My fiance and I stayed for an extended weekend at the beginning of October and I could not have been happier with my experience. Our room was nice and clean and the hotel itself was beautiful. I was awestruck every time with left our room (on the 11th floor) when I saw the beauty of the lobby area. A little dizzying but gorgeous. The staff were all incredibly nice and accomidating even to our daily requests for extra coffee packets. I just wish I could remember all of their names because they all deserve some sort of recognition for how wonderful they are!
The view from our room was nice, and on our last night, I was able to spot a far-off view of the fireworks show from Disney. It was in the distance quite a bit, but what a nice (and unexpected!) little surprise it was.
The location is great, as many others have commented. A perfect distance to avoid the heaviest of the traffic from I-4 and International Drive but still amazingly close to Universal.
My only problem with the hotel (as minor as it might be) was that the side gate from the parking lot to the pool area was never locked during our stay. There was a slot to put in your key card for entrance, but the door pushed open without a key ever being put in. We told a gentleman who appeared to be maintenance, but on our last day, we noticed it was still open. Other than that, not a single complaint could be had. Wonderful. I would gladly stay here again. And plan to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When visiting the adventure capital of the world, enjoy the award winning service and experience of Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal. Recently voted the top hotel in guest satisfaction among all Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, this Orlando, hotel is where relaxation meets adventure! The perfect blend of modern luxury and impeccable service with a premier setting soaring 15 stories over world renowned International Drive and offering views of popular local attractions and their fireworks or seasonal light shows. A masterpiece that blends Park Avenue elegance with the chic deco of South Beach. The hotel features complimentary scheduled shuttle service to the Universal Orlando Resort including Islands of Adventure, City Walk and Universal Studios, the Worlds of Discovery theme parks including Sea World of Orlando and water pakr, Aquatica, the Walt Disney World theme parks and Wet n Wild. The hotel is also a stop on the I Ride Trolley, serving Universal Boulevard and the International Drive areas for just dollars a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Splitty, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Orlando
- Crowne Plaza Universal Orlando