“Will review in 2 parts. (This is Part I) - Check in - NOT GOOD!”

TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area
Ranked #234 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Will review in 2 parts. (This is Part I) - Check in - NOT GOOD!”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Before I write this... understand that I stay in hotels on avg of 90-100 or so nights a yr.. for the last 10 yrs.. I checked into this property which looks great on the outside. The guy at the FD was pleasant. I had 2 adjoined rooms in my party.

Had I been alone, I would NOT have stayed here. i would have left.

Room #1 - One room was decent. (not great.. barely above avg) Room #2 - There was long dirty blonde hair in the made up bed. Hair on the sink.. and a dead small roach in one of the drawers.

So.. my father stayed in his room.. I moved to Room #3

Room #3 - Smelled like 420 was just celebrated. I think I caught a contact after stepping in.

Called the guy...

Room #4 The room seemed clean... UNTIL I walked into the bathroom there were what appreaed to be brown streaks & reddish spots. Oh and hair. (PASS)

At this point... i'm now on the Marriott site looking at rooms...

Room #5 - We were all set to accept this room... until my son found BLOOD on the toilet.
(Seriously)

Room #6 - Finally! We accept this room. (I'd already used my small travel can of disinfectant) So, we go to WalMart... grab a LARGE can of Lysol & other things, Return to the hotel. I spray the room down. (Normal for me) I got to spray the shower.. the shower curtain is OLD, Has hair in it. (Had I been able to find a decent property to accommodate my entire party.. i'd be gone.) At this point.. we're all totally unpacked.

We'll see how the next day goes. I've already 'requested' that the shower curtain be replaced. We'll see.....

Standby for Part II.

Room Tip: Come with Lysiol... I entered 6 rooms. Only 2 of the 6 remotely smelled clean. Most were about...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank DCWh0dat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Dade City, Florida
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel two times at the end of 2013. Dec. 23 for three nights and again on Dec. 29 for one night. Over the Dec. 23 stay our queen sized bed (room #120) was very soft and sagged terribly in the middle. Made for very uncomfortable sleeping. It also had a funky aroma when you first entered the room. On or Dec. 29 stay we had complained about the bed from our previous stay and was told the beds were "fairly new" and we must have gotten an "old bed". Room #319 bed was very soft, but did not sag in the middle. Would not choose TownePlace suites in the future as we prefer a firmer mattress. Otherwise OK. Rooms need updating.

Room Tip: Ask for a new mattress!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
While we have recently replaced the majority of our mattresses over the past month there are still some rooms awaiting new mattresses as we prepare to convert our One Bedroom suites into King rooms to offer a larger bed size to our guests. These updated mattresses are all pillow top, which we understand unfortunately can be an issue for those who prefer a firm mattress. As for our room updates, we are currently in the process of updating the furniture in our rooms which we hope to have completed by the end of February.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here for daughters graduation from u.c.f.. very close to campus..rooms were not what i would expect for $129.00 per nite. The bathrooms were tiny. The shower leaked and dripped all nite. The toiletries were in fact used and not new gladwebrought our own... the bed ...auugh the mattress was old and saggy. I almost got up to sleep on the couch during the nite. They need new mattresses for sure. The internet was the best part.fast and easy to sign on.
The tv was in such an awakward location could not watch from anywhere.
The staff was ok but. Never at the desk youhad to call for them to come out..
For 59 or 69 a nite worth it but 129.... not

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
While I am pleased you found our location to be perfect for your UCF needs, I am sorry to see that the rest of your stay was poor. We strive to maintain the high quality of cleanliness and maintained property that you would expect from a Marriott and I thank you for alerting us to the problems you faced. I will be addressing these issues with the appropriate staff to correct any operational errors that occurred during your stay.

For future reference, with our unique room layouts the televisions are set to original positions at an angle however they are designed so they can be easily turned to face the sitting area or the sleeping area. As for our bedding we have just recently finished replacing our mattresses within the past week for new pillow-top mattresses. Again, thank you for reviewing your stay with us, I wish you safe travels during this holiday season!
Chapmanville, West Virginia
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Booked this hotel for a friends graduation from UCF and the hotel was very close to the UCF campus. This property is pretty standard to Towneplace Suites. Not saying there is anything wrong with the hotel, but there isn't anything exceptional about it either, and I would have expected a little more for the price. Check in was quick and easy, and the front staff were very welcoming. I am a Marriott Platinum member, and usually receive some sort of welcoming gift when I check in at Marriott properties, typically a bag with a couple snacks inside and some sort of drink. At this particular property, I was given a baggie, and when I got to my room, all it contained was a bottle of water. I'm not complaining, I actually chuckled when I opened it and wrote it off as they were really busy due to UCF graduation and were just running low. I appreciate it none the less, I just found it humorous. The room itself was nice, clean and what I expect from Towneplace. I always find it convenient to have a kitchen when staying out of town, and Townplace are usually great values. The beds were comfortable, the linens were soft, and the hotel seemed quiet for the most part. Like I said, nothing wrong with it, but nothing outstanding either, and I would have expected a lower price or a little nicer of a property or a few more amenities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I am pleased to see that you found our location to be decent and that you found our location to maintain the TownePlace Suites standards. I do apologize for the oversight with your Platinum welcome gift and I will be addressing this issue with the staff. Thank you for writing such a thorough review of your stay with us so that we know what we are doing right and where we can improve. We hope if you return to the area and give us another chance you will find your stay to be of more value with several of the changes we have going on in the next few months. Safe travels!
Gainesville, Georgia
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

smelliest hotel ever, especially on 5th floor and elevator, smelled like third world country

room was excellent

service was excellent

breakfast was fine for this type of hotel

we were there for vacation

buy some lysol from Sam's and keep the barking dogs at home

Stayed November 2013
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. While I am glad that you found our service and rooms to be excellent I am sorry that you had a poor experience regarding odor. In addition to our standard cleaning products we do utilize a third party to help ensure that our hallways are kept fresh and neutral.

Being a hotel that serves many international guests that enjoy utilizing our in-room kitchens, we understand that everyone has varied taste in smell- especially when it comes to cooking. We do our best to monitor our hallways so that in room windows are opened to air out rooms versus propping open doors but unfortunately we are not able to see every situation at all times. I hope that your vacation went well despite this issue and that your future travels are safe.
Waldorf, Maryland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Our room at the TownePlace Suites' was clean. The kitchen was in great condition and had all the amenities necessary to make a meal. The staff was very helpful and the laundry room had adequate washers and dryers to do our laundry.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
I am pleased to hear that you found our service excellent and our amenities to fit your travel needs. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. If you find yourself in the area again we hope to serve you as our guest.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013

TownPlace Suites is very nice and reasonably priced. The atmosphere is home-friendly and the staff members are very welcoming! I will surely come visit more because of my pleasant experience there. Plus, the location is very close to UCF and its surrounding food places are an assortment to choose from!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
UCFMarriotts122, Manager at TownePlace Suites Orlando East/UCF Area, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I am glad that you found our property to be home-friendly with welcoming staff and convenient location. We look forward to having you again in the future and I thank you for taking the time to review our property.