“Another great stay at the Crowne Plaza”

Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal
Ranked #136 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Another great stay at the Crowne Plaza”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We have been to Orlando many times over the last twenty years and our hotel of choice is the Crowne Plaza. The location, facilities, pool area and particulary the staff are all first rate.
I know we will have a relaxing time at the hotel, and the freindly approch from all the staff adds to the holiday atmosphere.
Our room was overlooking the pool area, and the only issue we had was addressed almost immediatey by the Reception staff.
We intend to return to Orlando next year, and to the Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool area, great views
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The reason I chose this hotel is because of the great reviews on trip advisor and my experience here exceeded all my expectations.

When you check in, you do feel a genuine warmth from the staff. They were all very friendly and nothing was too much of an issue for them. The Valets were all friendly and attentive, housekeeping was always completed to an immaculate standard and the bar staff (especially sean(sp?)) were pretty terrific as well.

The three things which I personally found really handy were the Business Centre, the guest laundry, and the Universal Ticketing office. If you are planning to buy your Universal Tickets before you arrive, I would suggest you wait until you get to the hotel. A load of washing at the hotel would cost 5 dollars (you get tokens from the front desk) which I thought was reasonable considering the size of the washer and dryer.

There was a free shuttle to the Disney Parks which was also very convenient, you pre booked pick up and drop off times the day before and the shuttle took you to Epcot. From there you would need to make your own way to the other parks - via the monorail or other Disney bus service. The shuttle would then pick you up from Epcot and return you to the hotel.

Rooms were bright, beds were comfortable and there was good water pressure in the showers. Oh and the airconditioner wasn't too loud.

The food here was also pretty good and I didn’t often venture out of the hotel to eat at night.

Would definitely recommend this hotel for those who want to be 'Disney by day' but not by night. I loved it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The hotel is located close to I4 and turnpike which worked well for us on this trip. Room was very clean. Air was ice cold. ( a little noisy in our room) I really liked the bed, my wife felt we have had better. Great pillows. The shower was very hot. Fridge in the room came in handy. Nice pool, plenty of elevators. Restaurants open pretty late. The only potential problem would be parking. If you don't valet ($17) make sure you park early, I don't think there are enough spaces for everyone. We scrambled for a spot around 10pm..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ed A
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel was nice, clean, & comfortable. The only issue I had was the bathroom where the bathtub leaked and the toilet bowl ran unless I took off the tank lid and manually adjusted the float. For the money one spends on a place like this you would think management would be proactive when it came to problems like these. The pool was nice and the lounge at poolside seemed to be getting a good workout!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bradenton, Florida, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My fiance and I stayed for an extended weekend at the beginning of October and I could not have been happier with my experience. Our room was nice and clean and the hotel itself was beautiful. I was awestruck every time with left our room (on the 11th floor) when I saw the beauty of the lobby area. A little dizzying but gorgeous. The staff were all incredibly nice and accomidating even to our daily requests for extra coffee packets. I just wish I could remember all of their names because they all deserve some sort of recognition for how wonderful they are!
The view from our room was nice, and on our last night, I was able to spot a far-off view of the fireworks show from Disney. It was in the distance quite a bit, but what a nice (and unexpected!) little surprise it was.
The location is great, as many others have commented. A perfect distance to avoid the heaviest of the traffic from I-4 and International Drive but still amazingly close to Universal.
My only problem with the hotel (as minor as it might be) was that the side gate from the parking lot to the pool area was never locked during our stay. There was a slot to put in your key card for entrance, but the door pushed open without a key ever being put in. We told a gentleman who appeared to be maintenance, but on our last day, we noticed it was still open. Other than that, not a single complaint could be had. Wonderful. I would gladly stay here again. And plan to!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
galway
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for a week the beginning of October. Hotel is located just of international drive. There are 2 bus stops outside hotel which is convenient. Unfortunately when we asked at reception for day tickets they didnt seem to know anything about them. Free shuttle bus to parks with a good time table.
We ate in the bar area 2 nights - food good, service ok.
Our room was clean, no complaints in relation to housekeeping except the day prior to oour check out it was not cleaned which was annoying.
Had one issue with TV & this was rectified an hour later. Air conditioning located besid ethe bed & quite loud
On checking in we were directed over to to what we assumed was the concierge desk for the map of the area etc- be warned this is not the concierge desk but the time share trap - annoying was to put it mildly!
good location to stay if going to the parks

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JamikGalway
Meredith, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I don't normally stay at Crowne Plazas, but in a pinch had used Priceline to get a room at the last minute. The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly, and they didn't lock up the debit card with a large hold at check in, which was appreciated.

Their gift shop had a ton of crave-worthy snacks, which was handy for an unexpected extra day in Orlando and overall I was pleased with the experience.

They were having some issue with Internet, which they attributed to their provider (AT&T) but seemed to still have Wi-Fi in the lobby and wired Internet in the business center. This could have been a bigger irritant if the staff didn't seem sincerely sympathetic and apologetic.

Beds were comfortable and I appreciated that there was ample free parking, after having just run into a ridiculous parking fee situation at another nearby hotel.

Didn't stay long enough to get an impression of food and other details.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo