“I LOVE this hotel!”

Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd
Ranked #151 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I just returned from spending the weekend in Orlando. I booked a Universal Studios vacation and wanted to stay on-site, but there was nothing in my price range. The booking agent suggested this hotel as it was only a mile or two from the park, had a free shuttle (NOT affiliated with the hotel and left much to be desired in my opinion), and was within my price range. Check-in/check-out was a breeze. The hotel was beautiful, modern, and clean. The staff was extemely helpful, courteous, and kind. Room service was prompt and the food delicious. I will defintely try to stay here again when I return to Orlando. I did not use any spa services, so I didn't give it a rating. Wi-fi was a bit pricey for my taste, but the connection was good and strong, so I really didn't mind paying.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
ClaudineJBinz, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear steelmag9,

Thank you for saying you love Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal, we love you too! Thank you for the great comments about the staff and the room service. We are one big happy family and always treat our guests the way that we would treat family. I am glad that agent directed you our way. Great news about the internet! Starting July 1st all IHG Reward members will be receiving complimentary internet. So if you are not a member now, please ask to be signed up when you arrive. There are great benefits in addition to the internet so please ask a Front Desk Agent when you arrive!

We look forward to welcoming you home soon!

Yours in Service,

Claudine Binz
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here this past weekend and had an amazing time. We booked through Hotwire.com and got the rate of 75/night. Everything was great... the ONLY complaint we have is for the breakfast buffet, we were not greeted by anyone until 15 minutes after we sat down with our food. We didn't have anything to drink until I had to ask someone to bring us water and orange juice. Other than that, we have nothing bad to say about our stay! We will definitely be back!!

The cab they called for us was a luxury vehicle and only charged us 10 bucks to the city walk which is about 3 miles from the hotel. Best cabride ever.

The valet guys were very accommodating and helped us out with finding a good spot for dinner (fishbones) which we walked to. was like a 3 minute walk from hotel.

Great stay!!

Room Tip: we had a room on 6th floor, not special view or anything but no complaints of noise or anything bad...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Check in was quick and easy. Claudine at the front desk was wonderful! She gave us a room on the 15 th floor that was immaculate. We also had access to the lounge on our floor. Our server Vicki was great. We also had dinner and drinks at the bar where we met Sean and Gina. Who were awesome!!! All in all our experience at this hotel was great! I would highly recommend his hotel to anyone staying in the area!!

• Stayed: May 2013
ClaudineJBinz, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Samantha1424,

Thank you for your great review of Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. I am delighted that you found your room immaculate and that our associates exceeded your expectations. I will be sure to share this review with them. We take Guest Service and Exceeding Expectations very serious at our property and are glad that we provided you with that exact service.

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Yours in service,
Claudine Binz
Director of Guest Services

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed overnight and used the outdoor pool during the afternoon. Drank some beer around the pool area.
All the staff we encountered were polite, attentive and courteous.
Hotel room was very clean and modern.
The air con unit made the heart skip a beat when it fired up i the room during the night.
A very pleasurable stay at a good hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I travelled to this hotel for business. The room was clean but the air conditioning return was right by my head and the rattling woke me up several times during the night. The location seems like it should have been good, but was actually ofer a mile and a half from the Universal Studios park and a few blocks from other attractions. It was only OK because I was here on business and not pleasure.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
stripoli, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. I am sorry that the air conditioner was rattling and woke you up. We certainly want to ensure all of our guests have a perfect nights sleep.

The Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal is located in the heart of the Orlando entertainment district. Only 1.3 miles to Universal Studios, 3 miles to Sea World and within walking distance to many, many other area attractions and restaurants, guests usually find our location just perfect. In addition, we offer complimentary scheduled shuttle to all area theme parks for our guests convenience.

Please contact me if I can be of service to you in the future.

Scott

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We (myself, husband and 2 young children) checked into the Crowne Plaza on Easter Sunday 2013 having arrived in Orlando 2 days' earlier in another 'hotel' not too far away which was an atrocious dump. We were greeted at the Crowne Plaza reception by a cheerful and helpful receptionist who told us they had a room available that day from 4pm.

We then spent the day in Seaworld, returned to check the room was ready, went back to the 'old hotel', frantically packed our suitcases and checked in to the Crowne Plaza. Our Once-in-a-Lifetime holiday then transformed from a disaster into the holiday we'd hoped for; a clean, fresh family room with a panoramic view of the pool and Orlando beyond, a sunny pool with bar and food service, helpful and friendly staff, a full buffet breakfast and great evening meals.

The best thing was the room service. After a long day in the hot weather walking miles around DisneyWorld, we didn't feel like sitting in the restaurant with a tired 4 and 7 year old so we all relaxed in our room, ordered room service and about half an hour later a nice gentleman would wheel in a trolley of goodies for us.

We hope to return to Orlando one day and would be more than happy to stay at the Crowne Plaza again.

Room Tip: We were given a room overlooking the pool which we think was the best side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Everyone from the front desk personnel, to the parking valet to the GM himself, asked about my day and seemed to mean it, not just going through the motions.
Had a little time to enjoy a drink at the pool which was nice. Room was big, clean, and smelled fresh, the bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept in.
Too bad I was only there for one day on business, would love to bring the family here on vacation, as its location seems to be centerly located near all the attractions. GREAT STAY!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business