“Great Hotel”

Ranked #135 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Dublin, Ireland
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This was a fab hotel, we stayed here on our honeymoon and loved it. Lovely big rooms and spotless clean.

Staff were great and sent us up a basket and bottle of champers on the house.
We also stayed in Crowne Plaza, Times Square, but liked this one better, had more of a personal homely feel to it.

Pool was lovely with a lovely little tikki bar beside it.
Food was really lovely with a fab buffet breakfast,

Good location, short drive to parks and malls.

Would luv to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank boo234
daquintana, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, July 23, 2011
Dear boo234,

Thank you very much for letting us host your honeymoon. At the Crowne Plaza, we strive to turn special occasions into unforgettable experiences, and It seems like we were able to do that with you.

Thanks for the great review, and we would also love for you to stay here again -Perhaps for your 1 year Anniversary!

-Didier Quintana
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Tall very well kept hotel. Desk staff wonderful and accomodative. Gave me an executive room on top floor with exec lounge access, free breakfast, and free internet (Platinum Priority member perks). Shuttle to and fro Universal studios, free parking (although a bit of a hike). Two large fantastic beds. Plentiful towels.
The breakfast is in a very small area of a large executive lounge, and seemed very cramped. The hungry hotel guests crowd the self-serving area. The hotel needs to enlargen the food table and spread so that there is not "competition" among guests for the breakfast offerrings.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Flaesb
stripoli, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
Dear Flaesb,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your outstanding and detailed review. You are correct, as a Priority Club Platinum member you do receive many perks including access to our Executive Lounge, a personalized welcome letter and amenity (advanced Bookings only), and free internet, just to name a few. I am glad you found the staff to be wonderful and accomodating. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to ALL of our guests.

I would like to apologize that it was a bit crowded in the Executive lounge. While the lounge is quite large, the buffet area can be a bit tight especially during the summer months when there are increased numbers of guests per room. Otherwise the lounge is typically less crowded and the competition is less difficult if you know what I mean.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to your future stays with us.

Best Regards,

Scott
St. Petersburg
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We selected the Crowne Plaza Orlando Universal based on the discount I received through my job and the high reviews here on Tripadvisor -- and we were not disappointed.

The hotel had all of our "must haves": the beds were VERY comfortable, the rooms were very clean, the flat screen TV was nice and they have an excellent pool/hot tub area to relax in after park hours.

We were able to stay on the top floor which is also in the club area, and the rides in the glass elevators through the atrium were a delight in themselves. (There are non glass elevators for those not fond of heights.)

We found the service staff very pleasant. The young lady, Jayzel, in charge of the evening snacks in the club lounge took the time to note our personal preferences and make suggestions accordingly. She was very polite and professional.

A young man working the bell stand did his best to help us try and see what we could of the last shuttle launch -- but we were foiled by the overcast skies. (Something he had already told us to be ready for...)

When I tried to order a Riesling at the pool side bar (and really what Tiki Bar IS going to have Riesling??) the lady tending bar helped me find a blush Zinfandel that made me just as happy.

We had one small glitch in our stay, however, General manager Scott Tripoli took care of the matter promptly and courteously.

And most importantly to US -- after a night of too much City Walk -- the custodial staff respected our "Do Not Disturb" sign and DID NOT bang on our door -- a disappointing event I've had happen at even the ritziest hotels!!

These are all example of the great customer care we received at the hotel.

I do not understand previous complaints about parking and the air conditioning noise. We only had to look for a spot one time -- and that was resolved fairly quickly. I was aware of the air conditioner running, but felt that it just made a nice white noise background -- further enhancing a good night's sleep.

And perhaps the best perk of all was that we could be at Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure in under five minutes. We were pleased to find out that we could leave mid day for a nap and not pay a second parking fee at the park when we returned.

The hotel is also close to Sea World and loads of good Orlando shopping. The Crowne Plaza is also a good bet for Disney, however, note that for Disney you are going to commute 15-30 minutes depending on the Orlando traffic.

If you are looking for a comfortable, safe, affordable and well located hotel to crash in between theme park trips -- this is your hotel!!

If you need foie gras from a silver spoon -- then you had better whip out the Gold Visa and stay at the Ritz Carlton.

Room Tip: To avoid lines @ the Wizarding World of Harry Potter -- be there when the gate opens or go in the ev...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank carol5001
daquintana, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear carol5001,

Thanks for your extensive review of our hotel!

We receive compliments on our Simmons Beauty Rest "Luxury Plush" beds on a regular basis. These beds are perfect for even the lightest sleepers, and are not just found on the executive level. Each guest room comes with these plush mattresses.

I'm also glad you had positive experiences with several of our staff members- Particularly with your experience at our poolside Tiki Bar. It's great that one of our bartenders was able to serve you something that you were still content with. Please e-mail me the next time you plan to stay with us. I would love to ensure that we have a bottle of your favorite Riesling stocked at the Tiki bar waiting for you.

Thanks again for your review- My goal is to ensure that all of our guests share the same great experience you had with us.

I look forward to hearing from you regarding your next stay with us.

Regards,
Guest Relations manager
Dquintana@cporlando.com
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Our stay at the Crowne Plaza Universal was unforgettable. From housekeeping all the way up to the hotel manager Scott Tripoli, it was the best stay I have ever had at a hotel. I let the hotel staff know that we were visiting for a special occasion, and they did everything imaginable to make sure we felt like the only customers they had that weekend, despite the fact the hotel was full with other families and couples. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to visit the area. Not only would I visit this property again, I cannot wait to visit this property again! You will not go wrong with this hotel.

Room Tip: Please keep your tips about rooms only
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ktaylor865
Dear ktaylor865,

Thanks for your review and for letting us host your special occasion.

I'm glad that you "felt like the only customers they had that weekend, despite the fact the hotel was full with other families and couples."

It is my goal that every guest in our hotels feels like they are our most important guest. The way I try to achieve that is by consistently practicing our WIT (Whatever It Takes) philosophy.

Thanks again for staying with us. We can’t wait to have you back either!

Guest Relations manager
Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza on a recent SeaWorld/Universal trip. I "won" the stay through a priceline.com bid. The hotel was very clean and the staff very accomodating. Since I booked through priceline I had no way of knowing what type room was going to be reserved (i.e. 2 queens or 1 king etc...). I called about an hour before we arrived and asked if it would be possible to check-in early and to let them know we were two adults traveling with two kids (preferring not to sleep all in one bed). They told me the 2 queen room would be an additional charge but found a room on the VIP floor with a foldout couch...so I would not have to incur additional charges. It worked out perfectly!! The only problem I have: NO FREE BREAKFAST...unless you're VIP. And, staying on the VIP floor doesn't make you VIP (especially when u only pay $85/night because u went through priceline!!).

• Stayed June 2011
1 Thank shellynnh
Dear shellynnh,

Thanks for your 5 STAR review!

It seems like we upgraded your standard booking to one of our Priority Club rooms. I am glad we were able to put you on one of our Priority Club floors. I would be happy to clarify the breakfast confusion. We have two Priority Club Floors (11th and 12th) and two Executive floors (14th and 15th). Guests on the Executive floors have full access to the Executive Lounge- which includes complimentary continental breakfast 7 days a week, and an evening reception that runs Sunday-Thursday

There are two methods a potential client may have a room on an Executive Floors. 1- Any guest can book an Executive Room and receive the aforementioned perks. 2- Gold and Platinum members are upgraded (upon availability) to those floors and then granted access to the lounge.

We also offer an amazing buffet breakfast every morning. Our guests love to take advantage of our Kids Eat Free program- which includes the buffet breakfast.

Thanks again for your review. Let me know the next time you want to stay with us. I’d love to make sure your stay will be as pleasant as the stay that warranted this 5 STAR review.

Dquintana@Cporlando.com
UK
Reviewed July 6, 2011

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 3 weeks in June 2011, we must have stayed here around a dozen times.

The rooms are spacious and well appointed with extremely comfortable beds, fridge, microwave, flat screen TV etc.. The pool area is great for relaxing after a long day at the parks. A couple of night there was live entertainment around the pool / terrace area and this was a nice touch which you often don’t find at hotels in Orlando. We had room service a couple of times and no problems and it is reasonably priced as is the breakfast buffet in the Arcanjo restaurant.

In my opinion the location of the hotel is excellent, perfect for the parks (Universal, Sea World, Discovery Cove, Aquatica, Wet & Wild and Disney) along with shopping and all that I-Drive has to offer. (I would definitely recommend a visit to Discovery Cove, its was a fantastic day from start to finish)

Having previously stayed at a number of properties on International Driver we would not look further than the Crowne Plaza, it offers a great location at an excellent price point, with well equipped rooms, first class facilities and excellent levels of service from friendly staff.

I have no problem what so ever recommending this hotel and often do so to friends and family. (I'm already booked to return!)

Give it a try and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank JR3079
daquintana, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Orlando - Universal Blvd, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Dear JR3079,

I understand that there are several lodging choices in Orlando, but I am happy that you continue to let us host your vacations.

Our goal is to deliver sincere and consistent service to all of our guests.

Given from your two other 5-star reviews of our hotel from past visits, I can tell that you continue to receive the same quality service and care each time-which is everything that we strive for.

Thank you for encouraging other guests to stay with us. I am confident that they will enjoy our hotel in the same manner that you have through your dozen stays.

We look forward to seeing you for a dozen (or more) stays!

Dquintana@cporlando.com
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2011

This hotel has it all and for $150 a night I cant complain. Flatscreens and the softest bed ive ever sat on.Its 2 minutes from Universal and about 15 minutes to be on Disney property and parked if you know your way around. If you have a few bucks to spend and want to treat yourself to a nice place to cool down after a long day in the Orlando attractions ...this is your place for sure.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sugarbear1281
Dear Sugarbear1281,

Thank you for your recent review and I am happy that you had a great stay. You are correct, our beds get a lot of praise. So much so that people want to buy them. I am glad you found the location perfect for Universal and Disney.

We look forward to being your host once again when you come back to Orlando.

Thank you.