“Definitely Worth It!”
Review of The Pirates League

The Pirates League
Ranked #27 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Captain Jack and his trusted mates are scouring the 7 seas in search of treasure—and new recruits! At The Pirates League, select a pirate style and receive a makeover and training from the League's veteran pirates. Get a new name, learn some swashbuckling maneuvers and, after taking the official Pirate League Oath, be prepared to march in the Parade of Pirates in Adventureland.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was really hoping my son would enjoy this, he is 4.5 years old. I made a reservation about 1.5 months in advance (not sure that's necessary, but I did it.) Anyway, my son loved it! It was such a fun experience and I am honestly surprised Disney does not charge more because I walked away feeling like I got every pennies worth. We did the basic package which included face paint, a sash, a sword, a pirate tattoo, a certified script proclaiming you are a pirate, a 'treasure necklace', and then some really cute pictures in a private room for your photo pass. I highly recommend! It did take about an hour and I recommend taking one of the later appointments because the face paint would and did smear throughout the day.

2  Thank Kaylee13

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had both our daughter and son dressed up with makeup, pirate clothes accessories and they both loved it. Son had a bandana, scar makeup, and a beard that drew looks from other kids in the park, and my daughter looked beautiful as a lady pirate with bandana and makeup. Both received swords from the place and private pictures from a pirate in the next room. Great memories. Recommend this place in the MK

2  Thank commonpatron
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My daughter, 12, decided to try the PL. I was surprised! Wondering if the adventure was worth it for her age group - it was interesting to see that of the 8 seats - 6 were taken by young girls and teens! The experience was worth the cost - the make-up and accessories were toppings on the cake. Oliver was a blast! He acted just like a pirate and "took" my daughter's cell phone (which had a monkey case) and kept showing off his new pet monkey! He gave away the phone as a birthday gift to another "pirate" and kept "stealing" everyone's belongings and acting as it if was his pirate's booty! It was hilarious! At the end, when photos are taken, the "pirate photographer" asked my daughter is she had sea monkeys in her pocket. Boy, was she surprised when my daughter said, "YES!" and pulled out her phone with the monkey case. HA HA HA! A little pirate fun of her own! The only downside - bring make-up remover and a wash cloth - it was SO HOT - and if she even touched her face it was all over her hands. We had a rough time getting all the black make-up off. But it was SO worth the experience. Thanks Disney!

5  Thank ElizabethM670
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Ordered the pirate emperess package for my daughter, 4 years old. My wife and I also received makeup. Whole process from start to finish in about an hour. Good value for the overall look and effect. Many other Disney patrons complimented our family and mentioned how great it all looked. Everybody got goodie bags and medallions at the end of the process. Takes a little extra effort and scrubbing to get the makeup off, don't wear a white top during this experience. Recommend to do early in the day, be prepared for smiles and looks from other Disney guests the rest of the afternoon.

3  Thank Gary F
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This was money well spent at Disney! First make sure you call and reserve a spot- they are extremely booked up usually, and while they try to squeeze little pirates & pirate princesses in, this is too fun to miss. We were fortunate enough to walk up with our 4 year old, but only after trying for 2 days of a 4 day trip, and finally just racing to Adventureland the second the park opened. Once you pay your dues, they take over your child, he gets to pick out his "face" and then gets a new name-and off to the chair to be made over. (There may be a short wait).You are allowed to go back with them & watch the process, but please be kind, it is a smaller space, and when 6 or more little pirates are getting made up at once it can get a bit crowded. They have seating but it can tend to be standing room only-but do squeeze in and watch it is so fun! Our pirate picked a horrible skull face-he was completely transformed from a sweet little boy into a scary skull. The makeup artists are awesome, they are all in costume, and I didn't see one disappointed kid. (or family) It was so fun to see little boys get turned into Jake and little girls got to be whatever they wanted too-from pirate princess to skull pirate. After the makeup is done, they get their swearing in by a grandmotherly pirate woman (in our case which made it awesome) she taught them how to use a "sword" put on the eye patch, gave them a sword, and they get brought into a private room, where they will take photos of your new pirate. You don't have to buy the photo's but we did because they just turned out so cute! (excuse me SCARY!) then they turn you loose for your little pirate to scare everyone in the park. They do also have a small Pirate parade for them to participate in, but our 4 year old was not interested, he just wanted to scare everyone with his horrible skull face. The make up lasted all day-and was not too hard to take off- we used regular make up removers, and didn't have trouble getting him cleaned up. It was one of the best experiences we have had as a group, and I highly recommend it. My grandson ended up with a Pirate sash, eye patch and bandana ,sword (plastic) and full scary dead skull makeup for the price. But the whole day he had to "scare" people was priceless.

6  Thank traceyleep