My family and I have been members of the vacation club for almost 10 years, and this was the first time we stayed in the villas, as we had 2 extra guests. We had a two bedroom villa, and it was enormous. The room was spotless: the kitchen appliances were clean and functioning, the master bathroom was perfect. both bedrooms had small balconies that had partial views of the large quiet pool. the building was also very welcoming and fully encompassed the hotel's theme, as is expected with Disney resorts.
The main pool area is wonderful, with a gentle waterfall safe enough for children. The pool bar is good, but the pool bars at the Coronado Springs and the Boardwalk were better. The snack bar near the pool provided a wealth of snacks for everyone throughout the day, and our group would get breakfast there if we weren't going to a theme breakfast that day.
The staff was friendly, though we bumped into a few staff members that weren't exactly feeling the "Disney magic". We didn't let that get to us. Mostly everything we needed was taken care of immediately.
There are two restaurants in the hotel, and we only ate at the theme restaurant (its a barbeque restaurant). Be prepared for very involved waitstaff - if you don't like LOUD, crazy, get you up out of your seat to do a rodeo dance around the room kind of dining, then i suggest you don't go here. it's a great atmosphere for kids, but only go there if you are open to semi-obnoxiousness and you have a sense of humor. the food there is pretty good too... LOVED the pulled pork!!
Okay, now here's the bad news. The second night in the hotel my friends and I used the hotel hot tub. Two days later I woke up with the WORST allergic reaction I've ever had in my entire life all over my legs. We actually had to have a doctor come to the hotel to diagnose me, as I could barely walk. The doctor (employed by DisneyWorld) diagnosed the reaction as a reaction to potential hot tub bacteria that soaked into the pores in my legs. it's why the reaction stopped at my bathing suit line. when we informed the hotel, they were not receptive to the informaiton. they refused to take responsibility for it, which was very disappointing as we have been so impressed with Disney in the past. Fortunately, they did end up taking responsibility and covering all medical costs. However, my 10 day trip was essentially cut short - not only was it unbearably itchy, but it was so embarrassing to walk around with - people actually were commenting and asking me what was wrong (not Disney's fault). I was also unable to go out in the sun, as it would potentially irritate it. I ended up sleeping through the days and only going out at night.
Other than this setback, we enjoyed our vacation thoroughly. We have been to DisneyWorld over 18 times and never expect less than the best. If you are a member of the vacation club, seriously consider this hotel. The location and transportation are also worth mentioning, as they were never an issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recalling the 1860's railroad hotels of the American West, The Villas offer the comforts of home amid the rustic beauty of Disney's Wilderness Lodge. Relax on the white-sand beach, explore trails through lush meadows and delight in the enchanting Silver Creek Springs Pool. Just a breezy boat ride to Magic Kingdom park, The Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge celebrate American craftsmanship and the majesty of the great outdoors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney's Wilderness Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas At Disney`s Wilderness Hotel Orlando
- Hotel At Disneys Wilderness
- Hotel At Disney Wilderness
- The Villas At Disneys Wilderness Lodge