“Excellent service, even before the visit!”

Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd
Ranked #139 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
NC
“Excellent service, even before the visit!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We just booked a trip for April 2013, not because of the price or the photos, but because of the excellent service provided by Scott T. We visit Orlando alot and our kids were dissapointed with the last hotel stay. My son picked out the Crowne Plaza based on the pictures. I did some research and emailed the General Manager with my questions. He took the time to answer each question, offering additional advice and guidance. Our kids are very excited about the upcoming visit! My son is still talking about the upper level view overlooking the pool and Universal. We are going to Seaworld again for his birthday. It also sounds like Claudine offers superior service--we look forward to meeting both of them. Thanks again Scott!!! See you soon!

Room Tip: Sounds like the double Queen rooms on the upper levels are best for families!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ourtwokids
ClaudineJBinz, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear ourtwokids,

Thank you for your review of your booking experience at Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. Scott and I are pleased that your son picked us out of all of the options you had in Orlando. We take pride in offering any assistance needed in booking our property. We are also glad that you chose us to celebrate such a great moment in your family's life. I am sure this will be a birthday to remember and we cannot wait until you arrive.

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have stayed at this Hotel for 3 nights and could not have found anything better within International Drive. Room was great with a spectacular view of the pool. The staff were an A plus all around not missing a beat in greating me as I walked by and jumping to any needs or question I may have.
This is now my official choice for lodging when ever I am in Orlando

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear staybridge561,

I am glad that you found Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal Perfect and that we are your official choice for a hotel in Orlando. I also love the view of the pool from our guest rooms. You can also see Universal Studios off in the short distance. We do have some of the best staff in Orlando and love the business that we are in.

I hope that you find yourself in the need of coming to Orlando again soon, as we cannot wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel through Hotwire and were happy to get a hotel near Universal Studios. We were disappointed that after 6 pm there are no shuttles offered to take us to the park. The rooms are decent, nothing great, and our heat didn't work in our room. In all fairness, by the time we realized this, it was late night after we returned with our kids from Universal, so we didn't ask to change rooms. Not offering free Wi-Fi was also disappointing. Free parking was a plus, but very limited spaces seem to be available.

• Stayed March 2013
stripoli, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are glad you found the hotel to be nice and had a good stay. We do offer complimentary scheduled transportation to all major theme parks. As you point out, we do not offer the transportation to the parks at night. We have scheduled transportation that leaves the hotel in the morning with a couple of scheduled times and returns in the evening with scheduled times. We do, however, offer town car service that can be arranged to the parks at anytime for a fee.

Glad you found the rooms to be decent. I am sorry that your heat was not working. Next time, please call down, as we would have been happy to send a maintenance engineer to your room to check on it. We don't have many cold nights in Orlando, but when we do, the heat is a plus and generally works perfectly. We do offer free wifi in the lobby and we have a cyber center that offers 4 PC's for your use, complimentary.

Lastly, we offer free self parking all the time. Spaces can become limited during high drive traffic nights, but we always ensure spots complimentary regardless of how busy it is through our security and valet staff.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Scott
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you are a family looking for a wonderful hotel to stay at near Universal Studio or a couple like us looking for a weekend getaway near the prime outlet stores look no further then this hotel! Starting from the moment we walk in being greeted by the 2 best front desk staff Nisha and Lasandra you feel like you are part of the family. This is our fifth stay at this property and will always be our first choice. We have recommended here to friends and family as well. The rooms are clean, comfortable and quiet. The front lobby, restaurant and outdoor patio areas are a great place to relax and unwind after a day at the attractions or retail therapy shopping at the outlets. A great value for the price. Finally thank you, Claudine you are the best keep the great job!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear TampaMikeB,

Thank you to my favorite Retail Therapy Guests! We are always delighted to welcome you back to the Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal! I have shared this review with Nisha and Lasandra and we all agree that we cannot wait to see you again. Thank you for recognizing the hard work the hotel staff does to make sure we are clean and well maintained. I know that we will be seeing you again soon!

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The only reason I'm not giving the hotel 5 stars is because I didn't consider it a true "luxury" hotel, but everything was great. Friendly service, clean rooms, not teeming with children while I was there. There's a restaurant, bar, nice outdoor area and pool as well as a 24 hour fitness center. Definitely a good value for the price. Slightly off the beaten path, but still close enough to enjoy Disney and Universal.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Arda I,

Thank you for your choosing Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal for your Orlando visit. I am glad to hear that you found our rooms clean and our service friendly. We are slightly off the beaten path, yet close enough to all the delights that Orlando has to offer. I hope that you have found a Orlando Home for all of your business needs.

UK
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights, but the superior service began before we even arrived. I was helped with the reservation by an outstanding member of the team, Monica, who helped me deal with the priority club points booking agents. She showed a real interest in making sure that the stay was a great one- even left a note card in the room (above and beyond in my opinion)
Every member of staff was helpful, friendly and efficient. Even when I called about some lost property the query was handled promptly and I was able to collect before heading to the airport. The room was immaculate, and the beds comfortable. The public areas were also well maintained, and we enjoyed some time by the pool after a hard days shopping!
I would definitely stay again- very close to Universal (we walked there in about 20 minutes) Free parking (not always standard in Orlando) close to everything we needed (especially the Universal Drive Premium Outlets)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tallbird
Dear tallbird,

WOW! Thank you so much for your great review of Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. Monica truly is a gem and I will share this review with her. We work hard to be a great hotel that guests love and take pride in doing Whatever It Takes to make sure our guests have a great stay. It appears that we have successfully done that in your case. We hope that you will be in the need of some Florida sunshine and shopping again soon that that we may welcome you back!

Pawtucket, Rhode Island
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

This is my third stay at the Crowne. We attend a trade show every year at the convention center.

Overall a nice stay. Rooms are nice and clean and deliver the usual Crowne experience.

Bar in lobby is nice and also serves as a restaurant at night. Nice outdoor area to eat and drink.

The only bad thing I can say is the service in the restaurant is tough! They try and work hard but they seem understaffed.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Sandie2009,

We are glad that you are a loyal guest at Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. We are also glad that you continue to find our rooms clean and enjoy the Crowne Experience. The outdoor Aqua Tiki Bar and dining area are great places to enjoy the Florida climate and the company are travelling with. We are focusing on the level of service and staffing in the restaurant and have faith when we see you next year you will notice the changes. Thank you for the review as well as your loyalty to our property.