“Comfy and clean”

Ranked #130 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Julian, North Carolina
“Comfy and clean”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on three occasions, and each time have been very satisfactory. Friendly staff, clean rooms, and a great business center. I will continue to frequent this hotel. Good central location for area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
LYNNFORD, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and are very happy you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again in the near future. Thanks again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Recently while visiting my kids at UCF we tried the Hiton Garden instead of our usual place of choice, the Homewood Suites. I thought, it was only one night, lets try the Hilton it is a little less per night. I guess the saying, you get what you pay for screamed loudly throughout the stay.
Arriving at 4:15pm we were told that our room was not ready yet, it would be 45 minutes before we could get in our room. This was strange because the parking lot was almost empty and it was not a football game weekend. While we were settling into our room, we noticed that a empty six pack of beer was left in the corner of the room, glad we waited for our room to be cleaned. After having the front desk, take care of this, the manager on duty relpied, sorry for that.
When it was time to sleep, the poor construction of the facility allowed you to hear everything from all the rooms around. Anytime someone flushed, you were awaken by the sound of water flowing. Not a restful night.
WIth our room package we recieved a breakfast, which looked good, however again looks can be deceiving. The worst and tackiest thing was they give you a regular bill to show what it would have cost you and you use your voucer to pay with. Oh and the leave a spot for a tip, tip? we served ourselves it is a buffet.
So overall the trip was terrible. We will go back to the Homewood Suites wher we have always had the best of service throughout our stays.

Room Tip: Try the Homewood Suites just down the road. You will be happy your did.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark H
LYNNFORD, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East, I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered during you stay with us. I have spoken to the Executive Housekeeper regarding the item left in your room and it was an oversight of the housekeeper who cleaned your room, still not acceptable by Hilton standards. I hope when you are in the area again , you will give us another chance. Thanks again for staying with us.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I went to this Hilton because of recommendations from others who had previously stayed here. By far my best experience. The servers at the restaurant were really friendly, relatable, and helpful from directions to good places to eat to their own menu. The front desk staff was friendly as well.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank MichelleLynn21
LYNNFORD, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review for our hotel. We are so glad you chose to stay with us and appreciate the comments regarding our restaurant and front desk staff. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thanks again.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for almost a week on business travel. Check in was simple and I was originally put in a room on the first floor by the fitness center. When I walked into the room, it smelled of mildew. I assume it was because of its locality by the pool. I called the front desk and they quickly put me in another room that was just fine. I love their little shop where I could purchase some water or snacks to take to my room. The breakfast bar did offer a to-go box that I also could take up to my room and get ready for the day. The food was good, not great. I really wish this hotel would offer breakfast room service. The beds are comfortable and the room was clean. It is also close to alot of restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: If you can, try to get a room not on the first floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank lw12
Tallahassee
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is one of the best near UCF. It is just around the corner. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The rooms are in need of an update. More what feels like 80's decor, with wallpaper borders around the top of the wall, more popcorn ceiling and brass fixtures. Bed in my particular room not a "number" bed that the HGI is known for. The toilet was not clean under the rim. The room was acceptable, the staff was excellent. A nicer note about this hotel is the TV's are great, and the ice machine is near the elevator, which is not near any rooms, so fairly quiet rooms.

Room Tip: There is a cost for breakfast....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LYNNFORD, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were disappointed with our decor. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. I’m pleased to hear you found our staff friendly and accommodating and enjoyed a peaceful night’s sleep. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The decor is early 70's and the rooms are styled so that you can trash them during a football game and no one will know the difference. What a disaster in decorating but very serviceable for the "We Buy Gold" vendor on your floor. Makes you feel real secure when you have all types of folks coming up from the street to sell their gold next door to your room, hoping that they leave and don't wander the hallways on any floor looking for an easy mark.
And expensive?? yes!! The so called breakfast bar is overpriced ( go to any restaurant up or down the street) to save a significant amount. Go next door to the bar-b-que place for a beer cause the one you will buy at the hotel is again over priced. But don't forget the rates for a football week -- this hotel is all about gouging the UCF sports fan during any game week. Even government and military get gouged. But don't worry, housekeeping will not disturb you because you can wait for days to see them. So save your towels and live with the trash for a few days, and don't worry , they will come by. No, this is not a place to stay and this review is amongst the numerous TERRIBLE reviews that show that Hilton has forgotten this hotel a long time ago. And finally forget the Hilton Guarantee for your stay. The new policy is to get you a reservation at any other hotel in the area when you mention no housekeeping service to the Manager. A perfect example of the Hilton Corporation having forgotten this hotel...

Room Tip: Check in to the Homewood Suites down the road for a safe and valuable stay.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LYNNFORD, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of providing excellent service. Again, we apologize for the inconveniences that you endured while you were staying with us. We will be sure to address both our housekeeping and front desk staff in regards to this. However, due to your review the management team will take a serious look at our pricing. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I hope that you will be our guest again – thank you for your review.
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this particular hotel at least 6 times over the last couple of years. I find this hotel is consistent when it comes to the quality of the room, the front desk service, and the daily breakfast.

I will definitely stay at this hotel when traveling to Orlando in the future.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business