“Great Place to stay!!!!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #122 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 4, 2011

My two friends and I stay at the Comfort Suites for 4 nights and found this hotel to be a great place to stay. The room recently remodeled was modern, clean and spacious. The beds were so comfortable. We arrived at 10 am and they were able to put us in a room so we could start our adventures at Universal/Harry Potter right away. Every member of the staff was friendly, helpful and very accommodating. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful with a great variety of food. We have an excellent stay and would definitely recommend this hotel to others. We'll be back!

3HarryPotterFans

Room Tip: cab service to Universal was a great value, staff will call and it arrives in less then 5-10 minutes...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LonaMaryland
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

LonaMaryland,

We are a Harry Potter friendly hotel!! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed yourself at my hotel. We want our guests to have a worry free stay while on vacation. I understand that a bad hotel experience can ruin an entire vacation. Thank you again and be sure to remember us when you come back to visit Harry Potter!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

My family of four (2 adults and 2 children) stayed 3 nights in this hotel in October to spend a couple of days at Universal Studios. The clerk at check-in was super friendly and very efficient. The room (third floor) was newly remodeled and very nice. The beds and pillows were comfortable and the maid service was excellent. The room was clean and spacious. This hotel is super convenient to Universal Studios (less than a mile away and straight across from the entrance), but still very quiet. Parking was ample and well lit. Security was nice (key entry to hotel lobby after 10:00). Breakfast was good and had some variety each day (not just the same thing each morning). Seating for breakfast was nice and additional seating was available if the room was crowded. Free wi-fi was a big plus. Check out was quick and simple. The only complaint I have is that the breakfast items on our last morning were not restocked quickly enough. The days we ate early (7:30), there were no problems. After 8:00, it gets a bit crowded and the food disappears quickly. We will definitely stay here again. We got a great room in a great location for a great rate.

Room Tip: We had a corner room on the 3rd floor which was quiet and had been recently updated.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

4pigeons, I want to thank you for the tremendous review of our Comfort Suites! We are a great destination hotel for travelers coming to the Universal Studios area. We have free shuttle transportation to the Parks and are only 1/4 mile away from the maingate at Universal. I will certainly address the breakfast issue with my staff. It does get challenging in the breakfast area when we are busy. Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Front desk staff were excellant to work with. We needed to be able to check in by 11am due to moving from a Disney property hotel and they were very accommodating at finding a room and making sure that we could check in early. Room was nice and there was enough space for 4 people. Only dissapointment was that appear that room cleaning wasn't done until late afternoon and the size of the garbage cans is on the extreme small side. The area around the hotel isn't much to write home about, The pool was nice and the morning breakfast offerend plenty the only downside is that they dont' start serving until 7am which for people leaving early you miss out and the breakfast to go consists of a snack bar and a bottle of water. This is an area they should look at and move the serving times up to 6:30 for early risers.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you very much, we appreciate the kind review of our hotel! My team at the Comfort Suites takes pride in delivering the best guest service possible. We take into account all our guest's feedback as this is how we get better. I have taken your comments regarding the trash cans and breakfast hours into account and thank you for letting me know. Our entire service philosophy is centered around guest feedback, so I thank you for letting me know. We hope to have you back in the future!

Reviewed October 6, 2011

This hotel was great from the moment we arrived. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful, always clean and had a good selection - just what you need before you head off for a long day at the parks. The seating area is quite small so i recommend getting there early. The room we were given was a renovated room (they are undergoing renovations at the moment) and it was was very clean, good size,couch, fridge, microwave, etc.

The front desk attendants were very helpful, they called us cabs everyday to get to the parks and it was only a short 5 minute wait. You can easily walk to Universal, its about a 20 minute walk. We chose to take a cab for $7 because we would already be doing a lot of walking at Universal.

The pool area was clean, lots of towels and loungers to relax on. We had the pool to ourselves most of the evening on Friday night which was nice. The hot tub was out of service unfortunatley. There were plenty of menus provided in the room if you wanted to order food, we ordered from Dominos and it was very fast delivery. There is also a TGI Friday's 2 minutes down the street.

Overall it was a great stay and i would highly recommend it to others. I have stayed at hotels inside Universal and it was not worth the money, next time i will return to the Comforst Suites instead.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel B
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you for the nice review of our hotel! We are almost complete with our renovation and the property looks fantastic. We are looking forward to giving our guests a new and improved Comfort Suites with all the amenities you would need to make your vacation a pleasant one!

We will look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed September 26, 2011

The room is clean and nice. with most of the things you need.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for staying with us! We are almost complete with our renovation, so please think about us for your future travel!

Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed in the U.S for 3 weeks and stayed in 4 different hotels. Overall I would say this was the best hotel taking into account price, service, facilities on offer. We stayed here for 3 nights at the beginning of August before going on to Port Canaveral. We used the outdoor pool which was great, there was free internet access and free wifi in room. The breakfast in the mornings was a great start to set you up for the day. The bedrooms were huge even for our family of five. Free parking a bonus. Self use Laundry facilities (you can buy detergent from reception for $1). However, I must compliment the staff for their service- nothing was too much trouble. If we ever go to Orlando again, this hotel would be my only choice. ( Note; We also stayed at Floridays).

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
ekrakow, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2011

Another happy guest! We strive for top level guest service each and every day. I'm so glad we met your needs and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at this hotel between August 25 and 29, and I have absolutely no complains -- as a matter of fact, for a chain hotel lost among zillions of others in one of the several lodging clusters of Orlando, this one is pretty good and friendly.

Room was big enough for three people (I was alone in mine, and my two friends shared another), with large bed -- although too soft for my taste (and back) -- in the one I was sleeping and two smaller but decent beds in the shared room. The hotel is close to a very huge highway and the sound of traffic is audible in the external area of the hotel, but once inside the premises you'll hear nothing but the sounds made by the guests. You should remember that you are in Orlando and everyone is there for fun and some noise!

Breakfast was OK, with proteins and carbohidrates aplenty, and coffee is always available for free in the lobby area. A small convenience shop has some interesting and useful stuff, but if you have forgot a toiletry item, something like shaving foam, as was my case, you better talk to one of the very nice people that work at the desk -- chances are that they'll give it to you for free. I was in the process of buying the foam when the clerk suggested that I take a complimentary kit. "You don't have to buy it", he said, to my surprise and satisfaction.

The hotel is really close to the Universal theme parks -- actually at walking distance, but as nobody walks in Orlando a shuttle bus is available for free in the morning (in the neighboring Holiday Inn) and will bring you back in the evening. We didn't catch a taxi, but the clerk said that it would be inexpensive. The Comfort Suites is also very convenient for the Millenia Mall and a short car trip to the main outlet of that area.

However, if you're going to Disney you should look elsewhere for accomodation, because it is far from the hotel, maybe 10 miles.

It is worth mentioning that there is a self-service laundry in the third floor, with washers and dryers ($1,50 per cycle), perfect to take care of male underwear, socks and even jeans and cargos. Of course, more delicate itens should be sent to the valet laundry ($ 20 for four t-shirts). And on top of that you get free wi-fi internet in your room (good quality) and free newspapers like Orlando Sentinel and The Wall Street Journal.

And yes, there is a pool and a gym, but I never set foot on both, so I will make no comments on that.

Overall it was a very good stay, reasonably cheap (a bit less than $ 100 each night), making this Comfort Suites my number 1 choice if I am ever to come back to Orlando.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the third floor, avoiding the misfortune of sleeping under a room full of children...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Claudio_Souza

We are so pleased to hear about your positive experience at our Comfort Suites! Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing you again!