“Couldn't have asked for better!”

Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd
Ranked #150 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My fiance and I stayed for an extended weekend at the beginning of October and I could not have been happier with my experience. Our room was nice and clean and the hotel itself was beautiful. I was awestruck every time with left our room (on the 11th floor) when I saw the beauty of the lobby area. A little dizzying but gorgeous. The staff were all incredibly nice and accomidating even to our daily requests for extra coffee packets. I just wish I could remember all of their names because they all deserve some sort of recognition for how wonderful they are!
The view from our room was nice, and on our last night, I was able to spot a far-off view of the fireworks show from Disney. It was in the distance quite a bit, but what a nice (and unexpected!) little surprise it was.
The location is great, as many others have commented. A perfect distance to avoid the heaviest of the traffic from I-4 and International Drive but still amazingly close to Universal.
My only problem with the hotel (as minor as it might be) was that the side gate from the parking lot to the pool area was never locked during our stay. There was a slot to put in your key card for entrance, but the door pushed open without a key ever being put in. We told a gentleman who appeared to be maintenance, but on our last day, we noticed it was still open. Other than that, not a single complaint could be had. Wonderful. I would gladly stay here again. And plan to!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here for a week the beginning of October. Hotel is located just of international drive. There are 2 bus stops outside hotel which is convenient. Unfortunately when we asked at reception for day tickets they didnt seem to know anything about them. Free shuttle bus to parks with a good time table.
We ate in the bar area 2 nights - food good, service ok.
Our room was clean, no complaints in relation to housekeeping except the day prior to oour check out it was not cleaned which was annoying.
Had one issue with TV & this was rectified an hour later. Air conditioning located besid ethe bed & quite loud
On checking in we were directed over to to what we assumed was the concierge desk for the map of the area etc- be warned this is not the concierge desk but the time share trap - annoying was to put it mildly!
good location to stay if going to the parks

2  Thank JamikGalway
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I don't normally stay at Crowne Plazas, but in a pinch had used Priceline to get a room at the last minute. The hotel was very clean, the staff was friendly, and they didn't lock up the debit card with a large hold at check in, which was appreciated.

Their gift shop had a ton of crave-worthy snacks, which was handy for an unexpected extra day in Orlando and overall I was pleased with the experience.

They were having some issue with Internet, which they attributed to their provider (AT&T) but seemed to still have Wi-Fi in the lobby and wired Internet in the business center. This could have been a bigger irritant if the staff didn't seem sincerely sympathetic and apologetic.

Beds were comfortable and I appreciated that there was ample free parking, after having just run into a ridiculous parking fee situation at another nearby hotel.

Didn't stay long enough to get an impression of food and other details.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RuRuRoams
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We have stayed at this particular hotel several times before, and we like it for several reasons. First, it's very close to everything, but a bit removed from the main, very congested International Drive area. Wet and Wild is right up the street, Universal 5 minutes one way, Sea World 10 minutes the other way. I-4 is very close with access to points north like downtown Orlando and the Amway Center and south destinations such as all of the Disney Parks.
The rooms are attractive, beds are very comfy, and the pool and pool bar area is quite nice. All in all, this place is our "go to" hotel when visiting the Orlando area.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The people who work in this hotel were exceptionally nice and the sevice was great! I stayed at 5 star hotels that did not compare to this level of service! I had one small problem and it was immediately dealt with!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We could not have been happier with our choice of hotel, this area is full of them and as overseas visitors we could only go on recommendations on tripadvisor. I admit we expected cheesy and over the top family style rooms because this is the home of theme parks. What we got was clean and stylish, fresh and light and fantastic service from everyone, room staff to restaurants and the reception people were charming and so helpful. Free parking for our hire car was a bonus. Guest laundry in the hotel too what more do you need. We highly recommend this hotel and the people who staff it. Air conditioner was a bit noisy but if you sleep light carry earplugs. We loved it.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The stay was very pleasant! Beds where incredibly comfortable, rooms very clean! The ENTIRE staff were absolutely wonderful and sweet, including the cleaning staff! Cant say a bad thing about them!

***I put terrible on the SPA and breakfast since I did not use it***

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends