“Excellent Hotel would recommend”

Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd
Ranked #162 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a family 14 day holiday to Florida, went for the 1st time and had to return again.
We stayed for 3 nights at the Crowne Plaza and got a fantastic price for 2 rooms, 4 adults and 1 child from Hotwire.
This is a beautiful hotel, very welcoming lobby, slight mix up with the rooms as 1 had no bed for our son, spoke to reception and they immediately upgraded us to a suite for no extra cost and no hassle either. Room was very nice, clean, nice furniture and very comfortable bed.
We didn't eat at the hotel or really use any services.
I would recommend staying here and we would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Roger B
ClaudineJBinz, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Roger B,

Thank you for the kind words about your stay at Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. We take pride in doing Whatever It Takes to make sure our guests have a great stay. I was glad that we were able to accommodate the change in your room so that your son would also have a great stay! We want all of our guests to have a nice, clean and comfortable place to lay their heads after a long day at one of the may theme parks Orlando has to offer.

Do not forget to like us on Facebook, we offer many great specials to our Facebook fans and we hope that we will see you again soon!

Director of Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (2,277)

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed here for a long weekend after jumping at a $69/night offer on Hotwire. Perhaps I should have realized $69/night for a four-star was a bit too good to be true. It's not that there's anything wrong with this property, but it's more like staying at a very nice Hampton Inn than staying at a true four-star resort.

Our room was clean and quiet (I do love that this hotel offers a whole "quiet zone" floor), but was awfully basic. The bathroom vanity is an off-white plastic; even three-star hotels now offer granite counter tops or other higher-end finishes. There wasn't much art to speak of in the rooms - save one framed picture, the walls were entirely bare. The AC unit was definitely loud, but I had packed a white noise machine that was helpful in covering the unit's stops and starts. We didn't interact much with the hotel staff, but when we did they were all polite and helpful.

The hotel is very convenient to I-4, many restaurants, and even an exceptional Whole Foods, but overall the I-Drive location is very unattractive and not very restful. Unless you're on the roads early on weekend mornings, you're bound to spend some time sitting in traffic. Especially if you're planning on spending a lot of time at the Disney parks, I might recommend a location further west off of I-4.

If you're looking for a clean, comfortable, safe hotel in which to sleep and shower, the Crowne Plaza is a good option. I'd advise going into it with measured expectations: if this property were billed as a three-star I'd have no complaints, but four is definitely pushing it.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, request a room on a Quiet Zone floor - among other things, housekeepi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
stripoli, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall. I'm happy to hear that you found the staff to be friendly and polite and the found the hotel clean.

I am sorry you did not like the International Drive area. International Drive is one of the top areas in Orlando offering a plethora of entertainment, restaurant and shopping options. The Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal offers a perfect location off of Universal Boulevard where you miss a lot of the traffic you refer to. Orlando is a busy place offering so much, and sometimes traffic can be tight, but there are many options to walk or ride bikes in the International Drive area.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to serving you again.

Scott

Reviewed May 7, 2013

All the staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful. There are a lot of restaurants a short drive away. Universal is just down the road. We had two nights here and it was a very comfortable stay. My two teenagers loved it here!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mrssarge

Dear mrssarge,

Thanks for the great review of your stay at Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. We are delighted to hear that your two teenagers loved it here, sometimes they can be the hardest critics! Our staff truly does take pride in being friendly and helpful and we are glad that you and your family took notice of that.

Thank you also for mentioning our great location, we are close to just about anything and everything that Orlando has to offer.

We hope to see you again soon!

Yours in service,

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is in the perfect location. You are close to I Drive close to Universal. A short drive to Disney. The staff there is always amazing. We have never had an issue when staying at this hotel. I alway request a room far away from the elevator and this request has always been granted.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Suzielane,

Thank you for staying at Cronwe Plaza Orlando Universal once again, We love when we get guests that come back time and time again, it is almost like seeing your family once again. We take pride in remembering what our guests like and do not like so that each and every stay will be better than the next. Thank you for saying our staff is amazing, they will love that when we share this review with them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I just returned from spending the weekend in Orlando. I booked a Universal Studios vacation and wanted to stay on-site, but there was nothing in my price range. The booking agent suggested this hotel as it was only a mile or two from the park, had a free shuttle (NOT affiliated with the hotel and left much to be desired in my opinion), and was within my price range. Check-in/check-out was a breeze. The hotel was beautiful, modern, and clean. The staff was extemely helpful, courteous, and kind. Room service was prompt and the food delicious. I will defintely try to stay here again when I return to Orlando. I did not use any spa services, so I didn't give it a rating. Wi-fi was a bit pricey for my taste, but the connection was good and strong, so I really didn't mind paying.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear steelmag9,

Thank you for saying you love Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal, we love you too! Thank you for the great comments about the staff and the room service. We are one big happy family and always treat our guests the way that we would treat family. I am glad that agent directed you our way. Great news about the internet! Starting July 1st all IHG Reward members will be receiving complimentary internet. So if you are not a member now, please ask to be signed up when you arrive. There are great benefits in addition to the internet so please ask a Front Desk Agent when you arrive!

We look forward to welcoming you home soon!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past weekend and had an amazing time. We booked through Hotwire.com and got the rate of 75/night. Everything was great... the ONLY complaint we have is for the breakfast buffet, we were not greeted by anyone until 15 minutes after we sat down with our food. We didn't have anything to drink until I had to ask someone to bring us water and orange juice. Other than that, we have nothing bad to say about our stay! We will definitely be back!!

The cab they called for us was a luxury vehicle and only charged us 10 bucks to the city walk which is about 3 miles from the hotel. Best cabride ever.

The valet guys were very accommodating and helped us out with finding a good spot for dinner (fishbones) which we walked to. was like a 3 minute walk from hotel.

Great stay!!

Room Tip: we had a room on 6th floor, not special view or anything but no complaints of noise or anything bad...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Check in was quick and easy. Claudine at the front desk was wonderful! She gave us a room on the 15 th floor that was immaculate. We also had access to the lounge on our floor. Our server Vicki was great. We also had dinner and drinks at the bar where we met Sean and Gina. Who were awesome!!! All in all our experience at this hotel was great! I would highly recommend his hotel to anyone staying in the area!!

• Stayed: May 2013
ClaudineJBinz, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Samantha1424,

Thank you for your great review of Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. I am delighted that you found your room immaculate and that our associates exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share this review with them. We take Guest Service and Exceeding Expectations very serious at our property and are glad that we provided you with that exact service.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Yours in service,