“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pirates League

Pirates League
Ranked #27 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Jack and his trusted mates are scouring the 7 seas in search of treasure—and new recruits! At The Pirates League, select a pirate style and receive a makeover and training from the League's veteran pirates. Get a new name, learn some swashbuckling maneuvers and, after taking the official Pirate League Oath, be prepared to march in the Parade of Pirates in Adventureland.
Chicago, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We had a bit of a pirate theme going on with our recent trip to WDW and this experience fit right in. My 5 1/2 yr old daughter and I sat down to be made up like pirates.
The Pirates League is located next door to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. After checking in, they take you back to a small room that is heavily decorated in pirate gear while fellow pirates apply your make up and talk to you with bad British accents. It is loud and ruckus and you have no choice but to join in the fun. You are made to swear a pirate oath, are given a sword and some pirate treasure.
I would note the experience is fun for all ages and genders. This is not just for boys. My daughter, whom wanted to look more like Izzy than Jake, was given eye makeup, an earring, a pink skull and bones bandana and matching nail polish. Plus, the makeup here is applied with a lot more restraint than over at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and your kid isn't trying to figure out how to walk around the Magic Kingdom in high heels or ride splash mountain in a $100 dress.
The basic package starts at $35 and I can assure you it is one of the best deals at the Magic Kingdom. You can easily add on pirate garb, hats, wigs, bodices, or other gear if the make up and trimmings aren't enough.
After being made up, we were invited to take part in Jake's "Talk Like a Pirate Week" Parade. I realize this is a very limited parade at Disney and we just happened to have good timing, but being able to walk down Main Street with my daughter and Disney characters while a pirate ship floated behind us was an experience I will not soon forget.

Visited September 2013
7 Thank Kurt B

Elmhurst, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Perfect experience for Boys and Girls!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Coming to Magic Kingdom for our Sons's 5th Birthday we wanted to do something special with him and this truly was perfect. Since the Girls have the boutique to dress up like a princes this was perfect for our 5 year old. He chose the Jake package because he's not all for the makeup on his face (especially in the heat) so the jake package was perfect and they whole experience, the take always, and the photos were a steal for what the package cost. A must do!!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Shereen T
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Definitely Worth It!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was really hoping my son would enjoy this, he is 4.5 years old. I made a reservation about 1.5 months in advance (not sure that's necessary, but I did it.) Anyway, my son loved it! It was such a fun experience and I am honestly surprised Disney does not charge more because I walked away feeling like I got every pennies worth. We did the basic package which included face paint, a sash, a sword, a pirate tattoo, a certified script proclaiming you are a pirate, a 'treasure necklace', and then some really cute pictures in a private room for your photo pass. I highly recommend! It did take about an hour and I recommend taking one of the later appointments because the face paint would and did smear throughout the day.

2 Thank Kaylee13
Ohio
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Turning little kids into Pirates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had both our daughter and son dressed up with makeup, pirate clothes accessories and they both loved it. Son had a bandana, scar makeup, and a beard that drew looks from other kids in the park, and my daughter looked beautiful as a lady pirate with bandana and makeup. Both received swords from the place and private pictures from a pirate in the next room. Great memories. Recommend this place in the MK

2 Thank commonpatron
Dublin, Ohio, United States
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Wonderful Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

My daughter, 12, decided to try the PL. I was surprised! Wondering if the adventure was worth it for her age group - it was interesting to see that of the 8 seats - 6 were taken by young girls and teens! The experience was worth the cost - the make-up and accessories were toppings on the cake. Oliver was a blast! He acted just like a pirate and "took" my daughter's cell phone (which had a monkey case) and kept showing off his new pet monkey! He gave away the phone as a birthday gift to another "pirate" and kept "stealing" everyone's belongings and acting as it if was his pirate's booty! It was hilarious! At the end, when photos are taken, the "pirate photographer" asked my daughter is she had sea monkeys in her pocket. Boy, was she surprised when my daughter said, "YES!" and pulled out her phone with the monkey case. HA HA HA! A little pirate fun of her own! The only downside - bring make-up remover and a wash cloth - it was SO HOT - and if she even touched her face it was all over her hands. We had a rough time getting all the black make-up off. But it was SO worth the experience. Thanks Disney!

5 Thank ElizabethM670