“Review by Buffet Boy of Orlando”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I did this review for Asian Buffet but it also contains information on C & D Buffet which is located nearby.
There are 5 Chinese buffets in the Florida Mall area assuming they are all still in business. I have eaten at all of them and would rate Asian Buffet as #2 very close to C & D Oriental Buffet which is my favorite in this area. The other 3 I don't eat at due to bad selection or food quality I would like to see Asian Buffet improve the cleanliness of their restrooms as C & D has done by doing a complete remodel on their restrooms. Many customers judge the cleanliness of the kitchen based on the cleanliness of the restroom.
I don't expect the staff to speak good English just as some of their many Hispanic customers don't speak good English. I can't complain about service because it is a buffet not a full service restaurant. They take your plates away and refill your drink. Mission accomplished.
The food is good and on par with C & D Buffet. It is a matter of preference which of the 2 buffets you choose because there is some difference in the variety.
I eat lunch because I think it is a better value and I don't think the additional dinner items make much difference.
The Asian Buffet building was a Pizza Hut long ago. They did a good job of converting it into a Chinese experience. I don't think there is any evidence that it was formerly a Pizza Hut.
I don't recall what the lunch price is at Asian Buffet but C&D is $6.29. I consider that to be a good value compared to "fast food" restaurants where you may pay the same or more for a greaseburger and fries. Both C&D Oriental Buffet and Asian Buffet are located close to each other and are a good place to get lunch. You drop in and eat your lunch and then you can get back to work. Yes! Better food and get it faster than a "fast food joint" .

1  Thank Jimmy J
There are newer reviews for C & D Oriental Buffet

Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

This joint was horrible. The food was not appetizing on the bar and it's horrible when you go to a Chinese buffet and the best thing on the bar is the fried chicken! Our waitress constantly reached over our plates to refill drinks and the manager talked on the phone the entire time we were there, which was well over an hour. Lastly, my party of eight was hit with a 20 service charge because we sat together! Of course this .sign was hidden in some inconspicuous spot. Stay away from the "Cloak and Dagger " Oriental Buffet!