My wife, 12 year old daughter and I recently spent three nights the Disney Vacation Club Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge. We stayed in a one bedroom unit which consisted of a bedroom with a queen size bed. The bedroom had it's own sink and jacuzzi tub. There was a single bathroom with a sink and shower. And the living room had a fold out couch, table and chairs and a kitchen with an oven and full size refrigerator. There was much more space than we needed, but we had DVC points to use that were going to expire at the end of this year.
The entire unit was very clean and comfortable. The bed was great and my daughter said the pull out sofa bed was very comfortable. We did not have maid service as we only stayed for 3 nights. The kitchen seemed well stocked, but we did not cook. Our unit had a garden (woods) view. We were on the first floor, so we had two patios with furniture outside.
The resort is gorgeous and the theme is great. The hotel lobby is incredible to see. The mercanatile is well stocked and had everything that we needed. There are two pools. One is large with a slide and is closer to the hotel. The smaller pool does not have a slide and is closer to the villas. My daughter really enjoyed the smaller pool.
We had a rental car, but we also used to the boat launch to the Magic Kingdom. It can be a long wait for the boat as it seemed there was only one boat going back and forth between the resort and the Magic Kingdom. We were not in a hurry, so that was OK. We used the bus once too which was fine as it's a direct bus with no other stops.
Checking in went very smooth as I had completed the online check in process a few days before.
Overall we thought the resort was great and we would stay there again for sure. The only disappointment was the quick service restaurant. It was small and congested and it became frustrating at busy times. It's nothing like the quick service restaurants at The Contemporary and Polynesian resorts, which are very organized and quick.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recalling the 1860's railroad hotels of the American West, The Villas offer the comforts of home amid the rustic beauty of Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Relax on the white-sand beach, explore trails through lush meadows and delight in the enchanting Silver Creek Springs Pool. Just a breezy boat ride to Magic Kingdom park, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrate American craftsmanship and the majesty of the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Vacatia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Disney`s Wilderness Hotel Orlando
- Hotel At Disneys Wilderness
- Hotel At Disney Wilderness
- The Villas At Disneys Wilderness Lodge