“Great hotel, happy staff and great location.”

Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd
Ranked #149 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We could not have been happier with our choice of hotel, this area is full of them and as overseas visitors we could only go on recommendations on tripadvisor. I admit we expected cheesy and over the top family style rooms because this is the home of theme parks. What we got was clean and stylish, fresh and light and fantastic service from everyone, room staff to restaurants and the reception people were charming and so helpful. Free parking for our hire car was a bonus. Guest laundry in the hotel too what more do you need. We highly recommend this hotel and the people who staff it. Air conditioner was a bit noisy but if you sleep light carry earplugs. We loved it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,250)

Reviewed October 29, 2012

The stay was very pleasant! Beds where incredibly comfortable, rooms very clean! The ENTIRE staff were absolutely wonderful and sweet, including the cleaning staff! Cant say a bad thing about them!

***I put terrible on the SPA and breakfast since I did not use it***

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nikki F
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Had a great stay, as a gold member of IHG got free breakfast in the lounge but paid for a cooked breakfast first day. Second morning we drove to universal and ate there. Poolside bar was lovely - the waitress was fantastic very bubbly and remembered my name the second night - someone care about their job! Prices very good throughout the hotel compared to other Crowne Plaza hotels. Valet guy was great, went to get our car as soon as I got out of the lift I saw him running to get it - great service!

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay but didn't get much work accomplished because of the slow Internet. The hotel needs to increase their bandwidth. Front desk staff didn't seem to care that I was not satisfied. There are plenty of hotels in this area. I may choose differently on my next trip.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 24, 2012

I do not usually leave reviews but the quality of this hotel stay was so over the top, I had to pass it on. First of all, I got a (ridiculously) great rate with my Entertainment Card. When making the reservation, the agent asked if I was a Priority Club member and I said no. She said she would check to make sure, then told me I was and she would put that in my reservation. Ok, whatever, I don't rack up points because I'm not loyal to any particular brand. I choose hotels by location, value and a few specific amenities. We get to the hotel and my husband was a little annoyed they would not let him check in, as they needed the ID of the person whose name was on the reservation. After a few minutes he admitted it was surely for security purposes. The hotel was nice and clean and the employees were polite and professional. I can't go on too much about that because this is what would be expected from this type of hotel...it IS the hospitality industry. However, we were upgraded to the VIP level where there was almost zero noise from the 2 weddings going on throughout the weekend. The VIP level got us free coffee (BIG bonus!), free wireless internet, late check out, and 10% discount on purchases. There was a VIP lounge and I think that may have entitled us to free beer and wine at certain times, but we never realized it until we left. I would have liked this to be posted somewhere in the room, but no big deal.
Everything in the hotel was a bit pricey, but really, exactly what I expected at this type of hotel. I was thrilled for the free parking. As some have said, parking was limited, but we never had a problem and like I said...free. We are in Orlando 5-8 times per year and almost always pay for parking. The food at the breakfast buffet was just ok. Not bad, not good. It was just basic. At least it was fresh and the place seemed clean. While we were not disappointed, we did not care to spend $16 each a second time and went elsewhere. The same with our dinner, my husband's meal was "fine" and while expensive, no more than we expected. My meal, I didn't care for but I can't give a bad review because of my personal taste and the manager took it off my bill, simply because I didn't like it (there was nothing "wrong" with it).
What really made me write this review is this: Sunday morning the fire alarm went of and we were supposed to exit the hotel. It turned out the indecent was only about 2 doors down from us, another guest had broken a sprinkler head so we found out we didn't really need to exit. Fine, no big deal and certainly not the hotel's fault. Today I got an email (form letter) apologizing for the inconvenience and explaining the situation etc. THIS was over the top, as I don't see how they owed an apology for something like this.
Having worked in the hospitality industry, I would say the cleanliness, service, and amenities were wonderful, but exactly what one should expect from the high end of hotel group. The prices were high, but again as to be expected. The food was more like catering food than restaurant food but not overly disappointing and there are tons of options within walking distance.
oh p.s.- don't eat at Giordano's across the parking lot. We were seated and no one came to our table for more than 10 minutes so we left. When I told the hostess we were leaving and why, she shrugged.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gsmith0220
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I'm from the UK. I love this hotel and have stayed there three times now.

The room was lovely, clean and spacious. Breakfast included fresh-squeezed juice and everything was freshly-cooked.
The staff were welcoming and friendly. Being a foreigner to the country, on a couple of occasions where I needed help with transport, front desk and concierge actually went out of their way to help.

Dining staff were courteous and ensured that I had everything I needed. Bar staff were friendly, fun and good company.

Can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I went to Orlando for a quick trip to see my father. The Crowne Plaza is a very nice hotel. It is located one block East of I Drive off of Sand Lake. The room was very nice and comfortable. The shower was great which is something I find important. The other item is the bed. It was nice also. The only problem with this hotel is parking. You inevitably park way to the side or back of the hotel. There are other entrances but it seems inconvenient. With that said, I would still sty here again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple