“Authentic Cuisine. Great Atmosphere!”
Review of Katsura Grill

Katsura Grill
Ranked #615 of 4,061 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I really loved the whole Japanese pavilion area! The theming is great and having all these Japanese nationals in the area, shucking oysters, playing Taiko drums, even selling beer is simply amazing.
The first time through this pavilion at night, I could not find Katsuras and apparently it was closed even though the park was open later that night because of disney extra hours. We went through the whole area including the museum and Japanese store, and never did find it.
Look up! Its way above the rest of the pavilion hidden up high and very inconspicuous. Upon entering we were warmly greeted by the servers and i was overjoyed to see the menu of authentic Japanese cuisine.
I ordered the Chicken Katsu Curry and my Wife had the Tempura Udon. The portions were a bit small for the price, but this is disney where a beer costs $8 so it was alright. I was still hungry so I ordered the Beef Udon. It was excellent. To the other reviewer who seemed to have trouble with the Udon, USE CHOPSTICKS AND SLURP IT! LOL. This is how its supposed to be eaten. To whoever complained about the curry being like stew - THAT'S BECAUSE JAPANESE CURRY IS LIKE A STEW made with meat, potatoes , onions and carrots.
Anyways I loved the food, loved the atmosphere and the cast members (crew) working at the restaurant were very attentive and a pleasure to order from. 5 STARS!!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Since my wife and I couldn't find a sit-down Japanese restaurant (we knew it was around somewhere, but just gave up searching), we stopped at Katsura Grill. It was nice to see Japanese people working there. We ordered vegetable sushi rolls ($7.99) and tempura shrimp udon ($10.99). They were all good, but for the amount of food, it was a bit too expensive. I guess that's for all the food in Disney theme parks. Anyhow, we were still hungry, so had to go somewhere else to eat. I'm sure the other sit-down place would have cost us a lot more, so we were good with what we had.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This rate is based on a restaurant in theme park. The food they serve is better than a lot of Japan restaurants that you can find around the cities. Price is reasonable with above average taste. It is a light meal for a hot, humid day that does not burn a hole in your wallet. Of course, don’t expect a full meal with table service. You need to pay much more in the other restaurant to get it. We have a udon soup, several boxes of sushi and tea. We are really happy about what we got.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I ate here during our trip to Disney back in September 2012. It was so good we decided to eat here twice. The food was absolutely delicious and the service was great. We went during the off season so we had no trouble finding a seat quickly. The outside seating is beautiful, especially at night. I highly recommend this quick service restaurant if you are visiting Epcot! You will not be disappointed!

1  Thank Kelli B
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Our rice was like glue, the "curry" was more like a stew and our meals had no real flavor of Japan. The ice cream was pretty tasty, although they served it with our entrees so it was soup by the time we finished our meals. With all the other choices available, we will go elsewhere next time.

1  Thank LVSquared