“Pretty nice place”

Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd
Ranked #141 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Me and my family came here for a 3 day trip on our 2 week vacation this year. We decided to take a detour from Jacksonville, FL and take the kids to Sea World. We stayed 6th thru 8th. The gentlemen at the desk was friendly and we really didn't see any housekeepers while there (no one came to our room) unfortunately we ate at the Golden Corral near the Worlds Largest McDonalds the night we got in and that night I became ill with food poison and was sick the entire night. So our trip to Sea World wasn't the best it could have been. My kids loved going up and down for the heck of it in the see thru elevator that thought that was AWESOME! We road to the top floor (15th I think) and looked out over the sunset it was pretty neat. The only bad thing I would say is when I got home and was reviewing some credit card statements there was a pending 50 dollar charge that was to be refunded so I called to inquire about it and I got someone in Accounting named Bennie who I assume thought I was being rude or something. But in fact he was the rude person and wouldn't let me finish I was trying to say because I clearly understood what he was speaking about but he didn't understand me and was getting very loud with me! Considering we might be going to Orlando anytime soon I'm not sure I'll be staying here again although it was a nice experience. We got the 2nd floor which was right above the awning so you could see all the bright lighting from below where Valet is. Thanks for a memorable stay for sure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on a 3 day girls getaway with my best friend to Universal in mid June. This place is super clean! I was impressed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We ordered room service our first night cause we were too tired to change and leave again. The pizza we ordered was SO good. First time I've ever ordered room service and I was impressed! The gentleman that brought us our food was very friendly. We wanted to take our bed home with us it was so comfy! We had a couch in our room which was nice, never had that in a room before. Nice extra space to sit other than just a like rolling chair or something in other places I've stayed. The bathroom was very clean and the towels were nice. Our towels were refreshed the next day while we were out as well as our bed made. We did not go the pool or anything, too tired, but it looked very nice and people were in it all the time. I would defiantly stay here again. My only slight complaint was the ac made a few cracking noises when it went off but it didn't wake us or anything. It wasn't that big of a bother for me to mention it cause we were only staying 2 nights.

I'll also note I chose this hotel along with a HP vacation package for Universal. Well worth the price!! I could have stayed here for a week and been very happy.

Room Tip: We had a king room, 10th floor all the way at the end of the hall. Pool side and it was good for us...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I realise I harp on about this hotel endlessly but I'm afraid that this place is one of THE best hotels I stay in, in the world.

Not only is it very well located for the parks, the shopping & all the other billions of things you can do in Orlando - it is also reasonably priced and very friendly.

When you step out your transport, a bellman waits with a smile. You walk to the immaculately clean and tidy check-in & Lisandra is waiting with the best laugh in the world and a smiley, efficient service.

The rooms are well lit, bright and clean with all the amenities you'd expect from a business target hotel. The pool is a good size and pool-side bar is a welcome area to get a drink or a poolside snack.

The restaurant indoors is good too serving a mix of food with a range of prices, all served with the trademark hospitality that this hotel is almost famous for.

If you have any issues, tell someone and they will do whatever it takes to fix it. I defy anyone to write a bad review after they've given the staff a "heads-up" that all is not 100% perfect.

The manager seems to genuinely care that all the guests get what they are looking for in the hotel; be it a welcome break from work or a business meeting or family vacation.

I can't fault this hotel, I really can't. Awesome - if this hotel is in your shortlist to stay at; make it number one - you won't regret it.

Room Tip: When you check-in, tell them you are on vacation and would like a nice-view room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank atc_brian
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Stayed here for business in June 2013. Co-worker recommended the place and I'm glad he did. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Ihad avery nice room and because I was a government employee, wifi was free. A block off international drive which made it easy to get around. I will stay here again when in Orlando.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank daplushman
Reviewed June 14, 2013

There is such a wide range of places in Orlando you can stay at, and depending on if it's business or personnel, you might be able to or willing to spend more or less. This was a business trip and in close proximity to where I needed to be. And for that it was perfect. The hotel was clean and didn't give the appearance of being run down by hordes of tourists. The room was big enough for the time I was going to be there. The staff pleasant enough. Breakfast was typical of a hotel, OK and over-priced. Overal, I'd come back as I know there are a lot of places here that are worse.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear pensfan58,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here during may with family, have to say we found the place perfect, nice rooms, good pool area, less than 5 min walk to International Drive with stops to catch the trolly bus. Room service was also very good and the place in general was spot on, can only fault one thing, the face that you had to pay for wifi in your room, however it was free in the lobby.

Room Tip: My familiy had 3 rooms between us and all were good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank marcellouswallace
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We booked a trip for April 2013, not because of the price or the photos, but because of the excellent service provided by Scott T. We visit Orlando alot and our kids were dissapointed with the hotel stay last year at another hotel. My son picked out the Crowne Plaza based on the pictures. I did some research and emailed the General Manager with my questions. He took the time to answer each question, offering additional advice and guidance. Our kids were very excited about the trip! My son is still talking about the upper level view overlooking the pool and Universal. We went to Seaworld again for his birthday.
Scott and his team did a great job welcoming us and celebrating my son's birthday with a personal cake and more. We will definitely be back to his hotel!!!
Thanks again Scott!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a queen double overlooking a pool! You will love the staff!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family