We have been to Disney World many times and we have stayed in a number of the resorts. The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge were a great place to spend a few days on vacation.
The first thing that you notice when driving up to the resort is the beauty of it! The main building and lobby are huge and you can see that the Disney Imagineers took some inspiration for the Animal Kingdom Lodge from the Wilderness Lodge.
Inside the main lodge is a stunning display of totem poles. We were visiting the week before Christmas so an extremely large towering tree graced the middle of the lobby area. The lobby area also feature a small creek that runs through it. You can walk across a bridge over the creek. It's a great place to take pictures.
The next thing that we noticed was how peaceful and quiet the resort is at all times. It's really a great place if you want to take in some a nature and spend some quiet family time.
A few days before coming to the resort I completed the online check-in. This made the actual check-in at the resort very quick. Because of the online check-in my check-in packet was ready, and it only took a few minutes to complete.
As the villas are in a separate building a very short walk from the main hotel. We booked a 2 bedroom villa. The entire resort makes you feel as though you're in the mountains, and the rooms maintain that feeling. Our villa had a very cozy feel to it. The first thing that we noticed is that the villas at the Wilderness lodge are quiet a bit smaller than the villas at Old Key West and Animal Kingdom Lodge. The layout of the villa contributes to the feeling of it being small. The kitchen and living room area are quite small, but the second bedroom is deceptively large. The master bedroom is typical of most 2 bedroom villas. It has a Jacuzzi tub, large shower, queen size bed, and it's own private balcony. There was also a balcony off the living room area. Our rooms had a view of the small forest and through the trees we could see the lake. We are a family of five with three teenagers and we had plenty of room.
Staying at this resort you'll have to take the bus to all of the popular resort areas. Sometimes depending on where you're going the bus will stop at the Fort Wilderness Campground area before going to the parks, but it's only one stop.
We ate breakfast and dinner once at the Whispering Canyon Cafe. The food was ok, but the real draw for this restaurant is the cast members. The theme of the restaurant is that of a wild west saloon. The cast members play their characters perfectly and really get you into the right mood. The cast members invite diners to participate in songs, games, dancing, and more! It's a great dining experience, and one that my family truly enjoyed. Your best menu option for breakfast and dinner is to opt for the all-you-can-eat menu items.
The resort has lots to do ( bike riding, water sports, etc. ) so if you get a chance just spend a day at the resort its beautiful.
The Wilderness Lodge is definitely in our families top five Disney resorts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recalling the 1860's railroad hotels of the American West, The Villas offer the comforts of home amid the rustic beauty of Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Relax on the white-sand beach, explore trails through lush meadows and delight in the enchanting Silver Creek Springs Pool. Just a breezy boat ride to Magic Kingdom park, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrate American craftsmanship and the majesty of the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Disney`s Wilderness Hotel Orlando
- Hotel At Disneys Wilderness
- Hotel At Disney Wilderness
- The Villas At Disneys Wilderness Lodge