“Still a super hotel”

Ranked #91 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Denmark
“Still a super hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

As stated  in my review as of April 2010 this hotel is a super hotel with a super location, and we and our frinds are always staying at this hotel.
The staff is great, helpful and always willing to do the extra little thing to accomodate the guests.
For example Shenandra: Get this lady a raise - a big one! When a gentleman had a stroke in the breakfas area, she responded fast and with a calmness that calmed the situation and helped the gentleman. Fantastic and Comfort Suites should award her for this fantastic help.
And also Nancy in the breakfast area - great work every day - always with a smile.

If I have to mention some minor flaws (they're not that big - but never the less) it should be:
The music played by the pool - pheww it's fusion jazz that annoys more than anything. Why not put on some kind of radiostation with parts music, talk,  news etc ?
The breakfast area is quite small and we have gotten used to this, but especially in the week end/summer it can get crowded.
There's only one toaster = long lines ! Please add another toaster.
And finally: The knives in the breakfast area. If you leave the butter and creamcheese in the fridge ( which you should ) then please get some more usable knives ! It's impossible to spread the butter/cheese as the knives are close to unusable
(I said it was minor flaws ).
But we'll book this hotel again - count on it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bastian87
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
bastian87, We appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. We thank you for being a repeat guest and for recognizing my staff. Shalando, who is my Executive Housekeeper, was awarded for her actions in relation to the gentleman who was having a seizure. She, along with my entire staff, work very hard each day making sure our guests are comfortable and happy. We have since changed the music selection at the pool area to something more upbeat. I will certainly note your comments regarding the breakfast as we will look into what we can improve upon in this area. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Went there with the family because we wanted to spend time at Universal Studio. We choose this hotel because of the location and price. Hotel is close enought to Universal Studio that you can walk to go there. My wife found out that 5 min from there (other side of I-4 on International Dr.), she could go shop a bit to the Orlando Premium Outlets. Definitely a plus. Hotel was clean and quiet (what a surprise for an hotel in that area). Only thing that bother me a bit was the outside whirlpool. The water was so hot that we could get in. Too bad because after a couple days walking all day long at Universal Studio, I would have liked jumping in.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mario D
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Mario D, Thank you for the nice review of our hotel. I apologize for the hot tub, we have since checked the temperature and made some slight adjustments. We hope you visit us again!!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

The room had 2 queen beds, pullout couch, mini-fridge & microwave. Clean which is the most important feature for us. Spacious. This was a 1 of 6 hotels we stayed in as part of our 2 week vacation in Florida. I say this was the best 'room' we stayed in. Decor is basic, so maybe not the best looking hotel. Eating breakfast at 9am means you may not get a seat but anytime before that seems to be good. Hot items like eggs & sausages, waffles, along with the standard breakfast items. Liked the ample supply of fresh fruits. There was never a shortage of anything. Not sure how the eggs are made but suspect it comes from a carton. Wireless in the room was slow.

It was hot hot hot, plus knowing we were going to be at Universal the whole day, we decided to drive and pay for the parking at Universal. I would estimate the walk to be at least 15 min.

I would recommend this to family and friends, but think it will be another decade before I make it back to Orlando, given that my kids are older now.

1 Thank TAFanToronto
TAFanToronto, We appreciate the kind review of your stay with us. We do our very best to make sure all our guests leave with a smile on their face! Thank you!
CHESHIRE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at comfort suites for two weeks in August the reason we picked this hotel it so we could walk to universal and save on the parking fee's, we used the shuttle for seaword and aquatica, location ok near a wendy's mc'donalds burger king also five mins walk to orlando ale house and walgreens for supplys drinks etc. We were only the fourth floor room large clean and good air con not a lot of storage though for a family staying two weeks only a small wardrobe a three draws, but we had iron & board fridge hairdryer which was great,there was two queen beds but five little pillows my husband hated these small pillows and could'nt wait to get back to a normal size at home the hotel also has a guest laundry on the third floor i used this twice only $1.50 for a large wash and $1.50 for a dryer was great not to come home will piles of dirty washing. The breakfast was good plenty of choice but the breakfast area is too small during our stay guest's were stood in the hall eating they need to entend this as it currently only seats about thirty people and fills up very quickly. We used the pool most afternoon during out stay clean and fresh pool towels provided by the hotel and added bonus. my only complaint was our room was one of the last to be cleaned between 4 and 5 each day, i know someone has to be last but we were out early and with the florida weather got back about three had a swim then wanted to relax in our room but it had never been cleaned so we had to hang about waiting for the maid to get to our room dont know if the hotel could ask each guest when the want there room cleaned and then the family in the last review wouldnt have been woken. overall would highly recommed and would stay here again

2 Thank JAYFAMILY
Jayfamily, We appreciate the thorough review of your stay with us. I'm very happy you and your family enjoyed your time in Orlando. I do apologize for the breakfast area as this becomes a challenge during busy times and for your room being cleaned late. Like you said, someone has to be last. We do our best to get the rooms cleaned at a decent time so our guests can relax. We look forward to serving you again!!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We are here on business, but at the front desk they have list of shuttles that go to and from universal. The customer service is outstanding. Check in was very smooth. The rooms are very spacious and clean. Then lady at the front desk called us in the room an hour or so after getting here to make sure everything with our room was ok. Perfect place to stay!!!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Abdavis9222
Abdavis9222, Thank you so much for the outstanding review of your stay with us! We take pride in delivering the best service in town and hope you visit us again in the future.
Iowa City, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

This was a very clean, nice hotel. We liked the pool area, the business (computer) room and our room. Overall, it was a good experience but I did have to complain to the manager about being woke up early morning on our last day of a 10 day vacation (and the ONLY day we could have slept in). A housekeeper banged on our door twice and announced, "Housekeeping" as my husband jumped out of bed and got half way to the door when they OPENED our door to come in. Our children were also woke up by this so it was frustrating to have missed out on catching up with our sleep. The manager gave us half price discount for one of our night's stay, which should have been a full price discount, but it's whatever. He claimed the housekeeper was a new hire and they can't keep good housekeepers working for them. The breakfast area was packed with no seating and we had to sit out in the hallway at long brown tables. We felt excluded of sorts and in the way (when a housekeeper pushed her cart past us twice and kept bumping into our chairs).

Room Tip: I believe any room you get here will be a nice one.
1 Thank D M
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites Universal Studio Area, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
The Messer Family, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I remember the conversation we had and again I'm truly sorry for my room attendant waking you up on your last day. I have since discussed this issue with my housekeeping staff to ensure we are knocking on doors at appropriate times. The housekeeper in questions was fairly new and was re-trained on this issue. I'm very lucky to have a great housekeeping staff at my hotel as I very rarely get complaints due to cleanliness and guest service. We hope you will visit us again in the future. Thank you!
gueret
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

We spent 6 nights in this hotel that we chose first for its closeness to Universal (you could walk there if there was a sidewalk all the way and no freeway to cross).
The staff was very nice and welcoming, the rooms were huge (a real suite) with 2 comfortable double beds and a couch, there was also a fridge, a micro wave and a small dining table.
Breakfast was great with delicious fresh waffles every morning (you made them yourself) but it was kind of crowded even though we were there in late october.
The swimming pool was too cold (but again it was not summer) but the hot tub was nice.
The shuttle was convenient (contrary to what universal says however the shuttle does not operate from the comfort suite but from the hotel nextdoor) but it took 30 min while it is only 2 miles away (not the fault of the hotel though).
I would come back with no hesitation

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank marion d
Marion D, Thank you very much for the nice review of your stay with us. I'm glad to hear we met your expectations and the family enjoyed themselves. We hope you visit us again!