“Grandson became a pirate”
Review of The Pirates League

The Pirates League
Ranked #27 of 72 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Jack and his trusted mates are scouring the 7 seas in search of treasure—and new recruits! At The Pirates League, select a pirate style and receive a makeover and training from the League's veteran pirates. Get a new name, learn some swashbuckling maneuvers and, after taking the official Pirate League Oath, be prepared to march in the Parade of Pirates in Adventureland.
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a really fun experience for a child my Grandson is 6 its the third time he has had it done. He looks fab and the staff really make them all feel special. Its not just being made up there are lots of little fun bits too, You are best booking in advance ,we always do and there are lots of tears when little ones cant get an appointment on the day.

5  Thank trip252
There are newer reviews for The Pirates League

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Perfect experience for our sons 5 &9. Great hour for mom and dad to rest in the air condition as well.
The pirates are in.character the entire time and so funny!
A must do.

4  Thank Albrecht315
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a bit of a pirate theme going on with our recent trip to WDW and this experience fit right in. My 5 1/2 yr old daughter and I sat down to be made up like pirates.
The Pirates League is located next door to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. After checking in, they take you back to a small room that is heavily decorated in pirate gear while fellow pirates apply your make up and talk to you with bad British accents. It is loud and ruckus and you have no choice but to join in the fun. You are made to swear a pirate oath, are given a sword and some pirate treasure.
I would note the experience is fun for all ages and genders. This is not just for boys. My daughter, whom wanted to look more like Izzy than Jake, was given eye makeup, an earring, a pink skull and bones bandana and matching nail polish. Plus, the makeup here is applied with a lot more restraint than over at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and your kid isn't trying to figure out how to walk around the Magic Kingdom in high heels or ride splash mountain in a $100 dress.
The basic package starts at $35 and I can assure you it is one of the best deals at the Magic Kingdom. You can easily add on pirate garb, hats, wigs, bodices, or other gear if the make up and trimmings aren't enough.
After being made up, we were invited to take part in Jake's "Talk Like a Pirate Week" Parade. I realize this is a very limited parade at Disney and we just happened to have good timing, but being able to walk down Main Street with my daughter and Disney characters while a pirate ship floated behind us was an experience I will not soon forget.

7  Thank Kurt B
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Coming to Magic Kingdom for our Sons's 5th Birthday we wanted to do something special with him and this truly was perfect. Since the Girls have the boutique to dress up like a princes this was perfect for our 5 year old. He chose the Jake package because he's not all for the makeup on his face (especially in the heat) so the jake package was perfect and they whole experience, the take always, and the photos were a steal for what the package cost. A must do!!

3  Thank Shereen T
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was really hoping my son would enjoy this, he is 4.5 years old. I made a reservation about 1.5 months in advance (not sure that's necessary, but I did it.) Anyway, my son loved it! It was such a fun experience and I am honestly surprised Disney does not charge more because I walked away feeling like I got every pennies worth. We did the basic package which included face paint, a sash, a sword, a pirate tattoo, a certified script proclaiming you are a pirate, a 'treasure necklace', and then some really cute pictures in a private room for your photo pass. I highly recommend! It did take about an hour and I recommend taking one of the later appointments because the face paint would and did smear throughout the day.

2  Thank Kaylee13