“Perfect, no complaints at all”

Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Ranked #138 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Perfect, no complaints at all”
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights for a quick trip to Disneyworld on the way home from a holiday in the Carribean. Paid £186 in total (inc tax etc) for a double room (king bed) through Travel Republic for 3 nights and this was very good value for the standard.

Room was nice and very big, and clean and modern. The bed was very very large and really comfortable. Aircon was good and although not silent, definitely not loud enough to be annoying and it was right beside my side of the bed.

Hotel was everything we needed, although we didn't get a chance to eat or drink there or use the pool. It looked very nice though. Rooms opened out into a large bright indoor atrium area and elevators were quick and easy. Free internet access and printer in a computer room near the lobby was great. Free parking was also great and had no problems ever finding a spot as the car park goes right the way around the hotel.

Really easy to navigate to and from the hotel - mostly went to the Disney Parks and was very quick to get onto the highway there.

No complaints at all, would absolutely definitely stay again and for longer.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
stripoli, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
Dear Catherine001,

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We are very happy that you enjoyed the Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal and we look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I can be of service in the future.

Take care.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 19, 2010

The hotel was lovely and staff at this hotel were first class. We left stuff lying around in the room, phones, cameras ect. and they were never touched. The room i thought being a junior suite was going to be fab and being a priorty club member was very let down. We had a 9 year old and 9 month old with us and it was just a glorified single room. 1 doubled bed, a sofa that turned intoa bed and took up any small space that was left and we had to get a cot brought up for the baby. The rooms were cleaned every day and staff were friendly. The pool was lovely but the price of a beer was mad 6 dollars a beer and 8.50 for a cocktail? your having a laugh, there is a off licence next door and you can get a case of beer for 12 dollars!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear Sheplad,

Thank you for staying with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall. I'm sorry for the confusion regarding the Jr. Suite room type. The room is very spacious, but yes only offers a queen size bed and a queen size sleeper sofa. Possibly next time one of our spacious rooms with two queen beds would better suit your needs, or you can take advantage of our connecting rooms for a larger suite type feel. Just let us know and we will set it up for you. While our bar pricing is very competitive to other fine hotels pricing, it may appear a bit high to some. As a reminder for future visits, we do offer Happy Hour pricing in all of our outlets from 5-7PM daily where you will find great deals on a lot of our specialty drinks, and beer too. I am glad you enjoyed the pool and tiki bar nonetheless.

Thanks again for your review and we will see you next time.
Ventura, California
Reviewed July 18, 2010

The place was beautiful they had a huge pool opened 24 hours/ Front desk could have been friendlier the concierge were very helpful. They had shuttles and towne cars that took you to all the parks for free.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear GStein,

Thank you for your review. We are very happy you enjoyed the hotel and the free shuttles!!

See you next time.
Co.Cavan. Ireland
Reviewed July 16, 2010

We spent 2 weeks in June at this hotel and i nearly cried coming home.Everything was fantastic,from the reception to the valets,Tom,David and Douglas,to Jessica and Amy at the pool bar,housekeeping staff and the beautiful Cuban lady who looked after the pool area which was always spotless.The beds are the most comfortable ever and we had a fantastic view of Universal Studios from our bedroom,which was very spacious for our family of 2 adults and 2 teenagers.Even the little shop in the hotel had everything from super glue to sewing thread.The food at the pool bar was gorgeous and overall the drinks and food were well priced.Just next door is a fantastic pizzeria who do deliveries if you are too tired to eat out after a long day.Overall this is the best hotel i have ever stayed in and cant wait to return in 2011.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Dear Valbee,

Thank you for staying with us and for your great review. We appreciate you pointing out the names of our staff members who did a great job. We will ensure they get recognized for this. I'm glad you enjoyed the hotel and related services. Being your new favorite hotel is important to us and we look forward to seeing you in 2011. Please let me know if I can be of service while you make your future plans.

Thank you!!
n.ireland
Reviewed July 16, 2010

After arriving we managed to change our room as we were right next to the lift and couldnt sleep the first night. The Front desk were very apologetic and helpful and we were offered a Junior suite at no extra cost.. The only fault we coul have was the air conditioning was very loud and out of date. We kept it on during the later part of the day and when we returned at night the room was cool enough to leave it off overnight

. We had free Wi-Fi down in the lobby. There was an adequate pool and pool bar, small Gym and a shop.There was a bar serving food "Chats" and another resaurant.
The I trolley and Lynx bus stopped outside the hotel, for Universal etc. Tickets for Universa,l Disney etc ..could be bought from Concierge in Lobby,

There was an Italian Restaurant next door., where you could get a carry out to bring ino the hotel room, although you could order a Pizza from Chats and take it to your room. also .. .Any other Diners, restaurants etc were at least another 3 blocks away.

We feel that in the heat of 90os a car was needed, . In a 10minute car journey you would have Ponderosa, Sizzlers, Mc Donalds etc, All eateries, and shops,

All in all a good hotel, great friendly staff,

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Dear Begleg,

Thank you for staying with us and writing a review. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience with the elevator noise and the AC. We are very happy that you had a great stay overall and that you enjoyed the free upgrade to the Jr. Suite.

We look forward to seeing you in the future. Please let me know if I can assist in your future booking plans.

Thanks.
Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We began our trip 6 days ago at St. Pete's Beach. We then drove into Orlando for the last two days of our vacation. I had read many reviews on MANY hotels and decided on the Crowne Plaza Universal as we spent one day at the parks. While I can't say anything positive about my Universal experience (that's an entirely other review), I can say many wonderful things about this hotel. I booked online directly thru their website 2 days before arrival (remember, I couldn't decide where to stay). I have been involved in corporate travel with my career so I tend to be critical of hotels, staff, cleanliness etc. Upon arrival we were greeted cheerfully at our car in the check in area by a bellman. We came in and checked in, left our luggage with a bellman then headed off to the park. The whole process took 5-9 minutes maximum. The front desk staff were very curtious and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. Upon returning from the parks at around 6PM, we retreived our luggage and got our keys and headed to the 14th floor (1424) on the executive level. Our room was spacious, and spotless and we had a beautiful view of the pool and an overview of Universal and some other nearby parks. The beds were very comfortable, the linens very nice. A flat screen TV, two phones (one cordless). A large desk with PLENTY of outlets to plug in all of our apparatus and a very nice sized bathroom with great towels (and a robe!). We were VERY pleased with our room. The executive lounge on the 15th floor is a very relaxing, well appointed area. The staff are superb and go completely out of their way for any need. I will post pictures later. There are 3 TV's, and a computer with a printer that is free for guests on the Executive level. The snacks and continental breakfast were very good and plentful. The coffee was great! I was very happy with my choice on this level with my family. Now for some specifics kudos to certain staff: Mr. Scott Tripoli, general manager. We spotted him in the lobby when we checked in not realizing until later that he is the general manager. He was very professional, polite, energetic and knowledgeable. He made us feel like we were his only guests. We had the pleasuare of speaking to him twice just in passing. We also voiced to him what a wonderful hotel he and his staff have here and that we truly enjoying ourselves. Next person: Victor in security. My husband spotted something in our room and since we own properties in our home town, he inquired about where could we get this item. Victor went out of his way to get him the name of the item and he put it under our door within 5 minutes. Wow...that was service!

We are so happy that we chose the CP for our stay to the end of our vacation. The hotel is beyond what I expected. The lobby bright, airy and colorful. The rooms are fabulous and the staff the same. I read back thru numerous reviews on the CP prior to booking. I'm not sure where the one poster stated that "the hotel was decorated by aliens, and the theme was southwestern"?? Obviously that person was off his meds when he wrote his blog as we have seen NONE of this. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dear YzGi,

It was really nice meeting and speaking to you during your stay. I enjoyed it myself. Thank you so much for your kind review and I am happy that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay. I will certainly ensure each member of my team see your review. I am glad you enjoyed your room on the executive level and all that level has to offer.

Please contact me directly when you are coming to Orlando again as I would like to ensure everything is once again perfect for you.

Take care.

Scott
Fukuoka, Japan
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Besides having my iPod stolen by room keeping, my experience at this hotel was great. It was very clean, the room was spacious (for 4 of us) and we were provided plenty of towels, when we asked for more. The staff was friendly when we checked in as well.
Unfortunately we quickly dropped our stuff off and headed out and I left my new iPod in the hotel, and it was stolen by room keeping. I called and told them my situation and they said room keeping said they didn't find anything- of course !

I would stay at this hotel again because untrustworthy staff will be everywhere, I will just lock up my valuables!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends