooms though.

For a resort that just renovated, the attention to details wasn't there and I was shocked that the room we stayed in had just been redone. The carpeting was shabby, the wood paneling behind the sink was already warping and discolored, the granite in the kitchen was covered in spilled paint, and the tiling in the bathrooms was horrible. There were black marks all over the tile that I assumed was dirt until I inspected it further. One bathroom even had chipped/broken grout already. Disney really should have pain attention to those details because it makes the whole experience kind of a letdown, especially for the cost. I would hate to see what the rooms looked like before the renovations were done. The main areas of the hotel were beautiful though.

The quick service meal we had at the hotel was amazing though, and was quite honestly the best meals we had the entire week. The worst meal was by far at the hotels fanciest restaurant, Artist Point. No one in our party of 5 people liked their meals or appetizers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor and ask to be in a quiet area of the hotel for the Villas.
6 Thank Anna S
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Loved this Hotel. Stayed Club level and had Deluxe Meal Plan. The only thing I should have done was down graded the meal plan because Club Level has food for free from 7am-8pm. Pool was awesome, had pool view and my daughter loved the pool because it had a slide. I loved the fact that the kids roasted marshmallows on the beach which was a big hit. I wish I stayed a day longer to enjoy the activities at the hotel.
Room are clean and service is great!

Room Tip: Select Pool View
6 Thank karen j
Richmond, Kentucky
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at grand floridian, Polynesia, baylake, animal kingdom villas, old key west, and now wilderness, have loved them all!! But wilderness has now become the favorite. The pool is awesome! You have a quite pool and the "fun" pool. Sooo close to the bus stop and the boat launch. The grounds are beautiful and they smell so so good...our studio was nice and quite and our woods view was perfect.. loved the porches with its lanterns. The restaurant was fun and food was yummy. The grounds are quite but fun and comfortable. I want to live there I swear :-) I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed March 2014
9 Thank mommx4
Berryville, Virginia
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Wilderness Lodge has a beautiful lobby and the waterfall leading out to the pool is just lovely! Our 2 bedroom villa was in desperate need of an update which it has since received. The rooms were showing a lot of wear and tear, but from the photos that I have seen since the renovations it is looking much better! The surroundings are peaceful and relaxing and there is easy access by boat to the Magic Kingdom. The staff is both friendly and helpful some even go out of their way to help. We stayed using our DVC points so the value for us was great.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank wonderfulshana
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for Christmas 2013 and the hotel was stunning the Christmas tree and decorations in the lobby and around the resort are fab. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The villas are just a short walk from the main lobby, we had a 1 bedroom villas for a family of 4 which was adequate however we had 2 bedroom villas for our other resorts during our 3 week stay and it's defiantly worth the extra points for the second bedroom. I did feel that the decor of the villas was a little tired so was happy to hear that renovations had be planned for 2014 as this was one of the reasons I didn't give this resort 5 stars. The other reason was a very disappointing meal at Artist Point on Christmas Day which was a shame because the quick service roaring fork and whispering canyon cafe are good for the type of food they offer. Would stay here again as it's great base for visiting magic kingdom by using the boat service as much more enjoyable than using the bus service.

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank R W
Spearman, Texas
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We just stayed at the Wilderness Lodge Villas from March 1-March 7, 2014. It's only fair for anyone who is booking a room in the "villas" to be aware that this property is currently undergoing a remodel project that will last at least 6 weeks. We had small studio rooms (queen bed w/ pull out couch), small refrig, sink & microwave, and small balcony with a view of the service drive/dumpster (not very idyllic to start with). Each day, our balcony view included 1-2 tractor/trailers & 15-25 workers who were unloading the appliances, furniture, carpets etc. for the on-going project, in addition to the dump truck that emptied the dumpster. Some days, we could hear hammering and drilling in the rooms above us. At times, some of the workers used language that was inappropriate for guests and children to hear. I called the duty manager, who was sympathetic, and he gave us credit for 1 night's room. He even offered to try to find us a room in the lodge. At that point, moving was not an option, mostly because we needed adjacent rooms. We discovered that some other guests were relocated upon their check-in. I was disappointed that we were not told that this property was being renovated when we booked this reservation or even when we checked-in.

Room Tip: Make sure the renovations will be completed prior to your arrival. Also, ask what kind of view you...
11 Thank Yacki49